Kathi777's New Knees

It's osteofibrosis - KarriB is correct - loss of calcium from the bones, causing them to become fragile.
It's not always due to hyperparthyroidism, but should be invesgtigated.
 
I will let you know when we get back Tuesday! I looked at the x rays but I can't see the problem.. she looks to have space between the bones.. so will keep you posted and what he suggests.
 
It's osteofibrosis - KarriB is correct - loss of calcium from the bones, causing them to become fragile.
It's not always due to hyperparthyroidism, but should be invesgtigated.

thank you! I know it's painful for her and she has swelling. 4 ears wil be better than her two... we will get answers!!!
 
My friend that got bilateral knees done in June 2016 got cellulitis and had to have his knee operated on and infection cleaned out. I don't know how common this is?

also my front quad muscle feels tight.. is there any easy way to stretch that muscle or make it feel better? thinking at first it may be the scar that felt tight? going to hit it with lotion and massage daily in hopes it helps
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Then it probably is due to swelling of the soft tissue. There is internal swellI got that isn't as visible.
 
Then it probably is due to swelling of the soft tissue. There is internal swellI got that isn't as visible.

i do get this band feeling across the knee when i go down stairs! that explains that! thank you!
 
this is what it looks like post 10 weeks this is my activity level.
member knee.jpg
member pic.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
auploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20170324_96ea928f66b796be6b72645b045a1518.jpg


dr said i am free to do what i wish... i spoke to him today as my daughter needed to see him. he said that i should just listen to my body and that I am a trooper! haha 10 weeks Post!
daughter has some OA and needs PT for the knee, knee cap alignment issue.
 
This blows my mind! I struggle to get 8,000!

just keep plugging away! i think the floors are off today...(it must count the hills I rode on my Harley" ) but i am certain I walked plenty... same route as yesterday but i didn't do the extra bit on the treadmill. i feel great.. I figured on taking it easy tomorrow as it is supposed to rain..
auploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20170325_1a10327e84ec9f2c571a174918fe2cb8.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I had minor swelling after over 10,000 steps which I expected. ( I cycled back to about 8,000 and no hills, more flat ground). At going on 11 weeks post I am happy with my results. Taking Aleve once a day. Will slowly add in hills in the coming days but not on a daily basis.
 
Hills mean added stress to that new knee and surrounding soft tissue. I'm glad you saw the problem and are eliminating hills for now. Try waiting a few weeks until you're at three months post op before going back or try less of an incline.
 
My Fitbit doesn't calculate floors very well. It will say I've done 11 when all I've done is go up and down 3 steps on the porch.


Sent from my iPhone
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom