TKR Knit2tog's Journey to Better Knees

I had my 6 week appointment with my OS today. You better believe I was doing some heel slides before getting called back. I wanted the knee warmed up to show my best bend. The X-rays looked interesting and it was strange to see the replacement instead of bone. It had me thinking of a Cybermen (if you are a Doctor Who fan, you'll understand). I definitely have an upgraded knee. :heehee: He saw I arrived without a cane and had me show my flexion and extension. He was happy with my progress. I am cleared to drive which will make my family happy. I asked about how much more PT he felt would be beneficial. He said that he would have no problem with me stopping and continuing on my own at home. Yippee! Tomorrow will be my last session. I will take it from here. I've got this! :yes!:
 
Congrats ! Nice to be free to manage your recovery "officially" !


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
CoNgRaTuLaTiOnS!!! You've *arrived*! :flwrysmile: I know you are a one, extremely happy camper and I am jumping for joy with you!:dancy:
 
Yes!!! Exciting news!! I'm so happy for you, getting on toward that "normal" feels good doesn't it!! Please stay connected with us! I can't remember if you are going back to work if you are a lucky early retire. Celebrate!:wowspring::happydance::spin:
 
Yippee, freedom! Driving alone is at first really scary, but soon it will come back naturally. I suggest you get someone to go with you the first time and go to an empty parking lot. You have to be quick enough to do an emergency stop. I was a little over 7 weeks before I felt well and secure enough to drive alone. Fantastic to have gained that right to drive again.
 
Congratulations @knit2tog! What a great report. Isn't it funny how we are so nervous about "performing" in front of the OS - like band or theatre or cheerleader tryouts in high school. I suppose it is because we want to be "cleared" to resume our lives, in our own way, without excessive follow-up appts, PT. etc. Enjoy the freedom that comes with driving. Woot Woot! :loveshwr: As you said "You Got This!!
 
I will definitely keep connected on here. My journey has a long way to go and I need checked check in and see how everyone else is doing. Cheering others on is a part of my recovery.

I drove to PT and back with no problems. I had my daughter with me just in case. I had a chance to test my reflexes when a neighbor's dog ran in front of the car. So many of my neighbors with dogs don't have fences and they just let their dogs out without a leash. It drives me crazy. I couldn't let my fur babies do that. The dog was ok and I am ok too. Today was a good day.:flwrysmile:
 
A review of week 7 brought the ability to drive! I have loved getting my freedom back and not having to rely on others to take me places. I have even driven them around a tiny bit. :yes: The OS was happy with my ROM and gave me the all clear to stop PT. I am beyond thrilled about that. Good moments vastly out number bad moments and I continue to focus on the good for my mental health. I still have a lot of swelling based on looking down at my knees. Elevation and icing still are the name of the game whenever possible. I am picking up more of the household duties I once was in charge of with no ill effects. I go slowly, do things in stages and they get done. Overall, I am content with where I am at and look forward to continued progress. :curtsey:
 
Yea for you! What a good report. I'm not sure when we stop elevating and icing! Not anytime soon for me. I understand the feeling of feeling or being useful around the house. I actually cleaned my DH bathroom today and even ran the vacuum. That was a baby step. Maybe I will conquer mine tomorrow. It does feel good to do something "normal".

What time zone are you in? I notice you post a lot late night and was trying to decide if you are a night owl or just a real Western Zone. I have no excuse for this late nite craziness tonight. Just chalk it up to my knees just didn't want to go to sleep!:tiredwheel:
 
Prize winning week 6+7 report, knit2tog ! A little bit stressy getting the reaction time tested right off the bat but at least you know that you are really fit to drive!
 
That's a great report! It's so freeing when you can finally drive. You feel somewhat normal and in control again.

And to be released, that's awesome.
 
Wow, what a fabulous report @knit2tog! You are positively glowing and rightfully so.:happydance: Isn't it ironic how much we enjoy doing a few mundane tasks? And getting released from PT? Priceless!:cheers:
 
You are back in the driver's seat! Fantastic! And who would have thought that we'd enjoy getting our cleaning duties back! But, yes, it's a sign of our healing! How wonderfully you are healing!
 
Hi @knit2tog, I came looking for you tonight. All of a sudden I realized that I haven't seen you on lately. I've missed your late night postings. Let us know how you are!
 
Back
Top Bottom