Revision TKR Knee replacement is not nice to me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like your positivity!
I am so happy that you will be on your way to getting your life back.
We are prettty resiliant but a knee replacement can suck the life out of us.
Rock on!
Sandy
 
Wow.....I love the new (old) you!!! With this attitude and an upcoming surgery, you are going to rock the world, Coachie!!! Go get 'em!!!
 
You are allowed to feel your feelings...anger, grief, fear, resentment...whatever. Don't try to repress them. But, find an appropriate channel to dump them in. See a therapist.
 
Go get'em, Coachie! I'm proud of you! :yes 4:

I see Dr. K on Thursday afternoon to go over the bone scan and the tendon issues, etc. etc. etc. Will be interesting to see what he thinks now that he's got more info. I'll let 'ya know!
 
You are allowed to feel your feelings...anger, grief, fear, resentment...whatever. Don't try to repress them. But, find an appropriate channel to dump them in. See a therapist.

I'm not repressing anything and as far as I understood from what I have read and seen on this board, this IS an appropriate place to vent. I don't need to see a therapist. But gee, thanks for the advice. Next time maybe you should just scroll on by if you are going to be negative and not so nice because I don't need that in addition to everything else I am dealing with. Thanks for the negative advice though- I'll store that away for another time.
 
Coachie,

What a year for you, and for me, and for others. Now you have hope, and are getting back your old self. That is so great to hear.

We all knew there must be something wrong to fix in your case. You knew all along it was in the kneecap. What a process it's been to put together the information so that the doctors got it.

Anyhow, you're four weeks away, and I can't imagine recovery will hold a candle to what you've already been through. I feel confident that you're headed for good times.

My knee is still stiff, still a significant effusion in the joint, but rather than comparing that knee to the healthy knee I remember, I compare it to options like wheelchair, knee fusion, the 70 degree bend I was stuck at in February, etc. It's all about seeing the glass half full, isn't it?
 
I'm not repressing anything and as far as I understood from what I have read and seen on this board, this IS an appropriate place to vent.
It surely is, Coachie! That's what we are here for. No need to spend good money on a therapist! :wink1:
 
You have every right to vent, in fact it is healthy for us to get our true feelings out to each other, because only WE know what we are going through.
Heck, we all do it here.
Please try to move forward and let this roll off your back.

Pull that positive attitude back in, though as I am writing this, I am in alot of pain and am having my own meltdown (back is referring to my knee)

This recovery is very difficult for some of us, and can occasionally result in permanent life long disability.

Ignore the negative stuff you might see.

I for one, have a pity party every day, and turn to this forum to hear the vents of everyone else.
Helps to know that you are not alone.
You are a very strong person, and you will get through this.
We will be there for you all the way.
Sandy
 
Coachie,

You have every right to vent here. The rest of us are here to support you in what you are going through.

Keep us informed of how things are going any time day or night, we are always here to listen to you and support with what we can.
 
Coachie I am glad for your progress, and your new surgery is part of it! It is so strange how anyone could think they know all the "issues" or facts with just these short little posts. There is so much I do not tell and I know this has to be the same. Why should I? I know some of it is just out of the understanding of others. I am not trying to sound like a snob, but we are all very different. My life has had some real twists to it so I don't expect others to live in it. We just take this knee and do the best we can. Yes, we are the sum of all these experiences but keeping the bigger picture in mind is so important. You hang in there! Hugs... Ann
 
Good for you Coachie! :yahoo:

I am so proud of you! When you get your new knee, there will be no stopping you. :biggrin:
 
I don't want to sound too stupid, but what is a revisionist? :scratch:
Thanks, abby
5/24/11 - RTKR
 
Amberpep:
A revisionist is an Ortho who specializes in fixing TKA's that have to be re-done. Hope you never have to see one.
Sandy

Coachie:
I decided to have a complete meltdown in the Pain Doc's office yesteday. I am so embarrassed. Just cried my eyes out.
I begged them for something different for pain (even though percocet works) and was shocked when they gave me METHADONE!

So much for venting. I'll stick to the forum from now on.

Not gonna use the methadone (in low doses it is widely used for pain, I'm ashamed I didn't know that) Thought it was just for addicts.

Better off to vent here instead of out in public. BTW, I SEE a therapist. Not much help because pain is pain and it isn't in my head.
Sandy
 
I don't know if they are actually called revisionists or not, but it is the Orthopedist who is doing my revision.
 
I am all for just showing up at your doctor's office for that referral. It sounds like you really need a revisionist ASAP. I feel for you, my friend .... I know it's discouraging, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Let us know how you are doing. OK?
abby
5/24/11 - RTKR
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom