The MUA has disrupted a lot of things inside your leg, and yes, it will take time for it to settle down.
Don’t force your bend or extension and don’t let any PT force it either. That will hinder healing.
It’s not exercising that gets our range of motion back, it’s Time:
Time to recover.
Time for pain and swelling to settle.
Time to heal.
Our range of motion is right there all
along just waiting for that to happen so it can show itself.
In the general run of things, it doesn't need to be fought for, worked hard for or worried about. It will happen. Exercise as in strength training is counter-productive and in the early weeks does more harm than good. Normal activity is the key to success.
Don’t force your bend or extension and don’t let any PT force it either. That will hinder healing.
It’s not exercising that gets our range of motion back, it’s Time:
Time to recover.
Time for pain and swelling to settle.
Time to heal.
Our range of motion is right there all
along just waiting for that to happen so it can show itself.
In the general run of things, it doesn't need to be fought for, worked hard for or worried about. It will happen. Exercise as in strength training is counter-productive and in the early weeks does more harm than good. Normal activity is the key to success.
United States

Izzy xx
- After MUA I really wish I could say I felt any difference, just unbelievable pain like before has could not straighten leg -has for rom was really not concerned about this to much . Its this SORENESS around knee and SHARP KNIFE like pain on the medial side and is felt in every step and exercise I take and that has restricted any light PT so cannot say I have over done it at any time - -this continued issues I had felt just after OP and has continued and still is very present- this I do know is not normal. so now I trying anything I can and just today I received my pedal cycle which I very much enjoy doing -so early days