Guest viewing is limited

MUA knee so stiff<<

Where is the surgeon that you’re planning on seeing this time located? Was this doctor recommended by someone?
 
My OH has not much of a choice whom he can see and he cannot travel far ( Norwich nnuh ) without carers /support - unless he pay for it but we cannot afford that- we had such a job even to get another appointment being push to pillar and post having to go back to Doctors -refer to pain management and then to psychotherapists ( goodness knows how many physiotherapist ) we seen and then referred to hospital by the physio who cannot do anything with his knee- told by other previous surgeons they are reluctant to redo his knee because of the arthrofibrosis is very severe and the likely hood it will return even been told by one surgeon Mr Mann NNUH he could lose his leg - his knee is feel like concrete plus he unable to straighten or bend it - and is very painful and stiff unable to lift it up- cannot walk anywhere without crutches /wheelchair- multi falls.
 
I’m so sorry that there doesn’t seem to be much help for you and your husband. You certainly have tried hard. :console2:
 
I’m so sorry for all you and your husband have been through. Please be sure to use a wheelchair as much as possible so as not to aggravate his knees or risk a fall….even in the house if space allows.
 
You and your husband have certainly been through the ropes. It is disheartening to read of such a bad outcome. He is still in my prayers. You have been a wonderful advocate for him.
 
enquired about wait times to see a consultant at hospital for my OH -nearly a year wait and the government say its reducing wait times - its increasing in my eyes ?
 
So sorry to hear this. It certainly does seem like things are worse, doesn’t it. A whole year? That’s just awful.
 
Poor OH his hip looks has it on the way out too - he complaining its very painful and unable to put weight on it- but whats the point seeing the GP/ hospital-they will tell him "we give him an appointment next year " :rotfl::headbang:
 
Makes sense to get an appointment for next year, now, rather than wait until the pain is unbearably miserable and he's barely mobile to begin the long wait time. Make that appointment.
Have a nice weekend.
@bland9
 
A wait time to get an appointment of a year is just something I can't wrap my head around. I'm sorry that is how it is. But since you know the length of the wait time, why not get on the list now? If perchance the appointment isn't needed in a year, I'm certain someone else will be glad to take it.
 
The trouble is he been suffering with both His replaced knees and has been pushed to pillar ad post several times at one point the surgeon was swearing and shouting to the nurse has he walk up the corridor about how bad his knees where and could not be bothered to see him and tell him ad another in patient op they forgot about him so we have to ask a cleaner if he can go home plus- not even a report to the GP plus other horrific experiences he endured and later at another post told my OH there's a good chance he will lose his leg and on top of his memory confusion they cannot be bothered - WE/ he lost all hope with the NHS.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Have you tried contacting PALS? The patient liaison service is there to help NHS patients and there is a complaint process too. See picture.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] knee so stiff<<
    IMG_4007.webp
    72.9 KB · Views: 43
That is a good suggestion of @Legseleven
PALS ( patient liaison) should be able to help and provide an advocacy service.
 
My OH talks about severe pain in his left leg years after the left leg KR and now tightness/ tingling in toes - he can hardly bare weight on it now - he mention its a tourniquet pain - real tightness on top of leg he states - even when resting he have to get up from sitting/laying because of the pain- and try to walk it off - I feel real sadness he experience such pain now in both legs- I wish he never had them done - and this is suppose to be his better leg. how he put up with it I will never now . Just wanted to let off steam -
 
I am so sorry to read about how much pain your husband is in.
 
Doctor has prescribed Naproxen 500mg for my OH due to chronic knee pain he also takes Lansoprazole for past stomach ulcers- but reading other people reviews they say its a bad medication to take he been on co-codamol but not working anymore - I'm reluctant for him to take them" Naproxen " until I feel reassured by others whom either takes them our have taken them- any views about this medication on here will be appreciated
 
I was prescribed lansoprazole to take as long as I was on an NSAID (6 weeks) following each of my surgeries. However, I've never had stomach ulcers, so I don't know if that is helpful.

I assume the prescribing doctor knows your husband's history and medications?
 
The thing to watch would be the signs of any stomach problems - blood in the stool, stomach or abdominal discomfort, elevated blood pressure, fluid retention are just some of the things to watch for. Since he has had stomach ulcers, have a conversation with his GP about his specific situation and whether or not this is an appropriate medication to help his pain. It can be a very good medication, but does have some risks associated with long term use (more than 10 days at a time).
 
The thing to watch would be the signs of any stomach problems - blood in the stool, stomach or abdominal discomfort, elevated blood pressure, fluid retention are just some of the things to watch for. Since he has had stomach ulcers, have a conversation with his GP about his specific situation and whether or not this is an appropriate medication to help his pain. It can be a very good medication, but does have some risks associated with long term use (more than 10 days at a time).
Thankyou for advice = we thought we give it a try this morning - :wow: within the morning he nearly fell over several times I believe due to this medication hes extremely dizzy - very confused = that's it I not going to let him take anymore= he did also say it did nothing for his pain
 

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom