knee#2
member
@bland9 Is the knifelike pain in middle of knee when you try to tighten or push knee cap down and or straighten/ extend? Or when you just try walking? Do you still have swelling and pain trying to straighten or push down like pt told you early after surgery due to continued swelling. I know exactly (as well as all members here) how that feels. Even my family was encouraging me to do this for minutes at a time the second week. Hurt like
. I didn’t discovered bonesmart until almost the fourth week of my recovery. I should’ve been elevating and icing all day instead of just accepting the far and few ice packs ( which were kept under lock and key)
offered by the “skilled home facility”all along instead of worrying about a different PT every time. I would just advise you to go slowly and steadily trying very gently increasing your ROM over next few days or weeks. Try not to stress too much.
. I didn’t discovered bonesmart until almost the fourth week of my recovery. I should’ve been elevating and icing all day instead of just accepting the far and few ice packs ( which were kept under lock and key)offered by the “skilled home facility”all along instead of worrying about a different PT every time. I would just advise you to go slowly and steadily trying very gently increasing your ROM over next few days or weeks. Try not to stress too much.
United States
. trying to loosen up all the tendons and muscles and see how that goes
moment. may seems and sound silly but "I have just walked up 5 steps on the stairs without holding on to the handrail and using my op leg going first without pain a little wobbly but ok . really took some will though but Im pleased with that.

You’re doing great! I haven’t gone upstairs w/out using handrail yet, that takes strength and good bend.. Celebrate that victory! 