Guest viewing is limited

Kathi777's New Knees

My iPhone doesn't calculate floors well at all! I've gone up/down 3 times today and it still says 1 flight climbed.
 
Sounds like the Gizmo is off in some Fitbit and iPhone products. My Fitbit one unit works good up until I hill climb with my walks. It figured I was climbing stairs I guess! All good! Skin is still tight across knees.. but I am out enjoying my walks.



auploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20170330_59785f59c2f553259b842de3a3beb312.jpg
 
I still am good... over 10,000 steps today! Skin feels tight but no limping. Ohh I get. It. You want to hear horror stories! Not gonna happen!
 
Happy to hear all is well and you're doing great! I'm jealous of the 5 miles!
 
Happy to hear all is well and you're doing great! I'm jealous of the 5 miles!

you will get there! I was active as I could be up until surgery. it was painful do not get me wrong.. daily i dealt with pain and it was wearing on me. I never used the motorized cart to ride in ever... at the stores. i always walked and pushed my cart.

I feel my healing and whole surgery process was probably helped by the strict no nonsense person I am. I cut salt, took bunches of vitamins, walked and did hand held weights to get ready for it... this week makes 12 weeks post. I have very small amounts of swelling, I was on my feet all day doing yard work, cooking, washing my motorcycle and then I did a small hike... over 10,000 steps for the day... no swelling. I feel better then before surgery I will say that!!

keep on walking! you will make the 10,000!
auploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20170403_0331fa9c6c95a3cc027934fce593fd16.jpg
 
happy Easter everyone! walking over 10,000 steps every other day. feeling good. 3 months post.
auploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20170413_1d96b288beaf0cb7b518ae1cf5ff8c5f.jpg
 
Congrats on your great recovery! I don't track my steps, but it sounds like your recovery is following a similar trajectory as mine (other than I'm totes jelly that you could drive earlier than I could!)

Glad you are making the most of your new knees. Can't wait to see what you can do at 6 months! :-)
 
@Want2hike driving was a must. i live rural. I did not drive a lot, but needed to get out for groceries, prescriptions, pt. and i have a great grand daughter to visit! [emoji7] the fitbit was a gift in 2013. best 100.00 he spent! [emoji13] helps me track steps etc. believe me in 2015 when i was ready for two new knees and hub got hit on his motorcycle and i had to put off my surgery... i was not walking this much. it made me upset to see how little I could walk. so now I am very much enjoying being back at it.. see turkey, deer, sometimes bald eagles on my walks. I am glad you are doing well also!
 
Alittle freaked out right now. I somehow got a bladder infection. Went to dr. As soon as I figured it out.. hopefully has no adverse effect on me. Is there any risks with the new knees?
 
I don't want to hear horror stories! I'm loving your success stories! :dancy:
 
A UTI shouldn't be an issue for your TKR. Hopefully you're on antibiotics now.
 
@KarriB yes! soon as i saw blood in urine i was on phone to dr. it was too close to 5 so i went with a priority care ( same copay as dr) and got the pills.. they will call if they need to switch me to something else. doing a culture. [emoji854] believe me... I only want good things to happen! on the flip side... here is my days steps and tomorrow is my birthday!
auploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20170502_ed8440f2bc10a56cc2c15a2f1e862e0e.jpg
 
I have a question. Can you ever kneel on your knees again after bilateral knee replacement?
 
My OS gave me permission to kneel. I can on soft surfaces....bed, pillow, yoga mat. It feels weird but doesn't hurt. I haven't tried kneeling on a hard floor without at least a rug or blanket under my knees.
 
Some surgeons prefer you not to kneel. Others don't give any instruction about it.
I can kneel on both my knees - they've both been replaced - but I don't like the feeling, so I avoid it if I can. It's good to know that I can do it in an emergency, though. Kneeling on a hard floor is always going to be hard and it's a good idea to put down something soft first.
 
My OS said I'm good to kneel whenever I feel up to it. The implants can handle kneeling. He said it might take getting used to again. Softer surfaces will be more comfy. I do plan to kneel further in my recovery.
 
Mine said I can kneel, but I prob won't like it. I've gotten on hands and knees on my soft bed so far. But I haven't had the nerve to kneel on carpet yet. My job involves being on the floor with kids, so I'm nervous about going back to work.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom