Bilateral TKR JustJeff 4/9/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, I think the Tylenol is more effective than the Tramadol. I have a busy day tomorrow, so I'll test it out tomorrow night.

I haven't had any problems with leg position. It seems that every position is comfortable. I'm so grateful for that. It means a great night's sleep.

At yesterday's wedding I spoke to my cousin's husband who is in definite need of tkr. My cousin was saying that she told him to do one at a time since having two done together is extremely difficult. They didn't know that I had a bilateral a little more than two months ago, and when I told them, they began to rethink this. I strongly recommended bilateral, and told them that although the first few weeks are difficult, it gets better fairly quickly AND there's no need for additional surgery.

Several times I caught them watching me walk. They were definitely surprised. :egypdance:
 
ROM! sigh. .. I saw a very beautiful young lady stretching in the park before running and after admiring her, I had to walk up and compliment her flexion. It was awesome!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Did she think you were crazy? LOL
 
Well, I explained myself and she congratulated me on recovering so fast and told me she was sure I'd catch up to her. ... then we went out for drinks and she invited me. .. (uh no.. the last bit I made up) :)

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
That's my story and I'm sticking to it! ; )

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
So here it is 12:41am, and I'm awake but getting drowsy. I why to bed at 10:00 but woke up with a fit of energy at 11:00. I remember the good ol' days when my head would hit the pillow and then it was morning.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
So here it is 12:41am, and I'm awake but getting drowsy. I why to bed at 10:00 but woke up with a fit of energy at 11:00. I remember the good ol' days when my head would hit the pillow and then it was morning.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Same with me tonight. Went to asleep right away at 10 but then woke up at 11. This time it's pain because I overdid it today. The Tylenol isn't t cutting it. Getting sleepy so I may try again. Too early to take more Tylenol. Tried icing again too.
 
So then I fell asleep and woke up at 6. I have a feeling a nap is in my future. Isn't it nice sharing our sleeplessness? :)

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
Today is my official 2nd month newkneesaversary! I still have the normal quad pain when climbing steps or going from sitting to standing. But I feel great. I can walk miles without pain, cook for a long time without exhaustion but have to keep moving. I can do all my normal functions like gardening and hauling heavy trash cans. I've been driving since the 3rd week.
I have a ton to be thankful for, especially you guys who have helped considerably! Thank you for sharing my jourknees!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
@JustJeff If you do go out to the driving range today, start slow, take it easy and don't fall!!

My knee feels a little more swollen and stiff than usual this morning and I did nothing yesterday, I guess it is just my knee reminding me that I am not fully in charge, yet.
 
Yep, Phil, that's my plan. I may not even use a wood today.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
I haven't gotten out to the range yet. It was drizzling when I had planned it . Now because of days with the lawn wet I'm waiting for the first instant when it's dry and then I'll mow. 1st priority.

First night without ANY pain meds! I did my normal (at this point of time) sleep at 9:30, wake up at 10:30, then sleep to 4, and catch up later.
I am feeling just barely a 1.5 pain at my patellae, but it didn't interfere with sleep.

With this good news, after a day completely off pain meds barring higher levels of pain, I think I can make it without from here on. Sleeping, however, without elevating has got to wait for more healing.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
On a completely different subject, my GSD Kira finally got to play with her brother Brock after 6 months of not having seen or smelling him as he is owned by my daughter's now ex boyfriend.
[Bonesmart.org] JustJeff 4/9/14


Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
Meanwhile, without taking anything last night, I feel really out of it. I can't concentrate, I feel tired but restless and I can't fall asleep. I wonder if this is a form of withdrawal?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
Meanwhile, without taking anything last night, I feel really out of it. I can't concentrate, I feel tired but restless and I can't fall asleep. I wonder if this is a form of withdrawal?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Try using just Tylenol at night. I'm not ready to give up Tylenol yet, maybe next week I'll cut back. I do sleep on my side mostly without any real pain. I actually stayed up later last night (11:30) but got up at the same time. But my sleep efficiency actually improved. So there is hope. I never went I bed early before surgery so that might be it for me.

Have PT this AM so there may be a nap in my near future. But feel pretty good right now.
 
Even with Tylenol, my only attempt at pain relief, I still have that restless felling in my legs in the evening and have the hardest time getting to sleep. Once I do, however, I am good 'til the wee hours when I have to get up to go to the bathroom. Then getting back to sleep is another challenge.
 
Do not be to worried Jeff. Lack of sleep is part of the package , but something tells me you already knew this !. You are doing great . And before you know it ,you will sleep 10 hours straight from all this lack of sleep now. You will make up for it . Trust me on this . Iceman
 
Sleep? What is that the only good sleep I get home about 5 AM to 6 AM

Does anyone take Benadryl to help? Or even Ambien? I've only take that out once and I felt like I laid my head on the bed and did not get up until morning, it was fabulous!

It was at least 1230 before I got to sleep last night and my husband's alarm went off at 5:30 and it was difficult to sleepwith him getting ready and heading out the door to drive to Omaha for a meeting.


4/1/2014 TKR
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom