TKR karol723's Recovery Thread

:egypdance:I'm glad you both had a good time and were able to share a couple of dances together.
 
Hi everyone, Knees are doing well. On Saturday I felt so good I did alot of things I've been putting off for awhile. Emptied & cleaned out the refrigerator, vacuuming, grocery store, and more. My knees were fine !!! Then on Saturday night when I put the dogs food dish on the floor I must've pulled something in my back, couldn't stand up for a few minutes. Hurting ever since. Been taking extra strength Tylenol, icing and alternating with heating pad and hot showers. Will probably call doctor today as it's still painful. So down about the fact that the knees are finally getting better and now this happens. Guess the rest of my body has gotten weaker through all of this. Trying to keep my spirits up but struggling to do so right now. Guess the ODIC can hit us in places other than our knees !!!
 
Hi all, things are going well with the knees at this point. My back is better after s few days of Aleve and it showers. I feel my muscles have gotten weaker everywhere, will need to work at getting stronger. Also need to lose the 15lbs I gained while recuperating my TKR's. Still a little stiffness in the morning, but it passes after I'm moving around a bit.
Trying to get to the gym 2 or 3x a week. I may also try the Silver Sneakers exercise class they have. I need to pace myself though, still get so exhausted if I do too much. I'm just over ,5 months now and so wanting to get back to everything I was able to do before the knees went. Patience is sometimes difficult for me.

Going out to dinner with my husband and some old friends tomorrow evening. The wife has also had s TKR, and will be having another in the future. We can compare our recoveries. Nice to be looking forward to these things again. Now if I can find something to fit over the extra 15 lbs I'll be OK !!
 
Karol, so nice to hear a good report from you! I am a month ahead and I STILL get exhausted easily! You are right - patience. Well, I will tell you I got in the wrong line when they were doling that out! My problem is finding something to fit over the swollen knee! I have big thighs to start with, then the added swelling doesn't help matters. I have been fitted with a compression mid thigh and it is really helping the swelling and stiffness. Enjoy your dinner out!
 
In the months starting from July 2015, my revision and March until now I've gained weight too. Just doing little things has me huffing and puffing. At least I have one knee done so maybe the other one will calm down a little too. We will both be moving better and doing more everyday so I'm sure the weight will gone soon. Enjoy your dinner out with your friends. You deserve it.
 
Hi everyone, haven't been on here Ina long time! I'm now at 8 months on my last RTKR. Feeling so much better. Actually went canoeing and peddleboating recently. Want to let everyone still recovering know that it does get better.
Only issue I have had is getting up and out of the canoe. Also couldn't get out of my beach chair without someone pulling !e up. Don't know if this will improve or not. Same muscles used when getting out of the bathtub. Compared to the stuff we go through this seems trivial, but it's wat we deal with at this point. Anyone else have this problem?
I'm not that computer savvy, so it took me awhile to get back on here. Figured it out with hubby's help. Will try to catch up on all my recovery buddies this evening.
 
Hi everyone, called my surgeon office to ask about that problem! I've had getting up from beach chair, bathtub and canoe seat. Was told it's because my quads still need more strengthening. So, more exercises, thought by now i would have been past that. I was told to carefully use the leg press machine st the gym with low weights and to do straight leg quad sets 3x a day. Will let you guys know if it helps.

LTKR is 18 months, RTKR is 8 months old. Guess there's still some work to be done. Overall doing great, really cannot complain. Just want to be independent enough to get up on my own. I will get there.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom