Bilateral TKR JustJeff 4/9/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I know whT I will be asking for from my Dr on Monday! Tramadol!

Really stiff today, why does this happen to me in the weekends? I want so much to be half way productive and get sidelined.

Has the Belmont run yet?




4/1/2014 TKR
 
Well I know whT I will be asking for from my Dr on Monday! Tramadol!

Really stiff today, why does this happen to me in the weekends? I want so much to be half way productive and get sidelined.

Has the Belmont run yet?

4/1/2014 TKR

Yes, California Chrome came in 4th. Bummer
 
@JustJeff - nice to hear that we eventually get off the meds. I have been a bit cheeky thinking I could wean off. I am low on Tramadol and my OS' office was closed on Friday so I thought I could make them last. Boy was I wrong. I went to get my hair done and came home in complete pain - like second week pain! Took some Oxycodone and went to sleep. I have enough Tramadol to hopefully get through tomorrow and will get a new description on Monday. At least I still have Oxycodone left but I usually keep that for night time so I can get more sleep.
 
I'll eventually try to start sleeping with just Tylenol, but not yet until I get into a steady sleep pattern.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
Today we and my wife's visiting friends did the touristy thing and went to Jim Thorpe, PA, with lots of quaint shops nestled in an alpine valley in the Poconos. The main street goes up a fairly steep hill and I had no problem keeping up with no pain. Since my knees went bad this place had been a nightmare to walk. So another hurdle overcome!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
I think this is the best rave by my wife, who of course has been through all my pain, complaints and inability to function normally during my preoperative days. Before turning in for bed she said "today, waking around, you actually seemed like a normal human being."

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
I have been to Jim Thorpe PA! My hubby and I were stuck on Rte 209 for hours as they closed the road for a parade for Jim Thorpe Day!!! What a nightmare for us. We were driving home from Tennessee and decided to get off Rte 81 and take the scenic tour. My father in law always told us what a beautiful scenic ride it was. Between the leaf peepers and the parade it was about four hours of sitting on the mountain. I think he was looking down from heaven laughing at us! But I am very glad you enjoyed your day. You have done phenomenally well! What a success story. You and your wife can now enjoy your life!
 
Day 2 on Tramadol was as successful as day 1, although I woke for a bit at 2:30, which was probably out of habit. I'm back to elevating all night because I didn't like the idea of waking up with knee tissue pain. Now I have vicodin waiting for me at the pharmacy that my OS prescribed to come off of Percocet. I may try it one night but I believe the Tramadol is the final step to going drug free at night when I can.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
The Tramadol works great for me. I usually take one Tramadol and two Tylenol at 9:00 pm and it gets me through the night. I repeat this in the morning, and it gets me through the day. I'm about a week ahead of you.

I see this as being very close to the end of drugs, but I'm not rushing things. I'm doing everything I used too and enjoying every minute of it.
 
@Wenesday I'm not taking any meds except advil or Tylenol during the day, but I'm starting to skip those too with no issues.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
I'm using only Tylenol now and if I wake up at night and have to get up, I will take if it's due. My ROM isn't as good as yours so I'm not ready to give it up completely yet. But any pain/discomfort is manageable with the Tylenol. If I turn wrong with my knees at night, that's when I need it. Wish I could control that. LOL Sleep is progressively getting better. Less restless than before.
 
ROM! sigh. .. I saw a very beautiful young lady stretching in the park before running and after admiring her, I had to walk up and compliment her flexion. It was awesome!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
Yeah, @sleenie, I'm back (again) to elevating at night as it keeps my legs from reading on each other. By next week in going to try just Tylenol like you. I'll keep the Rx vicodin for something else in the future.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom