Kathi777's New Knees

It is very uncomfortable for me to kneel. I have done it when down on the floor either on purpose or accidentally. Kneeling on concrete is definitely not fun! My aversion to kneeling is keeping my house very neat, nothing under chairs, sofas, beds etc. :heehee:
 
Spend one night sitting beside the whelping box with my golden and my knees both were sore by morning. Some minor swelling... I know I am not up for this often. Maybe pushing it?
 
I kneeled on my carpet the other day. It felt so bad. I'm hoping its bc I still have some swelling + so much is still numb. That maybe in a year I can kneel comfortably again? I enjoy yoga and I hate to be done with Cat/Cow forever. lol
 
Saw my os today for 5 month follow up. He said I could try kneeling - it won't cause problems but I mightn't like it. I am not brave enough to try yet :)
 
@DebM. I inadvertently kneeled.. in Feb and it was not good. Even now in the car kneeling on seat to reach over, is no good! Feels weird and not comfortable at all
 
It hurts and I don like it. I only kneel when I absolutely have to, such as when I fall! I fell at Disney World in March and the floor was just concrete covered with carpet. I've also fallen outside on concrete in the winter. I knew how much it would hurt to kneel in getting up so I just laid there for a few minutes envisioning the news coverage "woman found frozen to death 50 feet from door due to pain while kneeling". So I mustered the courage to kneel and get up. I haven't been able to do what this guy below can do...

 
I get on the floor to cut fabric and I've been almost stranded a few times. It's an elaborate dance to get up, but I still have one original knee. Also, I use my original knee to kneel on my sons bed to chg his sheets. I'm scared about when both have been replaced. I also get on the floor a lot for work (I'm a pediatric SLP) so this aspect is a big deal for me.
 
I can kneel, but I still dislike the feeling, even 2 and 5 years post-TKR. It's good to know I can do it, but I try to avoid it if possible.
 
I got up exactly like this video! keep in mind we women need to lift weights and keep as much upper body strength as possible . @Jennszoo can you use a small shower stool to get down to the level you need. ? i find it to be a life saver!
 
That's how I got up before my surgery! Haven't tried it yet since.
 
I wouldnt have a hope in hell to do what this guy does lol!
 
He's very nimble. I get up in a similar fashion, but I must look more like an elephant trying to get up.
 
I try not to put myself in positions where I have to consider kneeling, BUT, the other day I decided to sit on the decking of our pool ... thought I was being smart by sitting at the ladder. Nope! I had to inch myself back and i was sitting on the ground like a lost soul and sort of did what the man in the video did. We are all in the same boat!!

Ugh...
 
swelling at post 5 months? anyone have any ideas on why? i am clueless unless it's the change in weather? it was hot humid 90 degrees... my right knee is swelling... no falls, nothing crazy being done .. even stopped walking the 5 miles because of the heat..
 
That storm front that moved through was a powerful one. I was at PT in the morning, here in Philadelphia, and three other TKR clients were saying how their knees were aching already. I didn't notice anything, but they were swearing up and down that every time the weather changed to thunderstorms, they could feel it in their knees. So maybe that is what you are (hopefully "were" by now) feeling.
 
I'd say the weather probably has something to do with it if you haven't been swelling.
I've still been swelling daily, after any activity, so I know no difference. :(
 
No other pain besides swelling? It can take a whole year to recover. I didn't walk in the heat all last week. Today was my first day walking in 10 days. The heat/humidity can do weird things. I swear I feel cold water more intensely since my TKR.
 
@KarriB I am feeling some discomfort . I was thinking it is just my numbness is subsiding? I walked today, it was sunny and 70* and i felt ok. My swelling is not a lot.. just it feels weird! ohh guess what this woman did? ok, my chihuahua carries stuff around , i found a bottle with 4 pills i had no clue what they were... so i pitched them.. the label was gone. needless to say i looked at my refrigerator where i put my bottle of 4 pills for my dentist visit next week.. hello label... haha guess i am going to have to go fill my script again before next Monday! darn old timers brain farts!
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom