Guest viewing is limited

TKR Kelpie's First New Knee

It's always wise to ask your doctor or pharmacist before adding any medications to the present mix.
 
For info, Nytol is diphenhydramine which is also used as an anti-histamine.

I'm taking it tonight. Not only do I need some sleep but my husband does too. He wakes as soon as I stir to make sure I'm ok!
 
I agree with you Kate, Mike needs his sleep as well as me.....think I will get some tomorrow & try it. I hope you both have a peaceful good night's sleep źzzzzzzzzzzzzz
 
I didn't sleep well at night for months after my TKRs. Our solution was for me to move into the spare room, which I set up as my nest, with everything I needed, including a TV. Because I already had everything, I didn't need any help during the night. I even had my frozen gel packs in a cooler beside the bed.

That way, I didn't disturb my husband and I could watch mindless night-time TV, without stressing about not sleeping, or keeping anyone else awake. I often drifted off to sleep with the TV still going.

I caught up missed sleep with daytime naps and hubby got a full night's sleep, so he was fresh for work the next day.
 
NYTOL fine with other meds. Checked carefully with pharmacist. Sleep tight!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Well after 2 codeine and 2 Nytol I felt really sleepy. Did I sleep! No!

@Celle the spare room is the sensible option and I've suggested this to my husband but he's dismissed it point blank. At least he knows I won't mind if he feels it would help.

I know sleep issues are normal and will try not to get hung up on it. I'm fortunate in that I'm not really sleepy during the day, in spite of sleepless nights. I don't want my work affected. My project ends in Feb and I'm hoping to be migrated to a new role. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I get a good one. This is one of the reasons I returned to work early.
 
Celle we haven't got a spare room so this isn't an option for me, I am on my own in bed until 4 - 5am when OH is at night shift, This is too early for me to get up as I am back to staggered working now. Kate we will just have to battle on like good soldiers.
@sleepilu I have decided not to try Nytol as on so many other meds for other ailments & really not sure if it will help me anyway.
 
Celle we haven't got a spare room so this isn't an option for me, I am on my own in bed until 4 - 5am when OH is at night shift, This is too early for me to get up as I am back to staggered working now. Kate we will just have to battle on like good soldiers.
@sleepilu I have decided not to try Nytol as on so many other meds for other ailments & really not sure if it will help me anyway.
 
Ohhhh no. I am sorry to hear that. I will keep on doing the warming/nytol/cocodomol as long as it works. Then look for plan ..... J?!
We have slept apart since I came home. I don't want to add feeling guilty for keeping him awake to my problems. And he is too scared of kicking me to want to share the bed!
Tmi?!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I will probably try the nytol again tonight as I don't think it's doing any harm. I'm missing the tramadol as I'm waking with both knee aching but I really don't want to go back on it.

My husband suffers from restless leg syndrome. He hasn't kicked me once which is truly amazing! Mind you, I have barrage of pillows between us, just in case. We're also only married a year last September so he's still very tolerant! :snork:
 
Still very much on honeymoon then!
Incidentally, I treated a woman last year who had suffered with RLS for over 4 yrs. After just 3 acupuncture treatments, she's off her meds and doing amazingly!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
If you are waking up with your knees hurting then I don't understand why you don't take any tramadol at night. Maybe the pain is actually what is waking you up. I hope you start getting a festful nights sleep soon.
 
If you are waking up with your knees hurting then I don't understand why you don't take any tramadol at night. Maybe the pain is actually what is waking you up. I hope you start getting a festful nights sleep soon.

Thanks @newlybionic The Tramadol makes me feel horrible and, I believed, disrupted my sleep. Who knows? Perhaps it's the lesser of two evils.

@sleepilu - I think our honeymoon period ended abruptly on the 3rd of November! :secret:

I'll have to see if I can get himself to consider acu. I had RSL on an off for years but have been problem free till recently. It has returned with a vengeance! I believe it's not unusual but I could do without it right now.
 
I haven't resorted to tramadol & don't intend to I still have it in med cabinet from when GP prescribed it after I came out of hospital. I'm going to keep to the heat on muscles & ice knee as I have been doing since op.
 
It's just what they gave me on discharge. The slow release ones were useful during the day at first but I don't think they've been the best thing for me since then. Good luck tonight ladies. I'm hoping for a hat trick!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Me too @sleepilu . I took Tramadol and Nytol before bed last night and slept like a baby for the first time in weeks. I woke up when my husband got up for work at 2 am and only woke again when the alarm went off at 7.30!

I've got a slight Tramadol hangover complete with a bit of a headache and dry eyes but it was worth it!:sleep::sleep::sleep:
 
I took Tramadol and Nytol before bed last night and slept like a baby for the first time in weeks. I woke up when my husband got up for work at 2 am and only woke again when the alarm went off at 7.30!
Awesome!!! These small little victories are what we crave in our hunt for normalcy!
 
That's great news Kate. I didn't do too bad, slept 10pm until 2am then awake until 3.30 back to sleep until 6.30 I found laying on my side with ice pack around knee is good for me. I cut down on the codeine took 1, i think it makes me so thirsty at night & took 2 paracetamol, that might be the reason I was waking up so much.
 
Back
Top Bottom