Guest viewing is limited

MUA knee so stiff<<

Do you think you should check in with his doctor just to be safe? Nearly falling, dizzy and confused sounds troubling...Better to be safe, than sorry.
@bland9
 
I agree that this is not the medication for him. You do need to let the doctor know what happened when he took it. Please give the office a call. And, watch to be sure the symptoms you’re describing disappear once he’s off the medication. He should improve within 24 hours. If not, and he’s still dizzy and confused, you may need a trip to the Emergency Room.
 
Me and my OH have very little trust in Doctors they have failed my OH so many times - I feel guilty I should have done some research before asking him to take them- In the past my OH had serious complications Taking Nsaids which nearly killed him - Another failed GP not checking his medical history- trouble is my OH have great difficulties in explaining things due to dementia- I unfortunately cannot attend appointments with him due heart problems-which frustrate me and no good sending information because it dont get added to his notes
 
This is a bad situation for you. I’m so sorry. I hope he does start feeling better. You were right to question the idea of him taking NSAIDs since he had such a serious incident with them before. Please try not to feel guilty. You’re doing the best you can in a very difficult situation. Bless you for being such a good partner to your dear hubby.
 
I'm sorry you've taken on the burden of guilt. It seems you're trying your hardest. It is understandable why you've lost trust, but unfortunately physicians do miss things. Since it sounds like you both need health care, please don't give up on the medical profession, since doing so can put you at risk, but instead, routinely checking to make sure they have the right information, especially if you've relayed something. I don't see any reason why you can't double check to make certain it was added to your, or your OH's chart. Sadly it's more work, but likely worthwhile.

We are the best advocates for our own health and it's understandable if you're unable to attend appointments with your OH, possibly there's a friend or family member that can step in?
I hope you both have a pleasant weekend.
@bland9
 
Today Oh going to have a telephone consultation - in which I will be speaking to him with Oh just saying yes /No - consultant from Medefer, never heard of them before . but Oh waited over a year just to receive phone call, I not expecting too much but have to wait and see
 
I hope it'll be a successful conversation. Let us know how it goes.
 
Just now finished phone call from consultant ask everything about OH knee - explain all and consultant ask what we wanted to do and we said something had to be done , again all he going to do is pass thee info to another consultant to see what to do next :tiredwheel:, though annoyed about last consultant stated OH was not keen about having knee redone that's was a lie it was him whom stated he could not do anything apart from how he F and blinded about OH state of knee and that he could lose his leg etc, so we wait until we hear from another consultant
 
So sorry that you aren't getting any answers.
 
I am sorry you're feeling unheard, or mislead. I hope that the next appointment goes well and you make some headway toward resolving the issue. Best Wishes!
@bland9
 
Has mentioned previously OH and I spoke to Medefer Consultant over the phone has OH been waiting over a year for an appointment to see a surgeon at our local hospital , The Medefer Consultant listened to our problems and said he get back to us and guess what he did to say he put on the waiting list to see another consultant , so another year wait? - our NHS is such a joke now . .
 
Wow….I have no words for this. I am so very sorry you continue to be passed around to people who cannot or will not address your husband’s situation. I know you know this, but no matter how frustrating, you need to keep talking to people. At some point there might finally be someone willing to help.
 
It has to be incredibly frustrating to hope you may be getting somewhere, only to be told you need to wait again. I'm sorry for his discomfort and pain. Hopefully the wait isn't long and he soon gets the attention he needs.
@bland9
 
OH off to see the same surgeon who swore about his knee for another revision review in March - though my OH not sure he wants it done he say he very scared he might not make though another surgery and he lived with chronic pain now for 6 years now -so not sure what to do now
 
I hope the meeting is productive for you and you get the information you need to make a decision regarding a revision. It can be a difficult choice when a person has been through as much as your husband has. But the sad fact is that things are unlikely to improve without doing something like this. There are never any guarantees, but at least it may offer an option to improve things. I’m praying for you both. Please let us know how things go.
 
Reading on the IAA site their is not one who had successful outcome on Revision due to Arthrofibrosis = like to read on here if anyone has Had a successful revision due to arthrofibrosis
 
I'm like you, I like to research and find out all of the information that I can about a procedure. What I've found I need to keep in mind when doing that is that usually, now that's usually, only people whom are unhappy complain about a procedure / outcome. Those folks for whom it went well have, for the lack of a better explanation, have moved on. They don't come brag about how well they are doing, which is a shame.

So to to keep an open mind when doing your research, as I'm certain you've been doing.
 
Also I am very concerned about the Consultant OH seeing - he the one who used the F word when my OH had his knee scoped to determined the severity of his scar tissue - did not bothered to see my husband face to face but just used the f word has he walk up the hospital corridor and also said not seen a knee like it before = followed up weeks later to say it more likely he will lose his leg if he went ahead with another TKR. not a nice consultant - thinking about consulting OUr GP to see ifv we see another Consultant if it mean waiting on list again so be it
 

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom