Bilateral TKR JustJeff 4/9/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh enjoy! I spend a lot if time in South Jersey. Hope it's a gorgeous week!
 
As a prelude to a "feeling good "vacation, for the absolute first time since surgery, I had a full night's sleep! This was without heavy meds and without elevation, free! I woke up once at 3:00, looked at the time and went back to sleep.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
That is a great night's sleep! You will be well rested for your holiday. Have a great time!
 
Making the best of self PT! Riding on the Atlantic City Boardwalk. I wish all of you were with me in body here!
[Bonesmart.org] JustJeff 4/9/14
 
Sounds like you are having a good time. Enjoy yourself. We are there in spirit!
 
Sorry about the rotate fall. I can't delete it.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
I want everyone to know that while I may not have the time now to do more in response than "like" posts, I am reading them when I get the chance, following, and living your ups and downs. In frustrated that when I finally get to reading many, the threads are almost forgotten, even with quoting (which on my phone is suspect.)

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
I've been biking about 6 miles a day down here in perfect weather, although that is about to change. That rain in Ottawa, beetle, is about to get here.
Yesterday, my friend and I drove our bikes to a journey of our childhood in the area of Atlantic City that we spent the summers of our youth. It was bittersweet as the neighborhood over the years was razed for casino development and then was left to rot in open lots. This is a photo of my friend Scott looking at the lot where his father's motel used to be.
[Bonesmart.org] JustJeff 4/9/14


On a happier note, we rode to the area where almost exactly 60 years ago this photo was taken by my father of me fishing at "the seawall" at age 4.
[Bonesmart.org] JustJeff 4/9/14

After telling and showing the photos to fisherpeople, I asked to borrow a rod to reproduce it in the same spot:
[Bonesmart.org] JustJeff 4/9/14


Later that evening, my wife and I took a leisurely 2 mile stroll on the boardwalk:
[Bonesmart.org] JustJeff 4/9/14


With all this good exercise I fell very little banding and generally feel completely normal. My moral is to get out and do what you can and relative improvement will hopefully follow. I've seen with friends (and the before image of myself) what being sedentary can do. I'll be here until Saturday and then I should have more time (than early morning when I can't sleep) to write. I do think of all of you. In whatever I do I you, fellow knee peers, are never far from my mind. it wasn't all that long ago f when lying in a hospital bed I couldn't even bring my left toes to my right!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
It sure sounds like you are having a great time. I'm so glad your recovery has allowed you to do the things you love. Your photos are great! Show those knees whose boss!
 
Thanks for the update, and the great pictures. Love the then and now of you fishing. How things change and how they stay the same.
Have fun on your vacation!
 
Way to go Jeff, thanks for sharing that pic, its tough to see our childhood neighborhoods change. That picture of your friend looking at the vacant lot really struck a cord with me. They say a picture is worth a thousand words !. How true. Have fun and be safe Iceman
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom