TKR Late Bloomer<

@Celle still wondering are MUA ever done when your ROM is 90+. I know 90 is a iffy area of yes maybe you would have one, but at 100 or more would a person have one?
Some topics perk my interest and this was one that I was wondering about.

Usually not done once you reach 90, but in some cases it is done. It might be worth discussing it with your surgeon.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Celle was just wondering I am fine and have no intentions of having a MUA. Thanks for your reply.

Glad you are avoiding yet another procedure after all that waiting for your wound to heal.

OH yes, no more surgeries wanted for the next little while especially anything with the knee. I had just seen someone else's post talking about MUA after ROM of 100, I just thought if you made it to 90 it was kind of iffy to have one, but at 100 I guess I figured that MUA wouldn't be needed that extra ROM would just come in time. I was just questioning if people that have ROM of 100 or slightly more ever go for MUA's.
For the most part I am actually where I can say I am satisfied. Still moving forward additional ROM and doing steps and such. ( and kind of hoping my right knee never goes bad........lol)

I am right there with you girl. I don't ever want to have another one of these. One is enough!

Have a new issue, I am having a groin pain or kind of like a cramp on my left side, that is the side of my tkr was wondering if my pain could be caused from walking differently or something to do with my ltkr.
Or I guess I could be coming down with something as my body as a whole is very achy today, starting to wonder if I also have the start of RA. This groin cramp has been going on for a bit. Anyone else have any issues, or people who do have RA what were your first symptoms. Just noticing lately a lot of aches and pains that seem to be present daily.

Yes, here goes ....

Tell me the site of your pain using this chart

referesrs.jpg
A hips outline.jpg

@Josephine I believe this would be the answer V R3F
Hope that info is helpful, also I had a ongoing cough most of the winter, could it be a pulled muscle sometimes I feel a little pain on the rt side straight across, but the left side is what is there most of the time right now.

Also what is a hip graft?

The chiropractor did say at my adjustment today there is a difference in my leg length, he recommended getting a heel lift for my shoe which I did pick up today to try.

Thanks for your help.

Also my past 2 adjustment since I've been dealing with the aches and pains, my right knee has been out of adjustment and needed to be adjusted. The chiropractor asked me if my rt knee was also bad, I answered no, I've had no problems with my rt knee, really believe what brought on my left knee issue was trauma from injuries to the knee over the yrs. Just thought it was kind of strange that my right knee has now needed adjustment.

Also what is a hip graft?
Marian meant graph or chart. I had inadvertently left the knee chart for you!
could it be a pulled muscle? Sometimes I feel a little pain on the rt side straight across, but the left side is what is there most of the time right now.
Left side? But you cited the right side.

zevvi.jpg

The chiropractor did say at my adjustment today there is a difference in my leg length, he recommended getting a heel lift for my shoe which I did pick up today to try.
And has it eased this pain?

@Josephine this is all a left leg issue the pain mostly is in the left groin area. Sorry if I marked the chart wrong it's that area on the left side.

@Josephine I thought the heel lift worked ok, overall. It didn't seem to bother me, I will continue over the next few days to see how it feels. I figure 1 day isn't a good trial for it.

Actually you're quite right about that. Do try it and see how it goes.
I think about a week to 10 days would be a good time frame.

I hope the lift solves your problem. Let us know how it goes.

zzevi:
I have many severe cramps, some in the groin area. Most likely mine are caused by dehydration. I mean screaming, uncontrollable cramping, always after drifting off to sleep. Legs,calves, groin, behind the knees, ankles, feet, and sometimes stomach, ribs and fingers. Some of the problems have been lifelong, but most since my surgeries. I have tried EVERYTHING! What works best is drinking much water, drinking dill pickle juice, be careful if you have HBP, and heat, either from a very hot handheld shower, or a heating pad. Hope this helps. I know the science behind these tips but it would take too long to explain. Please trust me on this.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

@34120 thank you for that advice. It's a real possibility as I am not a good water drinker. I'm working on increasing my water consumption. Taking a good multi vitamin, probiotics, and restated taking a high dose of Vitamin D as my levels have been extremely low before. Just so stiff and achy lately. Also trying to get more exercise. Now waiting to see if it helps

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
tibiaplateauaft
Recent bookmarks
Back