Bilateral TKR JustJeff 4/9/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, I guess I am "prediabetic, not type 2. Prediabetic is an A1c between 5.7 and 6.4. I still monitor my blood sugar levels on a somewhat regular basis and my PCP does the A1C once per year. Anything over 6.5 indicates diabetes which could be type 1 or 2.
 
I just confirmed that I have episodes of hypoglycemia! I've had this at various times infrequently for like 10 years and didn't know what the onset of shakiness and hunger was. This time I was ready with my blood glucose testing kit and I got an 86 reading! I ate one square of chocolate that I had just for that purpose and in 20 minutes it was up to 103! Been waiting a long time to figure that one out!
My goal is anything below 100 and above 75. My morning readings are always between 85-90. Took me a time to get because I did have dawn phenomenon. I started taking a taking a reading in the middle of the night (3am) and it would be over 100 in the AM. It frustrated me. I started drinking a concoction of 2 T of Apple Cider Vinegar in 8 oz of cinnamon water and just a couple of drops stevia. Within a week my fasting reading was in the 80's. My doctor was thrilled. I had an A1C this morning and just got my results and it was 5.2 and was very surprised as i expected it to higher due to surgery. I've learned to eat breakfast which I never did before. I have a healthy smoothie every morning. BTW, chocolate would have spiked me higher than that. lol
 
I woke up in pain and can't get back to sleep. I saw the date of your surgery near mine and it peaked my interest. Tylenol...blah nothing, Tramadol and Percocet at beginning made me hallucinate, taking both so not sure which so those are out.....some days I need nothing...then at night sometimes bamm! Do you have a zinger pain when driving and switching from gas to braking? That is really bugging me as I have a long commute of stop n go traffic. Trying to work my way back to normal hrs at job. ??



Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Percocet was my drug of choice at night. Tramadol filled in during the day. I never had hallucinations or anything other than a slightly dopey feeling with either. I also never had zingers brought on by anything I actively did. I still get them once in a while to remind me that I'm still in recovery. The good news is that as of yesterday in off all pain killers including OTC stuff!
 
Hi @JustJeff - just checking in to see how you are doing. Do you feel like you are being stalked when people check in because they have not heard from you in 24 hours?? :)

What are your plans for the weekend? Hopefully you will be taking more pics to add to your album!

Hope you are well.
 
Hi @71Beetle
Lisa, Hope you're continuing your recovery well. I've been busy living my dream of being active again (like all of you will! ) I kayaked yesterday on a lake with lots of little islands and trees in the water that turtles hang out on.
This morning I hiked with my wife and daughter on a rail tall for about 3.4 miles.
Tonight I'm kayaking at night under the full super moon.
[Bonesmart.org] JustJeff 4/9/14
[Bonesmart.org] JustJeff 4/9/14
 
Two Eskimos sitting in a kayak were getting cold so they decided to light a fire in their boat. It promptly sank, proving once again that you can’t have your kayak and heat it too.
 
Jeff,
Beautiful photographs, thanks for sharing.
I appreciate you saying you are still icing, you have had a great recovery, but understand that you still need to care for your new knees!
 
Two Eskimos sitting in a kayak were getting cold so they decided to light a fire in their boat. It promptly sank, proving once again that you can’t have your kayak and heat it too.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Two Indians stayed up all night drinking copious amounts of tea and reminiscing about life and the changes that had been happening in their community. They were both found dead the next morning in their beds. After a full investigation it was found that there was no foul play. They had simply died in their "tea pee".

Hey @Phil75070 - perhaps we can infect all of the threads with bad jokes. Except for @Nana moon 27 's thread. She is a Don now after all and has people that could mess us up. :)
 
Hey @Phil75070 - perhaps we can infect all of the threads with bad jokes. Except for @Nana moon 27 's thread. She is a Don now after all and has people that could mess us up.

I probably have enough to go around without repeating any.

The crowd at the Cannibal's party grew silent when he announced he would be serving finger foods.
 
Speaking of diabetes, I never realized this but there are different target glucose readings depending on if you are pre-diabetic, type 2 diabetic or type 1 diabetic according to the Cleveland Clinic:


Fasting Glucose Test

Normal

Less than 100

Pre-Diabetes

100-125

Diabetes

126 or higher
[THEAD] [/THEAD]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]



Random (Anytime) Glucose Test

Normal

Less than 140

Pre-Diabetes

140-199

Diabetes

Greater than 200
[THEAD] [/THEAD]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]



A1C

Normal

Less than 5.7%

Pre-Diabetes

5.7-6.4%

Diabetes

Greater than 6.5%

Source: American Diabetes Association 2013
[THEAD] [/THEAD]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
 
Hi @JustJeff I'm glad yr having a good time. I sooo love those pictures they're lovely. Your wife and daughter are beautiful. @Phil75070 you and your cannibal jokes like the one What's a Cannibals favourite game?......Swallow my leader! It's endless!!!! Ha ha xxxx
love Nana moon 27 xxxx
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom