Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral TKR JustJeff 4/9/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok...I've been concerned about the same thing. Guess I will call the parks and see where some flat trails are. But going to all fiestas they have at this time year. Been doing well at them so far. Most of the fiestas are out in the fields or on dirt anyways. So far no pain or swelling afterwards. Been doing things I haven't done n years. Great to reclaim my life after slowing losing it over the years.
 
@sleenie so far it's just been flat. I'm working my way up slowly. Although I've made great strides to getting where I want to be, I've never really pushed it. I'm just going slowly until I know I can take the next step. Big rocks 1000' ft down from the Appalachian trail is one thing that really messed my knees up.. I was never the same after that, so I'm taking it one step at a time.

I guess you don't want to hike with me at Bake Oven Knob?

[Bonesmart.org] JustJeff 4/9/14
 
Hi @JustJeff, sounds like you are continuing to get out there and live life to the fullest! I would not rush it with the rocky terrain just yet. Have you golfed yet or are you sticking to the driving range for a bit?
 
I forget whose thread it was where the discussion was about the Recumbent bike, but I finally remembered to try it again. I couldn't do it during PT as it required too much flexion and it hurt. Today, no problems at all! I need milestones and this was one!
 
I did one last week also. Was surprised and I don't have as much flexion as you. But it us getting better fast.

I also did the leg press. Started with 20 lbs ended with 30 lbs and could have gone higher but PT wouldn't let me. I live these milestones.

But you've been riding your bike for some time. I got rid of mine years ago because it hurt too much.
 
WOW! That is really great. My PT is being very careful about how much weight.I try. Going to see if she will allow another 20 lbs today. Before my knees got really bad I could do 150.
 
Hi @JustJeff, dropping by to say hello!
Sounds like you are doing really well. Good job on the recumbent and the leg press! So many milestones to be proud of.
What has your weekend been like? Did you get some more hiking in?
Enjoy your day!
 
Hiya Lisa! I'm more concerned about you, dear.
I'm doing fine. I walked 4 miles yesterday on that same rail trail. That's probably my limit for this week. When I got back I was achy around my quads and the ball of my right foot hurt. I immediately feel asleep. But, here's the good news, I wasn't out of breath at all and my knees themselves felt fine.
So, how's your recovery doing? I haven't had time to read a lot l lately, which is a good thing, but I miss leisurely going through my friends' posts.

Last evening I went to my daughter's roller derby bout, where her team routed the opponents.

Today, is a weird, relaxing day, preparing for a routine colonoscapy tomorrow. So I'm on a liquid diet today with the "fun"starting at 4pm.
Hope all is well. I'll be visiting as many threads as I can later.

Here's a photo of my walk yesterday with my wife and friends.

[Bonesmart.org] JustJeff 4/9/14
 
Hi @JustJeff - what a great picture. You all look relaxed and happy. Congratulations on completing that distance without being out of breath and having your knees hurt. That is such great news! I will get there, I know, and I can't wait to share the news when I do.

Your daughter is a roller derbyer? Not sure the proper name for it. It sure does seem to be making a comeback. An acquaintance of mine from high school just joined a league (she is 47). They were in a rink near me last night but I was not up to going. When I was likely 12 years old, I used to watch the Women's Roller Derby on TV on Saturday afternoons. I had roller skates with metal wheels back then and used to go to the roller rink in town. That roller rink is now a big Lee Valley warehouse. Ahh the 70's.

Good luck tomorrow with the dreaded colonoscopy. The process to get there sounds worse than the actual event.

Enjoy your day!
 
What a happy photo! I love hearing the stories of people getting their life back to normal. I can't wait to be more active and get back to feeling fitter again. Going for walks in nice weather is one of my aims too - so its great to hear, well done!!
 
You are such a great story! We are all happy for your happy ending! Love the photo too!!
 
Great photo and you sure look like you are enjoying yourself.

Good luck on your test tomorrow. I will get one next year and don't look forward to it.
 
Done with the colonoscopy! Hardest part was the liquid diet yesterday. They found 2 small, no big deal polyps, only. The nurses were still amazed at my knee recovery! :)
 
@JustJeff I am curious. The debate is on about prophylactic antibiotics before dental work but supposedly the thinking is the same for any "invasive" procedure. Did you take them?

I remember my first colonoscopy and telling my doctor he is going where no man has gone before! With my 2nd one I told him I needed a note from him that said he did NOT find my head up there as my co-workers were convinced otherwise.
 
Yes. They gave me amoxacillan IV before the procedure. They said it's done 6 months after the operation.
 
The nurse also said that dental procedures are also more sensitive due to their proximity to the brain.
 
Bonesmarties meet up! I just came back from a 4.8 mile walk with The Historian on the Saucon Rail Trail, near Hellertown, PA. My (as well as his) first live meeting with a fellow BoneSmart person. We had fun as we traded stories of our lives and comeback to the promised land. I tripped over plastic fencing carelessly left on the path and made an athletic twist on the way down to keep my knees safe. First time I fell (for whatever reason) since surgery.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] JustJeff 4/9/14
    4knees.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 232
  • [Bonesmart.org] JustJeff 4/9/14
    historian.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 240
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom