Guest viewing is limited

MUA knee so stiff<<

Oh my…..I definitely think you may benefit from seeing a different consultant. That behavior was certainly uncalled for and I would hate to see it repeated. I can understand that the surgeon might not have seen a problem like your husband has, but to present the situation to you both in that manner was very unprofessional and I’m sure has caused you much anguish. You deserve better. Good luck to you and please let us know how things go.
 
I’m so sorry that you’re going through all this, and have been for so long.
 
The Consultant, using profanity is so unprofessional and frankly unbelievable! I do think you should consider speaking with your GP to see if they're able to refer you to another consultant. I'd want someone with a more positive outlook than one making extreme statements like the threat of limb loss. :sad:
Best wishes...please keep us posted.
@bland9
 
Thankyou for all the kind thoughts about my OH:friends: - I am going to contact PALS and see if they can sort another Consultant in the Hospital, someone more in tune with Arthrofibrosis
 
That sounds like a great plan. Good luck!!! Hang in there. You’ve continued to be such a wonderful supporter of your dear husband through all of this.
 
Contact Pals and now waiting for reply to see if he can see another consultant , though he has got another Xray to Knee for the umpteen time - though its no go to show Arthrofibrosis but it keeps the his records up to date - the consultant can say how wonderful the implant looks like:rotfl:
 
I know that's extremely frustrating. Hang in there! You are a wonderful wife!
 
Well, it appears you can still laugh over the frustration of it all. I'm sorry you two have to endure this.
I wish you luck in your search. Fingers crossed. :fingersx:
@bland 9
 
contacted PALS a few times now or more like I keep chasing them for a reply ,they stated they sent an email to whoever but not received a reply yet= should see the rude consultant on the 16th March if we don't received a reply by Friday then we will not bother my OH say he will put up with it rather then see the consultant. we got an Xray book for tomorrow in which we will still attend in case something happen in future and at least they got an up to date Xray
 
Last edited:
With any luck you'll receive a reply by Friday and the x-ray will go well today. You and hubs need a break. I hope you're able to find some reliable care and good advice for next steps.
@bland9
 
PALs contacted myself today and stated OH should keep the appointment with Consultant but they will send in someone to act like a chaperone during consultation has I'm unable to attend. OH feeling very anxious about the whole appointment, the trouble is the consultant will state what he said on OH last appointment . asked why OH cannot see anyone else is that the Consultant he seeing is the only one available at the NNUH to see him. guess will see how OH feels tomorrow before deciding what to do
 
I hope he decides to go to demonstrate that he has the will to try and get better. Canceling appointments (even if they end up being pointless) tends to indicate the person doesn’t care and it might impact any future efforts you make. It will help if your husband can make a point with the Consultant and the “chaperone” that he feels he’s been brushed off in the past. Also, you might have him ask if you could be in the consultation via phone in case there is information you need to provide or any questions or concerns you might want to bring up.
 
Oh my….I’m so sorry. Perhaps your GP can help you get him back on the list for an appointment soon. I know this is so frustrating for you. My heart goes out to you both.
 
I was just thinking about you and wondering how you both were doing. I do understand your situation very well as my DH has dementia. They have good days and not so good days. I wish there was something I could do to help you.
 
I am sorry your husband's struggles cost him an appointment. It doesn't seem fair. Hopefully you were able to re-schedule and it's not too far off. :fingersx: I wish you each peace and comfort. :console2:
@bland9
 
Surprise Surprise I had a moan to Pals about my OH and now suddenly we got another appointment next week with a consultant who specialise in Knee revisions and plus we off for another Xray this weekend ready for the consultant to see again
 
Hooray!! That just proves the squeaky wheel always gets the grease. I’m so happy to hear your good fortune. And bless you for being such a good advocate for your husband. I hope to hear that things went well with this new appointment.
 
Ih such good news. Now to see what you find out.
 

Members online

Back
Top Bottom