Guest viewing is limited

TKR KathyH New Knee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for your words of support Judy, Dawn and Gilda. A great source of comfort, as always :thumb:

So good to see you back Judy - we have certainly missed you.
 
Enjoy your pre-Christmas gathering Kathy! I'm so glad you didn't experience any problems from your shopping trip!:thumb:
Stay well my friend!:friends:
 
One small step for me today (well several actually :heehee:) I decided it was time to take our dog out for a walk on my own. I took one crutch with me for confidence and we both did fine. She didn't try and pull me or anything, just like I told her when we set out :heehee: I felt really good when we got back - easy peasy :thumb:
 
You are definitely on your way, Kathy.
I went Christmas shopping yesterday. I can manage quite well these days unless I try to do too much several days on the trot.
Then not only my knee but my whole body says, NO.....................................
 
Lol and yes, Marianne :)

Thanks Jess. You are doing marvellously. I did some Christmas shopping with my Mum in Cambridge last week. Again, I took one crutch for confidence. My knee held up very well. I just felt very tired when I got back home. It seems I can walk any distance for any length of time, which is a big positive - not that I've done a marathon yet :heehee:

I see my OS this Thursday, so will know know more then.
 
It can only get better did my xmas shopping today my knee held up but my wallet gave out walked all round donny market today will rest a bit now because driving down south tommorow and even 4/5 hour drive does not bother knee now .
 
Kathy, another milestone under your belt and your pooch understood and she complied to your wishes! :puppysmooze: Nice being able to get some shopping done too, great! Good luck with your OS on Thursday my friend! :friends:
 
Kathy, that is so great that you can work so far! I am not much behind you but my walking is no where near yours. Glad you were able to shop with your Mum.
 
Great to celebrate those little milestones! As you start to do the things you used to do, you will just feel better overall! Glad you had a shopping day with your Mum, I'm sure you both enjoyed it!

Good luck with the OS Thursday! Will say a little prayer for you, Dawn
 
Thats awesome Kathy!! I surprised myself today walking a bit more than normal, and was so surprised things went okay. Lets see how I feel tomorrow. LOL Keep up the good work! Anxious to hear how your appt goes on Thursday. Hugs!
 
That's very good to hear, Gail. Little improvements are always good, though they're not really that little to us, are they? Thank you, I will let you know how I get on tomorrow. I hear those words 'MUA' :heehee:

I was at our local hospital in Cambridge today all day with Ray. He had an appointment in the morning and then another one in the afternoon for something else. We were going to do some Christmas shopping inbetween the two appointments, but the first one took so long we didn't have time for that, only time for a bite to eat and drink. The second appointment ran one hour late and so we didn't leave the hospital until after 5:30 pm - having been there since 10:00 am. Boy, was I shattered.

While I sat in one of the waiting rooms, a lady came by on a frame. She was of the older generation and seemed to rely quite heavily on her frame. I wondered what was wrong with her. Well, we got chatting and she told me that she had had a knee transplant in November and I thought well, she is doing quite well. However, she said it was in November 2011. She said she uses two crutches at home and uses the frame to do her housework. I had to clarify that she was 13 months out! She said that she is currently having physio and they have told her that there is no rush to progress and that she should not be so impatient! What the hell?! I found myself explaining to her about the problem of scar tissue forming which would not help with the knee bending and she was most surprised. We weren't able to continue the conversation, as Ray came out and a nurse came to speak to her. I was just so shocked at her extremely slow progress and the advice she was given by her physiotherapists! The mind boggles :yikes:
 
Had check up at hospital this morning - and confirmed I will be having the MUA :yikes: They are going to rush me through before Christmas, which is what I wanted. So it will take place either next Wednesday or the one after. I stay in overnight and they put my leg on a CPM. Excited in the hope that it will help to improve my ROM, but of course nervous at the thought of having a general anaesthetic. Will have to have another pre-op beforehand. Hope this doesn't put me back too much for Christmas. Will have to rush everything now to make sure I have everything ready for Christmas - definitely don't want to be caught out or rely on other family members, even though I know they will be willing.
 
Wow Kathy, that's great that they can get you in before Christmas! :thumb: Then you can move on and look forward to better results.
I can almost see you dancing at those wedding now! :egypdance:
I look forward to reading your reports after your MUA.

Stay well and stay positive my friend, I wish you the best! :friends:
 
Sorry to hear you have to have the MUA, but am wishing you all the luck in the world and a quick recovery.

Poor little lady to be so poorly treated. Hugs!
 
Sorry Kathy you need the MUA but glad its going to be done before Christmas. You must feel anxious but its all going to be worth it . Just look forward to a positive 2013. Sending you hugs x x
 
Kathy,
[Bonesmart.org] KathyH New Knee
You will be fine. Take care and keep us posted. As you well know, we care.
[Bonesmart.org] KathyH New Knee
 
Hope your MUA goes well.
Stay strong, sending a hug,
Best wishes,
Toothfairy :flwrysmile:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom