Bilateral TKR JustJeff 4/9/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never really had a itching problem , however I did have difficulty sleeping weeks and weeks into my rehab. Finally almost overnight I ended up sleeping like a baby . Now since ive been off work close to 4 months. I sleep 10 hours at night. I cant get up at 6 am any longer , like I have for 17 years. I need to figure it out very soon as I go back to work in about 1 week. Keep up the great work . Iceman
 
Now that's a problem I wish I had! Sleeping like a baby for 10 hours! Oh to dream. At least i can make up on lost sleep most mornings.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
Very interesting. Mine haven't started to itch yet, but I always run hot water over them because it feels so good. Do you use anything on your incision? (Like Vitamin E or something else)
 
I actually sit on the kitchen counter with my legs in the sink spraying them with the hottest water I can tolerate, it really works and it's easier to get on and off the counter than in and out of the bathtub! I also use arnica gel on them when they ache, it helps too.
 
@sleenie no. I'm not using anything on them but I don't notice any problems. I've only used sunblock. Do you think I should use Vitamin E?

@sibbi1123 I have a long shower hose nozzle, so I just jump in the stall and apply where I need it. Of course for hands and arms, it it arises, I just use the sink.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
Now that's a problem I wish I had! Sleeping like a baby for 10 hours! Oh to dream. At least i can make up on lost sleep most mornings.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
No kidding, I can't remember the last time I slept 8 hours... But I guess I am fiftysomething-year-old woman and we aren't supposed to be able to sleep


4/1/2014 TKR
 
I had my first new client yesterday since surgery. A 6 month bulldog. Easy, right? Wrong! Puppy from hell. Jumping, nipping not vicious but out of control! So instead of analysing the pup for a few minutes and the taking to the owners, I'm on the floor, twisting to keep up with the thing and not making headway as this dog was a puppy mill dog badly bred and completely abnormal. I'm thinking rolling on the floor, wrestling, this is the first easy client for my knees? I finally ruled the dog incorrigible. Shame that unscrupulous people misbreed these animals and others are more than happy to pawn them off to families who love then and then have to deal with the heartache.

After that I kayaked with a group in a lake for 2 hours. When I got home my body was tired but felt good.
I took 2 percocets (usually down to one) and slept soundly, all night!
But, I paid for it this morning. Pain all over the knees. Band pain in the left, quad pain in the right. Had trouble walking down the steps at first.
So I probably was sleeping one leg on another and slept so good I slept through the 2nd percocet of the night.
So I'm back to rest, ice and elevation this morning, working on catching back up to the pain.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
Thought for today
[Bonesmart.org] JustJeff 4/9/14


Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
Back last night to the wedge. It boggles my mind that I should wake up in pain just becauseone knee was on another sleeping on my side.
Otherwise, my OS thinks I should be cutting down on Percocet by prescribing Vicodin. Weird.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
I switched to Vicodin because it was shutting down my bowels, works OK for my knee. I am taking 10 mg every 4 hours.
Good Luck!


Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
 
Back last night to the wedge. It boggles my mind that I should wake up in pain just becauseone knee was on another sleeping on my side.
Otherwise, my OS thinks I should be cutting down on Percocet by prescribing Vicodin. Weird.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Mine switched me to Tylenol 3 wks after surgery when the muscle spasms created so much havoc. Hasn' t been bad, they seem to work. I can't sleep with one leg directly on top of another for long, but I put one right behind the other. Sometimes I use a small soft pillow under one knee but I try to avoid it.
 
My wife's girlhood friends came over for the first time so we drove over to Bethlehem to walk around. This is the first time in 7 years that I could walk up and down hilly main st. with no problems! Yay!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
@JustJeff, I saw in another thread you switched from Percocet to Tramadol and got a full night's sleep. That's terrific. I weaned myself off the hydrocodone by splitting my 10/325 pills in half and taking half at bed time and the other half around 3:00AM when I would awake from the discomfort. Then a couple of weeks ago I switched to bed time only and now I am off the hydrocodone in total. All I take is typically 6 Tylenol a day and except for the two at bedtime not on any particular schedule. In fact, other than at bedtime I am not sure I even need them.

Another couple of weeks and you'll be off the hard stuff and you can get back to the real "hard stuff". :)

[Bonesmart.org] JustJeff 4/9/14
 
@JustJeff just popping in to see how you are. Hope your day is going good. I just watched your video! How very cool! Yea you!!!
~~hopefaith
 
I took it lady night and slept all night! Stay tuned for night two, Hope.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
Tramadol is great. Took my last one from the hospital over a week ago and slept well. Trying to stick with Tylenol. My sleep is slowly improving. Hopefully it stays that way so I don't have to ask for more.

So glad it worked for you. A good night's sleep helps with recovery, both physically and mentally.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom