Guest viewing is limited

MUA knee so stiff<<

What a wonderful surprise, bland! Such great news.
Best wishes for the x-ray this weekend and for the appointment next week also. Let us know how it goes.
@bland9
 
We hope so too! :fingersx:
Best of luck to you. Let us know how it goes.
@bland9
 
We saw the a very consultant - but not the outcome we hope for he stated which was due to my husband health conditions =he will not survive another op for Knee replacement and he best to see more pain management but he will have a meeting with those above him to see what they recommend but it seems this will be the same has he have stated that it will not be a good outcome and be refused - it upset husband has he stated he felt tearful about his future-= so it seems like he will have to put up it- now fearful that if my OH has a bad fall or other health condition that need a op - it could be it for him
 
I'm sorry that you both are facing something so hard, bland9. :console2:
It sounds like the medical professionals are trying to protect him, understandably, by avoiding a surgery his body can't handle. Pain management will hopefully keep him as comfortable as possible, also stable and mobile. :fingersx:
Try to take it one step at a time.
Wishing him the best and you patience as his loving caregiver. Keep us posted.
@bland9
 
I am sorry about the unexpected news from your meeting with this consultant. But I agree with Layla that it’s better that the surgeon was honest with you about how your husband’s medical condition could impact any additional surgery. I hope that some additional meetings with pain management specialists will provide some additional relief for him.

This will undoubtedly be harder on you as the caregiver. Have you looked into getting some assistance for him? Usually there are a lot of resources available to apply for that can range from assistive devices to home renovations, all the way to assisted living facilities where you both could live. At a minimum, maybe having some devices that an occupational therapist could recommend or a little in-home care could make things easier for both of you.
 
Oh that’s so disappointing for you both, and hard to hear.
The Community OT sounds like a great plan to try to ease at home management.
I found and copied this phone number for you, hope it helps.
Norfolk County Council Occupational Therapy: Focuses on staying independent at home, equipment, and adaptations. Call 03448 008 020.
 
Oh dear, that is what my mother would have called a gut punch. I'm so sorry it wasn't the news you'd hoped to hear. It's difficult, I totally understand that.

Try to regroup and see what services you can take advantages of using. Ask questions and surely you'll find the right tools to help you both manage better.
 
What a terrible disappointment for the two of you. I also agree that it's best to be told the truth and not take any chances with another surgery.
 
many thanks for all the kindness shown -its much appreciated. the consultant is phoning us at home in June but its seems it just to confirm that all has been done and that OH will be handed to more pain management and pain control, we ok with that-
 
I understand this wasn't the outcome you hoped for. I wish you two peace, strength and I hope your husband finds a treatment plan that allows for more good days than bad. Take care...both of you! :)
@bland9
 
Please stay in touch here. Your BoneSmart family has been with you through all these challenges and we will always want to know how you are doing. You are such a wonderful caregiver and advocate for your dear husband. He’s lucky to have you.
 
Sad to notice that when my OH walking for even a small distance he drags his legs and ask why he said that they feel very heavy and painful=guess will ask the surgeon who again going to phone just to let me know what the long term help which may happen- for a start a wheel chair is a starter for taking him out
 
I'm sorry. Hopefully you're able to talk to the surgeon soon. If using a wheel chair will help your husband be more comfortable, allowing him to get outdoors, hopefully you'll both be happier knowing he's in less pain.
Keep us posted.
@bland9
 
OH Just had final follow up with Consultant and he stated had a meeting with his seniors and they all said they unable to do anymore for him and now redirected to a non surgical team to see if they can help in any way= I now asking for GP for a wheelchair assessment
 
Sorry to hear your OH is having continued challenges, hope he is able to obtain a wheelchair for mobility.
 
He has now been through 3 consultant and a professor consultant and all said the same , so WE tried but no where else to go so we have to accept its the end of the road= so thankyou to all who gave their advice and help its been so supportive
 
I am so sorry to read this, you both have been through so much. :console2:
 
I’m so very sorry to read this, the human body is amazing until it isn’t. What a time you’ve had with it all.
Please push the GP for occupational therapy assessments as they’re key to providing all necessary adaptations, rails, slopes, wheelchairs, handles, and so on. Your GP should signpost you to Community OT services, however I’ll post the number again for you. They can help make a huge difference to your husband’s quality of life, which I hope will also help you.
Norfolk County Council Occupational Therapy: Focuses on staying independent at home, equipment, and adaptations. Call 03448 008 020.
Thinking of you and please do let us know how you get on.
 

Members online

Back
Top Bottom