• RATE YOUR SURGEON ON OUR NEW JOINT SURGEON LOCATOR

Your opinion matters so please click on this announcement to find out how to rate the surgeons you have worked with

You could also go to the Surgeon Locator via the blue nav bar at the top - find the tab "Surgeon Locator"

[BILATERAL TKR] Kathi777's New Knees

gerilari

Country
United States United States
Hi! Sorry to hear about your back. I started to have back pain about six months after my Bilateral. Doc said it was arthritis. My lower back used to really bother me years back but then improved. Now that I am able to walk upright and more normally, I feel my back again. BUT... I'm still crazy happy that I can do so many more things and have no pain now that I don't mind the swap. :) I hope you find the good outweighs the bad. Carpe diem! :happydance:

DebM

senior
Country
Australia Australia
Hi @Kathi 777! I has a 2 level spinal fusion about 30 years ago which hasn’t given me a lot of trouble. However over the last few months it’s been aching a bit. I figure it’s to do with getting used to my new gait and will settle down eventually. Hope your back doesn’t give you too much grief

SusieShoes

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
Is your doctor able to do anything to help your back pain? Now that you know what’s causing it, maybe there’s a way to treat it so you can continue to enjoy your new, more active lifestyle (courtesy of your new knees). I had some very minor back pain when first starting to walk a lot again. My body had to get used to the new gait and amount of activity. But a tired back is not the same at all as an arthritic back. :nah: I hope this news also leads to relief for you!

KarriB

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
I also have arthritis in my lower back. Before TKR I thought it was from bending over firstbfrade desks, but the anesthesiologist couldn’t get the spinal due to the arthritis in my back. I think the knee pain masked the back pain. Mine is worse in the morning and gets better as the day progresses.

OP
OP
Kathi 777

Kathi 777

Country
yes girls it is a bitter pill having back pain, but correct... it's not anywhere near as bad as the knees were paining me! i will do some stretches and figure out the best course of non action. ha no more surgery here! yes @KarriB it's worse in the am. but really just a nagging thing all day but I am not going to allow it to bother me. [emoji854] mind over matter! just glad it is only arthritis and not something worse.

Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum

KarriB

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
Mine isn’t bad enough to take anything for the pain because after I’m up and walking around a bit it gets better. Walking helps especially if I concentrate on my posture while walking. Then it flares up some at the end of the day.

Kathi, you have a great attitude about it. I’m not sure what can be done, but I’m not keen on a back surgery.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Seniorka
Recent bookmarks

Trending hash tags