Kathi777's New Knees

The Pt gal Jen says I am amazing and tough... most are not this far along and I did the balancing exercise today along with 5 min on the exercise bike. Part of it is my no nonsense approach and good range of motion when I went in. Jen is happy that my at home exercise program has worked ( even though she would love me to come there and them make the bucks from supervising me) she understands why I am wanting to do it at home. ( every time I go out seems someone is sick these days and I want to limit my exposure to that). I have 20 visits per calendar year so hoping to keep a few available should I need PT for any other reason. Thank you all. Also she is disturbed more than I about the bakers cyst... she keeps rubbing lotion and trying to get it gone! Lol. I think as long as it has not interfered with my progress we shall wait see what Dr says and most likely leave it be.
 
I do still have restless legs! Will address this with Dr. March 3. Hoping it goes away!
 
7 weeks post, after 8 formal PT sessions I have graduated and do not need to return. zero for straight and 120 bend. She will send the dr. a report and I see him Friday ( tomorrow)
 
Great ROM numbers, Kathi! How do the knees feel and what are you able to do?
 
i can walk quite a bit, bicycle 5 minutes or more, up and down stairs pretty easy , ( though I am still single stepping coming down) worried about falling! PT said only thing would mess up the knees at this point... falling so I just don't take the chance! the knees feel great, no clicking as some mentioned,little swelling after being up 8 hours but nothing much... just a small pouch above incision. I am icing once a day if at all. Incision site still feels tight across it but I think that's normal. knee caps move easily and are fluid per PT. So for a bilateral she says I made great strides and I am tough. [emoji847]
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Seen the Dr. today. Everything looks good. Got the ok to ride my motorcycle, walk more and increase the miles slowly. He was pleased with my progress in just 7 weeks to be at this level he high 5 me and said great job. Says ice as needed, script for antibiotics for my cleaning visit at dentist in June. I see him in July. [emoji817] I hope by then. Happy to be finished with PT and DRS for awhile.
 
auploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20170304_707831afaa1d15cd1de4d9233d5eaceb.jpg
. X-ray from today
 
POST 8 weeks... i am almost back to normal in some ways... i have range of motion, less pain then pre surgery. I can travel upstairs well, but coming down i am single stepping still... Dr explained the reason why... but said it will take a bit more time. I still have energy drain but it's not so bad. and hey naps are good! would I do bilateral again? Yes!!! less time in PT and one rehab time is better...
 
@KarriB i am taking it slow resuming hiking. i did go a mile with inclines etc and hurt the next day. i think i may be a flat lander for now [emoji28]
 
Inclines will come later when you're fully healed. For now bask in what you can do without pain! Yay!
 
@KarriB correct.. if it hurts don't do it, i have learned, and i do want to continue making great strides so your Bone Smart mantras are stuck in my head. [emoji854] at this time i am still icing and trying to talk my daughter into doing the same.., dumb luck she got my knees! we see the ortho next week with her x-rays and see what he can do.
 
I got my mother's knees, Kathi. She had to have both her knees replaced and I've had to do the same.
Heredity - sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. I got some good things from her as well.
 
I have my dad's knees. He has had both done. My grandfather had debilitating arthritis, so my dad got it from his father. At least you understand your daughter's situation and can help her through it.
 
i have never heard of osteo fibers and if anyone know more about this please tell... this is what they told my daughter at the clinic .. but taking x rays and seeing my ortho with daughter on tuesday... may have some better idea of what's going.
 
Theyr saying she has osteo fibers in her knees or is it osteotis fibrosa?
 
I think it's a skeletal disorder that results in bone loss or bone weakness. It may be associated with hyperparathyroidism.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom