THR Just got back yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh wonderful! Thank you so much, my friend!
 
You seem to have had a rough ride on the way to getting better. Has made me realise how lucky I was. Hope things are better for you now. Whatever happened to haggis lady?
 
Hi Kildaliz

Incurred an infection once I left hospital which has been a pain but is drying up daily, due to go to th doc's tomorrow, the hospital called to advise not to worry that the result from the doc's shows me all clear.
Actually managed to sleep on my operated side for a while last night but didn't want to push it.
Small twinges here and there but nothing ott, into my third week and not expecting miracles, out for a short walk today round the scheme.
Nancy/Haggis Whisperer incurred a dental problem just before her op and had to cancel, she now has a new date on the 8th April which isn't to far off.
Were about are you in bonnie Scotland KIldaliz or is the name a give-away.
 
I work on St Kilda. I live on South Uist. Had my op in Glasgow Gartnavel. Gold Star service. I cannot fault a thing. Walking is a bit of an issue. We don't have pavements around the village so I haven't been out much but I have a very long hall and I am walking up and down a lot as my bedroom is at the top. I am hoovering and stuff like that. I just look on it as a crutch (the hoover!).The weather has not been that good but hopefully in the next week I'll go out a bit more. A hooley for tomorrow though so I will be tucked up with a book. Love your part of the world and visit Edinburgh a lot. Galleries etc. and the Mosque for a meal. Best in the world!
 
For some unknown reason I felt a bit tired today so didn't venture outdoors, bit of a downer not having any pavements but it is beautiful were you stay.
Glad you enjoy your visits to Edinburgh and if we bump into each other with a bit of a waddle give me a call.
Take care Kildaliz :THUMB:
 
Sorry Jo technical hitch It is Kildaliz who stays in south uist who doesn't have pavements so for her to go out a walk is a bit of a mission.
 
:yes 4: Thank you, thank you!!!! Forbesy....I so appreciate your new signature!
 
Didn't do a lot today just a short walk to the shops, to busy overseeing my small extension at the back of the house.
Icing my hip more often as instructed and not having to take many pain killers at all really, my knee is slightly sore at times when I do go for a walk but not a severe pain.
Anyone tell me when I can go for a bath do I have to wait until after the eight week period.
 
Normally your doctors will clear you for a bath once your incision is totally healed. Many times that comes at a 6-week check-up appointment.
 
My incision was healed fine at my 6 week check and I was cleared for swimming but I'm still not allowed to have a bath yet because of the getting down too low. :tantrum2:

It's funny because I very rarely use the bath normally but how I'm longing for a nice relaxing soak because I've been told I can't! :scratch:

Fingers crossed for you getting the nod Forbesy
 
What I would do for a bath when I am eventually permitted one don't think I will come out for a week.:rolleyespink:
Starting to feel better as each day passes and although my stiffness is still in my back it has loosened off slightly.
Feel my strides are getting longer when walking and had a good day overall.
:THUMB:.
 
I managed to have my first bath at about 6 weeks. Like you I couldn't wait to have a long hot soak. My worry was that once I got in I wouldn't be able to get out!! I waited till I had my hubby and strapping strong son at home in case they neede d to haul me up!! In the event I was able to get up fairly easily without breaking the 90 degree restriction. Not long to wait now Forbsey. It will be worth the wait.
Cathy
 
I've been thinking about risking it but too scared. Have visions of getting stuck and having to be hauled out in an undignified manner! Going to hang on just yet I think.....how are you Cathy? Not 'seen' you much on here. Too busy gallivanting I hope? :0)
 
I'm hoping to go swimming this week. The O.T. is coming to collect high chair, toilet and shower seat tomorrow. The only worry like everyone else is slipping. Hoping to persuade my friend to go with me as helper! Haden't given the bath a thought but I might give it a go this week
 
A lot of people where I go wear rubber 'jelly' shoes which might help with slipping. I find that it's my crutch that is slippery more than my feet though. The other nuisance is that the benches in the changing rooms are too low if you are still on a 90 degree restriction. It's great to do exercises in the water though - have a good time.:biggrin:
 
Just back from aquarobics. Tired but feeling good. I find the hardest thing is drying my foot on the operated side and then trying to get a sock on a damp foot!!!:th_heehee:
Cathy
 
I'm still mostly sock free and slip on shoes for ease. Lassoo-ing the trousers over op leg is my biggest challenge, especially without getting them wet from the floor!!
 
Lassooing your trousers lisa who do you think you are Wyatte Earp :th_heehee:
Still enjoying my showers and at the four week recovery period can climb up and down the stairs gradually and don't rely heavily on my walking sticks.

Wish I had got a high chair Kidaliz, I feel this stupid big bit of sponge they provided doesn't support my back and I end up with a stiff back as night time approaches. Walked along to the father in laws today and sat in one of his supported seats and felt the difference.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom