Bilateral TKR JustJeff 4/9/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Tamsmom -
I had a bad skin reaction to the Oxycodone and took Benadryl along with other OTC allergy meds and prescription Prednisone. The Benadryl really knocked me out - very quickly. I was sleeping soundly after each dose both night and day, particularly since I had missed a lot of sleep because of the hives. Fortunately, stopping the Oxycodone and taking the Prednisone cleared up the skin condition, and I was happy to give up all the OTC allergy meds, including the Benadryl, as well. I'm back to my regular pre-op meds plus acetaminophen. I am sleeping better now and my "internals" have returned to normal. I do still wake up in the early AM for a bathroom break, and usually read or visit other BoneSmarties' threads until I fall asleep again several hours later.

I wish you all a good night's sleep!
 
Ack! @EmptyHands just 5 minutes ago I took Oxycodone for the first time. I hope my skin holds up!
I'm just curious if I can make it through the night for once.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
@JustJeff, forgot to wish you a Happy Newkneesversary! You ha e done really well through your recovery. I am at 5 weeks and two days. I still take Oxycodone before bed and when I wake up in the middle of the night. It is usually 3 to 3.5 hours after I fall asleep. I cannot get bak to sleep for at least an hour even though I take more Oxycodone. I take Tramadol during the day with Tylenol. I can't wait to get off the meds but with my next surgery on July 3rd I will likely stay on some sort of pain meds then ramp up again.

I hope you sleep well and have pleasant dreams.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Jeff, this is the first time for Oxy? That had been my go to drug for 2 months! I have a prescription for tramadol sitting in my pharmacy since yesterday obviously and that's not feel like I have enough pain because I have not been asked for it to be delivered. Yeah I've been working nine hours a day that might be why...


4/1/2014 TKR
 
Oh wait.. Strike that. I was taking oxy for quite a while but they switched me to Hydrocodone (vicodin.) This is what I just took. So that's the experiment for tonight. Is it so much to ask for a good night's sleep?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
Tramadol left me agitated. Without the pain meds for the first time this morning, all the pain (incision, IT Band, and cut quad) hit me at once. So, obviously I'm not ready to get off completely. Experiment was a success as now I know. I'll retest in a few weeks.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
I missed one scheduled pain medications today, I am not ready to cut back. Those soft tissues sure take a long time to heal.:sleeep:
 
Well dang, I thought Tramadol was going to be the bomb! I already get that restless leg feeling most nights


4/1/2014 TKR
 
As I thought Hydrocodone would help more. At least I didn't get that energy burst thing, but I slept from 10:30 to 1:30 and woke up with some incision pain. (My wife softly screaming in her sleep didn't help either.) At least I have something to do before I get drowsy again. :)
 
We could all be human lab rats for the pharmaceutical companies - that works, no that leaves me agitated, that makes me queasy. At least we can communicate better than those poor mice and rats.

I do hope all of you get things sorted out with the meds. Pain is just not fun!:blackcloud:
 
She took off from work, not feeling well and spent the entire day reading. Apparently her brain got the hint and placed her in the story.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
I just finished my sleep mode for the day, 12 hours after it began, with breaks of activity. It cane out to a total of 7.5 hours of sleep. At least I have the luxury of the time to make it up.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
@Tamsmom I do Benadryl. my docs says it is ok. some said they were taking two. I am only taking one. I don't quite know the magic. I am trying desperately to find out
 
I sleep for 4 to 6 hours, then am up for awhile, then back to sleep for another 2 to 3 hours. Just glad I am not working, and can nap or sleep in with out a problem. I take Norco and and a tramadol at bedtime, helps me with sleeping.
I really slept in this morning, DH went to the store and came home with me being none the wiser, :zzz:.
 
Down at 9:30, up at 11:30, now I'm beginning to get drowsy at 1:06. G'night sweet Smarties! TTY soon (probably about 4:30) :)
Remember when we hit the pillow and the next thing we knew it was 8 or so hours later, refreshed?
 
Remember when we hit the pillow and the next thing we knew it was 8 or so hours later, refreshed?

Not sure I can remember back that far!

It is like when I get asked how long my wife and I have been married and I tell people 24 years and I don't regret one day of it. Of course, as I've gotten older it has gotten tougher and tougher to remember exactly which day that was!

[Bonesmart.org] JustJeff 4/9/14
 
@Tamsmom, Sleep.....benedryl works getting me there but not keeping me there. Ambien works keeping me there but have to remember to shut computer right after I take it or I may go on a shopping spree and not remember until UPS is at the door. Scary stuff and petrified of getting too use to it because it does give me 5-6 hours of sleep.
@JustJeff ..Good looking dogs, my son is NYPD K9 and has two gorgeous GS's.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom