Kathi777's New Knees

I definitely feel a change of weather in my knees. My os said the change in barometric pressure causes tissues to swell and it doesn't take much to feel it as the knee is quite a compact compartment.
 
@DebM that could very well be it. IT is all new to me and at this time I feel better than I have in years and still get some walking in and keep moving. are you icing still? curious if I should add more ice to my routine. I see the ortho in two weeks so I will get his assessment on how I am. [emoji274]
 
My two days a week at work are very full on, in and out of the car all day delivering medication so I ice at the end of a work day for an hour or two. Other days not so much, unless my knees feel particularly tight.
I saw my os last week and he is very pleased and doesn't need to see me again unless I have issues. He said it will take a good 12 months even up to two years to get full recovery.
I am much less stressed about the slow speed of my recovery these days as i can see a little bit of I,provement each week and life is going back to normal, in fact finally much less pain than before I started this journey.
I hope you are doing well also.
 
I find your recovery so very reassuring and helpful. I'm at the stage where impatience is setting in, so it's a relief to read you're going about life and work, and happy you had your surgery. The tightness, the stiffness apparently last for quite a while. Baby steps.
 
lol about the pills for your dentist. My dentist keeps there in their medicine cabinet so I don't even need to pick up a script. My OS says I don't need them for normal cleaning but since it was my first visit (and since many OS's have differing opinions on this) post TKR and since I had a stitch abscess show up the previous day I figured why not! :)
 
Kathi, if you're swellIng I think you should ice for sure. This recovery can take a year, so your knee is letting you know it isn't quite done yet.
 
@SusieShoes I am doing well! i walk 4 to 5 miles a day, push mow, can stand for quite sometime and probably could go back to a job if it was 6 hour days and moving around.. but not in nursing as an aid. I am enjoying my time off and am busy enough not to miss working! [emoji274] summer is short... i want to enjoy flea markets, my great granddaughter and riding my Harley. you will get there.. minor swelling is my only issue and ice will be my friend.
 
@Karri i believe you are right! it's going on 6 months and I am just getting feeling back in the side of my leg. it may be why I have so many different feelings now and sometimes it just feels weird! I see the dr soon. will update after that! I am plugging along and feel pretty good most days! [emoji4]
 
It does feel weird when that numb feeling begins to go away. I still have numb areas on the outside of my TKR leg.
 
glad to know it's not just me! was beginning to think i am defective! then again.. i may be! The newest wrinkle was I thought I had to go to the dentist on Wednesday I took my pills at noon for my 1 o'clock cleaning I got to the dentist and they tell me that I am a day early and they don't have time for me. Bingo I took four pills that I didn't need to take! so besides throwing out the first set of pills took up a set of pills needlessly I had to order another set yesterday so I could take them today so I may be defective[emoji854][emoji854][emoji854]
 
I got x-rayed and looked at by the doctor. He says everything looks great keep doing whatever I'm doing walking is good no jumping no running. Antibiotics are only for the first year of TKR. for dentist. he did say there may be a spot of numbness that will last forever on the leg where he cut the nerves. But as long as it is on outside of leg no issues. oh and try knee pads if i want to get on knees! lol

auploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20170713_60feb1969038d622bb12305da5de1d95.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, I still have a numb spot on the outside of my knee. Glad you got a good report!
 
@Kathi777 - so happy to hear you are doing stairs. I am a couple of weeks behind you and just this weekend did a full flight down with somewhat less pain. I can go up without pain, but my surgery leg feels weak when I put that pressure on her. I am so hoping that this is a turnaround - you give me hope that you are able to do it at 7 months with TWO knees replaced. Congrats on that milestone!
 
Hey @Kathi 777 !
Don't know how I missed your thread, thought that I read all' the bilats!
I'll have to catch up on yours :)
Great report and even better looking legs and scars!
Thanks for checking in again on BS.
 
Doing great, Kathi! First the stairs, and next the world. I have been doing stairs for a few weeks, but there's still a lot of awkwardness. Looking forward to doing them with ease.
 
ohh I was mad because my steps are steep going down and i had to single step doing them! step down on one by one not like normal. so I am able now, which is GREAT. a small amount of discomfort but I got this. rains moving in and maybe that's why I am a bit more achey. i feel best when I walk daily. 10,000 or more steps. i have no clicking or weird noise from my new knees. basically I had a pretty good recovery and am very pleased.
 
I agree with you @Kathi 777. My knees seem to feel better when I have a busy day, whether it be shopping, working etc. I get a bit sore by the end of the day but not as stiff as if I had a quiet day at home on the couch a lot.
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Members online

Back
Top Bottom