Guest viewing is limited

TKR karol723's Recovery Thread

Best wishes. I hope it all goes well.
 
See you on the other side praying everything went well with your surgery.
 
Had my RTKR done on Monday. Doing really well now first two days were tough. They took me off of oxy and put me back on Tylenol and Tramadol when needed. I do better on less medication. Tired now, will post more tomorrow. Glad it's done☺☺☺
 
Karol, glad you have made it past those first days. Try to rest as much as you can. Are you home yet?
 
Thanks everyone for the prayers & well wishes! I was in hospital for 3 days, then moved to rehab section. Going easier than last time☺ Feeling very tired, I guess the Tramadol and 2 surgeries in 1 year will do that to you!!! Everything going nicely in therapy. I had one therapy session with a new therapist who started doing different things with the new knee, hurt like hell!!! Made him stop, get me an icepak & return me to my room.Spoke to nurse about not using that therapist for me again. Thanks for always letting me know that I am in charge. So glad I spoke up. Other than that, everyone here has been great. Hope to go home this coming Friday.
 
I'm glad you spoke up and stopped that therapist from hurting your knee any more. Well done!

I hope that your transfer home goes well and you can make yourself comfortable in a cosy nest.
 
Yes! Will have my care and discharge meeting on Tuesday, hope to leave rehab and go home on Friday. Feeling good, but very tired. Lots of napping going on here ☺
 
Was told today I may go home on Thursday, hope so. My roommate and her large family (always 5 or 6 people here)are really, really annoying! Need some rest, peace & quiet!!!
 
Karol, that would be annoying. I cherish my quiet. I hope you get to go home on Thursday.
 
I'm home, so glad to be here ! I am exhausted. Just unpacking, showering and drying my hair used up all my energy. Happy to be sleeping in my own bed tonight. Knee is doing well ☺
 
Congratulations on being home! And happy :sleep:
 
Being home is so nice! Sleeping pretty good too, although I wake up when it's time for pain med. Having a lot of itching along the surgery incision. Still have that tape on till Jan 6th. Not sure if its sensitivity to the tape covering the incision lone, or if the itching is from healing. Ice helps pain & itching too. Anyone else experience this??? I go to pt for the 1st time tomorrow, will also ask therapist.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom