Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral TKR JustJeff 4/9/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
The worst part about going to the gym is the boring bike warmup. So I decided not to do that anymore. I rode my own bike to the gym, pre-warmed! (1.5 miles)

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I'm envious. Wish I could do that. My gym is 4 miles and within the first quarter mile there is a very steep hill that closes when it snows.
 
19 miles to mine. No way! I don't do bike until the middle though to loosen back up.
 
As I rode up, a woman was walking in with her walker. I held off saying that less than 2 months before, that was me also.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
Then again, I had both done
Probably a decent amount of blood down the drain.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
Guys with blink who wear string bikinis with heels are definitely not delicate! :)

Show them your muscles, Jeff!


As I rode up, a woman was walking in with her walker. I held off saying that less than 2 months before, that was me also.

Was over a friend's house last night. The grandson is a little over a year old. You know how kids at that age walk when they have just learned to do so, fits and starts and a little off balance? Well I told my friends that it was only a few weeks ago that that was the way I was walking, too! :)

[Bonesmart.org] JustJeff 4/9/14
 
@JustJeff popping by to say hello! Hope you are doing well. Sounds like you are.
~hopefaith
awesome. you're so sweet! yep doing fine. just got back from a farm, picking peas. I brought my garden stool so I didn't kill my back.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
@JustJeff picking peas! I used to love to do that! I liked to eat half of them right out of the pod, loved them like that!
 
I picked sugar snap and shell, perfectly ripe. I also stopped by a field that was recently cut down so nobody went there, but the peas that remained were still good and bursting with size from the pod. A found treasure. Most people were picking strawberries but I didn't, except to eat a bunch walking between fields. Yum!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
I tried to ride a bike yesterday. Thought this is a piece of cake, I'll take a short ride, maybe 10 minutes and that will be my exercise. Felt so strange and scary, all I could envision was me flat on the ground writhing in pain, so back to the stationary bike. I am so jealous but happy for you..........one day...sigh.
 
Hey, Jeff, I was just reading an article that says that during sex you burn off as many calories as running 8 miles.

I want to know who the hell runs 8 miles in 15 seconds?

I imagine some do when her husband comes home unexpectedly. 15 sexonds? how'd you wait so long? ;)


Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Good job riding your bike to the gym @JustJeff! My dad could never understand why I drove to the gym to run on a treadmill. Said it made more sense just to run to the gym and back. He has a point. My treadmill is now 16 years old and is finally falling apart. When I was a runner, I went through 3 pads on it. It was one I bought 1/2 price from Sears.

I have a rowing machine and an exercise bike. I don't think I will purchase another treadmill unless the kids will use it too. We have a 100 pound Golden Retriever and when I can walk distances without pain, I will take him out morning and night. I do think I will join the gym again once I am fully healed. I am hoping that my new passion will be spinning.
 
I never saw the logic to riding an exercise bike or walking on a treadmill on nice days. Besides I hate them because I'm easily bored. Actually doing things is much more fun.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom