Bilateral TKR JustJeff 4/9/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope the part was good @JustJeff - how did your knees hold up? I am about to take an Oxycodone and start my quest for sleep. I may be back on in 2.5 to 3.5 hours or perhaps I will break through and sleep until morning. I am hoping I will be up before my hubby so I can bring him a coffee for Father's Day.

Sweet dreams (with no screaming) :sleep:
 
.....after I take it or I may go on a shopping spree and not remember until UPS is at the door

I'll have to check and see if that is maybe my wife's excuse for all of her shopping!
[Bonesmart.org] JustJeff 4/9/14
 
@subbi1123. Thanks! They're very sweet!
@71Beetle. The party was outside and windy and chilly but the food and conversion were great. My knees were fine but I wasn't exactly running laps. :)
Soaking of that, I'm about to get out my motorized walker, do some laps around the back yard and mow my jungle. It rained all last week and the dogs are having trouble seeing where to go. :)

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
@JustJeff yes, they are sweet dogs...however being a pug mama, yes those - so - ugly - they - are - pretty dogs, it's difficult letting them play together. My Otis would be a snack for them and it makes me nervous. My other grand dog is a pit bull mix so no playing there either, too big and dopey, thinks he is a lap dog.
Have a Happy Father's Day and isn't there a rule no lawn mowing on Dad's day?
 
Hopefully you were able o sleep well after the party. I had a glass before bed and I feel asleep right away. Of course I still woke up but getting an average of 87-89% sleep efficiency which is about 7.5 hrs of sleep. Not bad I guess.
 
More days without the heavy meds and no iIl effects! I'm sleeping better too! Yay!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
So, my daughter, as you probably know, is a PT. Here's what this person who knows everything about injuries decides to take up in her spare time. ... (wait for it. ...)
Roller Derby! She gave me 2 season tickets for Father's day. She's only keeping score so far as she's learning the ropes, but I sure wish she just kept up with rock climbing and jumping out of perfectly good planes.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
So, does anyone know how long I have to be on iron pills and stool softeners?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
It is an individual thing, my guess would be you no longer need the iron pills. I had a tranfusion, and was never told to take iron. Iron = constipation in some. If every thing is working smoothly, you may not need the stool softner. You can call the OS office for what they think.
 
@JustJeff I wrote in another thread about my anemia. At 10 weeks post-op I had an appointment with my hematologist/oncologist (won't get into the reasons I see that kind of doctor here) and I told him about being given iron tablets, IV iron and shots of Procrit (supposed to stimulate red blood cell production). I was also given a prescription for a 30 day supply of iron tablets when I was discharged (3/day). He told me that anemia is common in major surgeries like this (and maybe more so in BTKR) and that anemia resolves itself over time. He just shook his head as my blood test records from the hospital and rehab showed they never even checked my iron levels. I have not taken any iron tablets since they ran out after 30 days at home and my latest test results are all in the normal range as far as anemia goes.

As someone else said, I never thought I would be talking and writing about bowel functions on a public forum. But, as far as stool softeners go I started to ease off them as I reduced my intake of the heavy drugs, and probably too soon as I believe I was very close to having an obstructed bowel. Fortunately, in the end I was able to work things out, so to speak. Once I was totally off the heavy stuff for sure (hydrocodone in my case) I stopped the stool softeners and have been "regular" ever since. I think if the stools are getting a little "loose" it is time to stop?
 
Good! I never needed a transfusion. They justcleaned my own blood and put it back. My wind is pretty good now and I'm off the heavystuff. I'm tired of seeing dark green.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
I remember watching Roller Derby on TV as a kid! When was the last time they did that, show a match on TV?
 
It died in the mid 70's, but a resurgence happened in the late 90s? These girls are just "normal" people, mothers, and the like.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom