TKR Lavender's getting a new left knee for Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh Lavander I will miss reading your posts!! I hope you at least stop by and tell us how you are doing and whats new in your life since knee replacement. But if I don't see your posts anymore, then I hope you will continue to heal and have a good life. Best Wishes to you.
 
Holly,
Please take good care of your knee, and I wish you the best of luck! I have enjoyed my communication with you, and am sorry to see you go. I followed your thread from the very beginning, and it is amazing how much progress you have made!
I too am winding down in my recovery, and at 16 weeks I don't have many problems. I will probably post updates every now & then, and I hope you do too!

Take care,
Roger
 
Wanted to wish you well for your new "after surgery" life. I think it is a great achievement that you are ready to move on, live your life and get on with all of the things that you were not able to do before. :dancy:

Thank you very much for all of your messages of support on the forum and I am hoping that you will find time to drop in now and again to let us know how you are getting on :martini:

So take good care - and have a great time :friends:
 
Hi Holly,
I've just been catching up with your posts.
It sounds as though life is very busy for you at the moment.
It is really good to read that you are happy with your new knee and are making good progress.
Like you I am pleased with my new knee(s). My knee 2 is obviously very new but already it is steady and strong.
It was lovely when your post popped up on my thread today.
Take care and keep in touch.
Hugs, Toothfairy x :SUNsmile: :dancy:
 
Hi :friends: I am missing all of you. Need time for personal things that have crept up and wanting to tell you how much the friendships I have made have meant. My Mom will be going in in a few weeks for catarac surgery she has heart problems as well which are causing difficulties. Missing my Dad and making her feel a little less alone . My husband is going for tests in the next few weeks and into next month as well they are checking his kidneys and the results of the first tests will be discussed with us on Monday feeling very emotional . The results of a colon Cancer test have not turned out so well and our family doctor has referred my husband to another specialist. I have been trying to get past my leg as I will need to be able to help get them both around and stay strong. I can't thank you all enough for all of the kind help that you have all given me . My husband is going through so much at this time never worries about himself but this is making him very uncomfortable always tries to look at the good things and smiles doesn't want me to worry. You have all been there for me so many times. Making the most of my Mom and time with her and cherishing all of the moments with my husband and our time together each day. Thanks for the posts you have sent me and your kind words. Holly
 
Oh Holly, what a lot you have to deal with at the moment.
The cataract surgery should make a huge difference to your mum. Both of my in laws have had both of their eyes done ( one at a time) and have benefitted greatly. My father in law has heart problems but was fine with his cataract surgery on both occasions. It is great that you are giving her so much love and support.
It is understandable that you are feeling emotional, it must be so scary waiting for your husbands test results.
Hang on in there and take one day at a time. Try hard to find a little 'me time' even 15-30 minutes a day would be good. I know it will seem impossible but if you can have a little time to recharge your batteries it will help you to be there for your husband and your mum.
You are a very caring person. Try to stay strong.
Keep in touch and let us know what is happening so we can support you through this difficult time.
Hopefully things will soon start to look a bit brighter,
Sending you a hug,
Toothfairy x :friends: :flwrysmile:
 
Hi Holly. I'm glad to read your post this morning. I had cataract surgery and really its no big deal. You wake up and can see. I was almost blind in my left eye, but could see perfectly after surgery. It really felt like a miracle instead of a surgery. They give you 2 or 3 different drops to put in your eye for a few days and thats it. You didn't mention if your husband actually has cancer of the colon or exactly what it is, but I wanted you to know I also had colon cancer, so if you need anyone to talk to, I'm here.
 
Hi@toothfairy thanks so much for your kind words. Just got home went to see my Mom we have both been feeling emotional this last few days my husband and I went to the park afterwords sit in the gentle atmosphere feeding the geese and ducks and just enjoying the sunshine and being together. My Mom is scared about the catarac surgery and my husband is trying to relax her he had his both done a year apart about 15 years ago and sees so much better then before. I went out for breakfast on Saturday with my husband and I just started to cry couldn't stop it just kept coming and finding over the past few days watching families Dads with their kids and grampas and side glances reminded me of my Dad. Told my Mom we will take her to the hospital appointments and stay with during her surgery make sure she is ok and take her home she will have all the help she needs. Next week appointments for my husband with two specialists and family doctor my husband was diagonosed with Diabetes the week of my knee surgery I am diabetic as well and we work on it together.

They are going to give him the results of the kidney diagonosis on Monday and Thursday he will see his endochronologists . The hospital called after he submitted a colon cancer test and they are concerned blood was found and they want to do a scope to determine if cancer is present. A year ago June the company we worked for for 38 years was sold and we now wonder if the loss of job was meant to be. Dad and Mom needed help Mom had her first knee replacement and Dad had just suffered a stroke and I had been seeing the surgeon for cortisone shot somehow it all showed us that our time would be needed for other things.Husband in hospital in February Dad died in April and Mom had her second knee replacement in March and mine came next. I am thankful that I had the precious moments spent with them and worried that something will happen to my husband we are very close. Thanks for your support Holly
 
Hi@scaredinCA Thanks so much for your encouraging words very appreciated. The results of the test that my husband finished on Tuesday has caused our family doctor to refer him to a specialist to have an exam to look up inside him and using a camera and light see what is going on. You would understand the procedure if you have had this and I'm so sorry that you have to go through this as well not sure what it is called all is happening so fast. He was offered an appointment in September or October as the other choice he is not ready he said he wants to take the October one first appointment is the day of my Moms surgery and want to be home with him the day he has his done. The nurse is going to call and explain things to him and they said they will send him paper work to explain what he will have to do to be prepared for the day they do it. Hoping that it turns out that the test was showing a false result and he will not have to go through any more. If they do find anything and praying they don't is there anything they can do if it is caught early can't bear to think he and I will have to handle him going through any more. Hope you are not still dealing with colon cancer and know whatever happens he will have me right beside him. Hope tomorrows results are good. Thanks again Holly
 
Hi@Puffin Hope you are doing really good and hope you are no longer having any pain. What a journey we have had and thankful that this new knee although a little tight sometimes is no longer as painful. Lots going on in our lives but going to make time to write to all of you you are all so very special and have been good friends along the way made the bumpy roads and days when the light at the end of the tunnel seemed so far away easier to handle .So thankful that I have been able to be part of such a wonderful place with such caring supportive friends people wh knew how it felt and offered words of encouragement and kindness. Hope all is well and thanks so much Holly
 
Again let me reassure you that your moms cataract surgery won't be a huge thing. Did you know that the surgery only takes about 15 minutes? Yep thats all. Its the waiting beforehand thats nerve racking. She will be put to sleep with a short acting drug and when she wakes up, she'll be fully awake, not wozzy. On the drive home she'll notice she can see just fine. This surgery isn't dangerous so try to keep yourself and your mom calm.

Okay now I figured out that your husband is going in for a colonoscopy. He will also be put in a light sleep and he won't be in any pain at all. Its the prep before the colonoscopy thats the worst part because he can't eat and he'll have to drink some nasty tasting stuff that cleans out his colon. Make sure he tells the doctor *beforehand* that he's a diabetic, thats very important..... See that he follows the instructions to the letter because if he isn't all cleaned out before the procedure, then he'll have to do it all again. Someone will need to drive him home because he might be a little bit loopy afterwards.

I did in fact have cancer, but it was found in time before it had broken through the colon wall and spread to other organs. I was blessed in that I didn't have to have chemo or radiation. My cousin had it also and she had to have some chemo and radiation, but not enough to make her lose her hair or anything awful.....

So try to stay calm. Cancer isn't always a death sentence like we fear. I am sorry you have gone through so much in a short period of time. Just take care of yourself & get plenty of rest so that you have energy to help your mom and husband get through their procedures. Don't neglect your own health or you won't be any good for them. It will be okay Holly, somehow it will be okay.
 
Hi Holly
So sorry to hear that you have so much to deal with at the moment
It must feel like your family has a season ticket for the hospital in recent months
Take good care of yourself and hoping that everything turns out OK
:friends:
 
Holly and everyone reading this, one of our members, Debbie, (not me) started a new thread in the Social Room called the Coffee Klatch where we can talk about anything and everything in our lives, not just knees.:cheers: Go on over and join the conversation.
 
Today we went to see the kidney specialist and the news is so so very wonderful. The blood tests that he had done two weeks before 17 vials came out really great and the results of the ultra sound that he had done showed the kidneys are fine the specialist explained that they had seen a shadow on the right kidney and it turns out that this kidney has an extra tube 2 instead of one. Specialist explained how things look and has issued a set of pills to help proctect his kidneys. The kidney with extra tube has been leaking protein. Now hoping that the colon results will turn out to be ok have to wait till October for this. I almost felt like I was going to cry such good news and the smile of relief on my husbands face was wonderful. I thanked him for his care and told him how much the good news meant how since we have had him and our family doctor and the other specialist I am not feeling so alone he was pleased and said it is my pleasure hoped that the news would be good . My husband has a low immunity to sickness diagnosed two years ago after he almost died in the hospital. We are so very happy and hope that this may be the start of things turning around Thanks to things looking better Holly
 
That is wonderful news Holly,
One less thing for you all to worry about. I know you have still got the October results on your mind but for now enjoy the feeling of relief about the kidney tests.
So good for you to have some happy news,
Enjoy and have a very happy day, I am so pleased for you and your husband,
Hugs, Toothfairy x :cheers2: :yes!:
 
Good morning lavender,
I am so happy your husband's kidney's are doing well :) I have cysts on my kidneys ( not poly-cystic ) my kidney's
Function well, but just have cysts. No one knows why. I have them aspirated once every 2 yrs. last time I lost
4 lbs :shocked: it is my secret weight loss program :heehee:
I will say a :angel: his colon test comes back normal.
I am so happy you have been posting...the folks her are so comforting. :console2:
Good thoughts & hugs coming your way,
Diana....June sunbeams :SUNsmile:
 
Hi@Roger Yes the news of my husbands tests was very nice felt like a great weight was lifted. Neither my husband or I have been sleeping well and this was the best. I hope you are doing well and it is so nice that you had some enjoyment with your time sailing and so nice you were at the American cup things are really starting to look up and so nice they are getting easier. Hope you have a wonderful week and you have really done a great job have done so very well. Thanks for your support Roger Holly
 
Hi@toothfairy It was really nice to get the news yesterday and how much more relaxed we are today. our doctor left us a few years ago moved and we were without a family doctor for 4 years. Now my husband has 4 and then the one for the colonoscopy. We are very fortunate they are all caring and so very thorough with all of the things they do. I felt nice yesterday when we were at his appointment they really care and when he told my husband that the results were good he smiled and said he was happy to be able to bring him good news. I think this might be the start of things going better seemed that things were going fine for my husband and me and hospital visits were usually to take my parents for their stuff but then it happened and now looking better . Thanks toothfairy have meant to ask how you are doing with your new knee. You have a wonderful outlook and hope all is ok. Thanks so much for your support wishing you all of the best Holly
 
Hi@Diana Nice to hear from you and how is your leg doing hope you are not having pain now. I am happy to hear your kidneys are doing ok they seem to have a very important part in the way our bodies work. My husband is looking so much much more relaxed today and nice to have one more thing off of the worries. I hope you have a wonderful week and may things just keep getting easier and better. Wishing you a great week Diana Holly:kittykiss:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom