TKR KathyH New Knee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking of you Kathy, will say a little prayer tomorrow. Good luck, stay calm and ................. don't lose any more weight, you must be a real skinny ribs!!!
 
They told me no deoderant for my TKR, no nothing, and I had to wash with that special soap. I think the no deodarent is because it is absorbed through the skin, whatever is in it. Good luck today!
 
Thank you Rita - a little prayer will be good. Ha ha about the weight, but I do feel so good about that. My friend came round last night and she was complaining about her weight and I told her to have a TKR and the weight will fall off :heehee:

Thank you Lisa for explaining about the deodrant and for the good wishes :thumb:
 
Kathy, just think -- tomorrow you are PERFECTING your knee, and getting to the wonderful outcome you deserve! Wishing you a smooth and comfortable process tomorrow --

Momba, aka Lynn
 
Good luck tomorrow Kathy, my prayers are with you, my dear friend!

I'm with Rita, enough with the weight loss or hubby won't find you!:scratch:
 
Good luck, Kathy. I'm sure you will be up and about in no time x
 
Nothing more to add Kathy except hope your story has a happy bending. You Take Care. x x x x:yay:
 
Kathy, thoughts and prayers across the pond to you my friend! It will go well and you will be so glad you had the MUA.

I was told the same as you, no lotion, deodorant, makeup, etc. looking at the mirror before each surgery, I was sure the doctor would be scared out of his wits when he saw the huge bags under my eyes from not sleeping and all the worrying I did beforehand!

Be well,

Dawn
 
Good luck Kathy. It is not nearly as bad as you think it might be. Once I was called back everything was boom, boom, boom. I was weighed, sent to potty, taken to my curtained area, changed into a gown, they let me keep my drawers on. Started the IV asked me 10 million questions, called hubby in then wheeled me out of the room, the doc said you will start getting sleepy and I felt a little woozy and the next thing I knew someone was asking me if I wanted a sip of sprite. 15 minutes later I was dressed, put in a wheelchair and taken to the car. We went home took a 2 1/2 hour nap and went to therapy. I used my walker the first 2 days when going out of the house. I am using my cane now. I was very sore the first few days, the kind of sore like when you over exercise not the pain like after the surgery. I am still sore where the scar tissue broke away but it is getting better. I took pain meds that day and I am taking them on therapy days. I got to 100 today in therapy on my own! I feel like that is a big step. I was only getting to 80 maybe 85 on my own before MUA. It is still going to be a lot of work for me, but everyone is different. I can feel my knee trying to bend now, where before it just wasn't going to budge. My muscles have not stretched all the way for several years and it is just going to take time. You will do great!
 
:angel: Kathy i woke up thinking ah it's Wednesday and Kathy is on her way - Im sending good wishes and big hugs - just know we're all here and hoping you can feel us holding your hand! xo
 
Kathy, we're all
[Bonesmart.org] KathyH New Knee
for you to post us, and let us know how you are. The suspense is killing us!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom