Bilateral TKR JustJeff 4/9/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll get a lot of riding in during my vacation next week in Ventnor, NJ, neighbor of Atlantic City. The boardwalk is ready to be (re) conquered!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
I agree but winters in Ottawa are brutal and indoor exercise equipment is a bonus. I ran a 10K race a few years back called the Richmond Road Race. The race has been going on for decades and that particular year the weather was at -43.6 Fahrenheit, the coldest race on record (for that particular race). I had so many layers on I looked like a tire. :) I loved winter running but I am not as keen on walking in those temperatures.

I used to cycle everywhere when I first moved to Europe as I did not have a car for the first year I was there. I averaged about 30 - 40 km per day. My legs were solid then!

What is your favourite activity @JustJeff? You have mentioned cycling, hiking and kayaking as well as going to the gym. What is your passion when it comes to exercise. (I don't mean the 15 second kind that @Phil75070 mentioned in an earlier post) :)
 
Brrrr! I would imagine hiking. With me, it isn't the activity itself but what I do with it. I love being out and viewing nature. Photography is my passion and whatever platform I use, hiking, kayaking, etc. Is great.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
Thought for today as it fits here like a good knee wrap.
[Bonesmart.org] JustJeff 4/9/14


Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
Never likes rowing machines, stationary bikes nor treadmills. After all that time and after you are right back where you started, not having gone anywhere!

[Bonesmart.org] JustJeff 4/9/14
 
Never likes rowing machines, stationary bikes nor treadmills. After all that time and after you are right back where you started, not having gone anywhere!

[Bonesmart.org] JustJeff 4/9/14
I love the animation. this is so true so true. I hate them. but know they are good for my knee and body
 
I am a visual person so seeing my progress on the screen on the rower, bike or treadmill is good for me. I would much rather be outside as well as it provides a more stimulating visual and the air is better than my basement gym.
I do agree that you don't get far though. I am not a fan of the exercise bike nor do I like to go for a bike ride just to go for a ride. I need a destination to really enjoy it - I guess because it was my mode of transportation for so long. I only bought the stationary bike for rehab on my knees got a real cheap one as I did not see the value in investing like I did with my rower.
 
Between the bike and the kayak I'm getting good full body aerobic exercise plus in the kayak when I see wildlife I pull my good camera out of my dry bag stop and create images! Best of both worlds. (I get bored easily)

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Huh! They look like lima beans. Can you eat them raw? How do they taste?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
@JustJeff, try blackeyed peas! Not really good raw---need to be cooked with seasonings to make them delicious!
 
I season them with celery salt, garlic, onion, and bacon. Delicious! I think they are milder than black eyed peas.
 
Tomorrow I'm going on vacation for a week in Ventnor City, NJ. When we planned this at the beginning of the year, I wasn't sure at all if I'd be well enough to go. I'm happy to report I'll have no trouble at all walking the 2.5 blocks to the beach but I'm bringing my bike down to ride the boardwalk each morning to continue to strengthen my lower body. I'm staying in a house with 6 of my closest friends Judy like we did in our late teens. So I'll check in from time to time to see if you guys are behaving yourselves. Maybe some day a bunch of us newknees will get together for a vacation or a cruise.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
Have a great vacation @JustJeff. Sounds like a great time! It is awesome that you are feeling as well as you are and will be able to fully enjoy the time you are there. Look forward to hearing all about it!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom