Guest viewing is limited

TKR Late Bloomer<

Yes, actually some countries have adopted the American Black Friday sales, but as I hear there are not the huge crowds nor the deep discounts we have here in America....at least not yet!
 
Thanks, Jamie!
Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
 
Last edited by a moderator:
but as I hear there are not the huge crowds nor the deep discounts we have here in America....at least not yet!
I don't know - we're getting that way!

[Bonesmart.org] Late Bloomer<
 
Haven't done that shopping madness for a long long time.. Amazon is so nice.. its like a present to me on the doorstep even if its someone else's present.
I probably could do BF at this point ( 7 weeks) but why bother? I'd rather go for a walk in the woods.
 
I totally agree! I love nature. And walking is so good for the knees. I increased my extension just by walking! I bought a Fitbit to encourage me to walk more.
 
Well today I celebrated my 55 b.d. and I am so hoping a yr from now I can say yes, this was totally worth the time, and set backs that this recovery required. I remember last yr, thinking about how at this yr at this time my knee would be replaced. In hind sight I know now I was no where near prepared for what I've endured so far. But like so many things in life, this has been a learning and growing experience, I know now I am stronger than I would have ever believed I could be and I have the spunk to stand up for myself when I felt I was wronged. Don't feel nearly as informed prior to or after surgery as I should have been, just don't think it's provided. Would I have it done again even tho there's been setbacks .......I would do it again.
Not to long ago I wrote about how my best friend had her knee replaced and was so much further a head of me in the recovery process, and as much as I was happy for her a part of me was also jealous as my own recovery hadn't been as uneventful and smooth as her's.
Well she stopped in today for my b.d and even tho I am probably between 6-8 wks ahead of her, for the most part I feel right now where in the same recovery ballpark time line, instead of the weeks of surgeries time difference, I feel know I am right in step to where she's at in her recovery process. So I know to a certain extent, I've had a setback, but at this pt and time I feel I'm moving ahead and progressing nicely. I can go up steps well, and she could go down steps well, were both having some swelling and stiffness, I'm icing yet, she's not. So here's a toast to a 1/2 yr that's been tough, but looking ahead to a time to say all is well and worth it. To all of you out there let's hang tough and learn from our mistakes and growth together and to share our experiences.
 
Nice summary, zzevi. I really admire your strength, courage and positive attitude considering all you've been through. Congratulations and a very Happy Birthday!:flwrysmile:
 
You're absolutely right, @zzevi , I felt that everything I went through and learned made me stronger. I'm sure if you think back to a year ago your knee was more painful than it us now. So you are ahead of the game. My BFF had a TKR a year before me, but she needs a revision, has never been painfree and has terrible ROM. We laugh about how we never imagined ended up like this!
 
Happy Birthday! And may the rest of your year be knee pain-free! You had a wonderful report and it sounds like your recovery is going well!
 
Happy Birthday! (Sorry it's a day late). You are still progressing forward. I know it's not as fast as you wanted it to bug you keep making strides to a happy knee in the coming new year.
 
In old age I developed a new love. Its called noticing.. I can wander the woods. Camera in hand.. the knee is easily totally ignored. Before surgery that was how I got out too.. And was my alibi for being a laggard!

Tailor your noticing walk to terrain you are comfortable with.
 
What a wonderful idea. I like geocaching. That gets out in nature, too, and you're too busy watching your GPS to think about your knee! Just watch for holes and tree roots and so forth.
 
For those of you early on in your knee replacement recovery, don't let P/T and surgeons dampen your spirits with talk of needed MUA early on.
I see so many postings of people that are 3 wks out and p/t or there surgeons say they need to be here on the ROM chart.
I found during my recovery this news, and consist talk of MUA stressful. There were a few times I came home so upset, I am surprised I didn't get in a accident.
I dreaded any set back and to me MUA is a set back, your starting over in your recovery process.
Some people maybe do need this, but with so much talk in the forum from people saying it was brought up to them early on when swelling was such a big factor preventing bending. It breaks my heart, makes me angry also because as a recovering patient myself, I know all to well how much time I spent worrying about if I should have it done or not. I know we probably can't change the health care field, but we can and should stand up for ourselves. Because once we speak our mind, and take charge of our recovery process, we can put those demons to rest. Please all of you that read this, go with what you feel, if you feel that in time your going to make it, that your recovering without setback caused by other issues go with YOUR gut feelings. I think our bodies know if we truly need something or not, I never felt that I needed a MUA, but I do feel I was force feed that thought most of my weeks of p/t. Time is one of our biggest recovery tool we have, along with icing, elevating and rest.
 
You're so right, zzevi. We frequently advise people to "listen to your body." When people really get in tune with how they feel, their body will let them know when they need to rest, when it's time to push a little, when to start weaning off pain meds....all that stuff. So many times folks are just in such a hurry or they are being pushed by others that they don't take time to really "feel" their recovery journey. You've got it, my friend! You're going to do just great!
 
I agree with @zzevi. As long as you let your knee heal and treat it like the infant it is, then you'll do fine. In 11 knee surgeries I never did PT. Just used my knee in my everyday life. I am doing wonderfully today on my 6 month anniversary! You will too if you don't keep your knee inflamed by hurting it with PT. Be very gentle with it and it will serve you greatly.
 
I dreaded any set back and to me MUA is a set back, your starting over in your recovery process.
Some people maybe do need this, but with so much talk in the forum from people saying it was brought up to them early on when swelling was such a big factor preventing bending. It breaks my heart, makes me angry also because as a recovering patient myself, I know all to well how much time I spent worrying about if I should have it done or not. I know we probably can't change the health care field, but we can and should stand up for ourselves.
I'm with you all the way, @zzevi . It makes me angry, too, when I read of people being scared, worried and threatened with the prospect of an MUA.
Most of the time, it's just a ploy of the PTs, in the mistaken belief that you need to work hard to achieve ROM.
It's bullying and it's unkind and I really wish they wouldn't do it.
 
@newlybionic yes, I am finally figuring things out, but I was slow at getting it figured out. If I can just help someone else not struggle with the worries and anxiety put on us by people who are out to help us, I've made a difference.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom