Revision TKR Knee replacement is not nice to me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coachie,

This sounds really promising. :thumb:

So Mr Walsh just had to replace the patella and nothing else? That sounds like a much simpler operation than a full revision - the femoral and tibial components were all left in place?

I hope this means that you will have a more speedy recovery - you really do deserve a break, you've been such a trooper.
 
Congratulations on hopefully getting to the end of this nightmare.
Best of luck to you in recovery.
Keep us posted. Looking forward to a happy ending for you this time.
Sandy
 
It was just the patella. He told me this morning, that if he hadn't had the information from the CT Scan, he might not have caught the damage. When he pushed the knee cap from side to side, nothing happened. But then when he tapped the top, the implant dropped and he could see that it was not attached. So, he took it out and put in a new one.

He also told me that I had some abnormal bone growth in the tibial area, but that once he took care of those, he found that it was fine- as well as the femoral component.

I am feeling okay today. Pretty bad headache, but not a whole lot of pain just yet. Of course I have a femoral block in until tomorrow, so that is why there isn't a lot of pain.

PT and I took a walk down the hall this morning with just the walker. It only hurt a bit- my incision is pulling whenever I move, so that's the worst part at this time.

Thank you to all for your kind words and positive thoughts. I just spoke with the hospital Chaplain and he gave me even more encouraging thoughts, so I could make sure to be positive going into recovery.
 
Oh, I am so happy for you, Coachie! Sounds like things are going very well. May this be the beginning of an awesome recovery and return to a life full of all the things you enjoy - without the pain!
 
Yay! I'm glad the waiting part is over!!! How long are you staying at EMMC? Do you have some help at home? Have a nice, restful sleep tonight! ~Audrey~
 
I'm so glad they were able to ID the problem and fix it! Best thoughts for a very rapid recovery!
 
Yay, Coachie! Isn't good news good? It sounds like you'll be back in the game fairly quickly. I'm happy for you. :)
 
I am at EMMC, will be here until Friday. I did a lot of walking today and sat up in a chair for 45 minutes. I'm really tired tonight and kind of sore, but I'm hanging in there!
 
You're doing really well, Coachie!!! I'm so happy for you.
 
So glad that things are going well...I hope you have a smooth recovery.
Greda
 
Coachie I am so glad for you that much has been discovered and fixed. Please take care. Lots of hugs!! :wubroses:
 
Getting discharged this morning. I will be living at my sister's house for the next month or so.

Dr. W came in this morning and commented on how well I am doing, but to remember to not over-do it. He knows me well- that I tend to push things beyond the limit, so I need to pace myself. He also reminded me that in the year that we have been searching for answers, I have some severe muscle atrophy and that he wants me to work on flexion/extension first, and then muscle strength after. He said that he knows I'll do well in my recovery.

Pain has been manageable, and my swelling is huge. I don't remember my entire leg being this swollen with the other two tkrs. Ice and elevation will be my best friend for the next few weeks.
 
Coachie, your journey finding an ANSWER has been such a soap opera -- not because of you but I guess the system, and just life. How amazing that you didn't give up (although I remember numerous times when you really wanted to). And here you are, on the better side of a surgery that corrected the problem you knew was there all along. You said from day one it was the knee cap. It's a lesson to those of us who work in the field to never stray from believing the patient.

Now you have something you haven't had in a long time, and that's solid evidence that there's hope for a functional knee. How incredible is that?

Also, you have learned so much -- SO MUCH -- and taught us all so much. I think you'll be a rock star recuperating from this surgery.

I have been biking more lately, a reminder of how superior bicycling is to any other knee exercise. So things are good! Swollen but good.

Best wishes . . .
 
As Dorothy said, "There's no place like HOME"! Glad you are out of the hospital and on your way to recovering! :dancy:
 
Are you having PT come to your sister's for you? Are you able to have in-home PT, or do you have to go to the facility?
 
Coachie .... this is absolutely wonderful news! I'm so happy for you. You've been through a loooong siege with this thing and I'm glad you finally got a doctor who was able to diagnose it and take care of it for you.
Bless you .... abby
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom