THR Just got back yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep....turned cowboy!!! Hopefully won't be long before my 90 degree restriction is up and can get my trews normally.
 
Won't be long now Lisa hang in there. :THUMB:
 
I had everything but the sponge for my back....toilet seat, shower seat and my grabbit which was handiest thing ever but didn't get a sponge! Green cheese. They phoned me yesterday to say they won't take stuff back till April because that's how long hospital thought I would need them.
 
The sponge isn't for my back Liz it's for sitting on as my couch is soft and low, Isn't very comfortable either honest.:rolleyespink:
Had a lazy day today and felt a bit tired, one of they days I am afraid.
So were does all that stuff of yours come from Kilda with being on Uist is there a small hospital that delivers the equipment or does it come from the main island.
 
Five weeks in on Tuesday feeling not to bad but still a bit stiff, going out for walks still and doing my exercises mostly and icing.
Climbing up and down stairs very slowly and fancy giving this massage business a try.
Surely can't be long before I can have a bath. Oh for a bath.
 
You'll be in that bath soaking for so long you'll end up like a prune.....won't be long now. Do you have bubbles??? Got some special celebratory ones to use??
 
Radox as it relieves muscular pains, think I will get me a nice cool can of Stella to celebrate and have it while I am having my bath.

Oh Heaven. :LOLL:
 
Her indoors wouldn't trust me I would probably fall asleep and set the house on fire. :snork:
 
You could make do with a torch propped up on the cistern lol

When is your 6 week check? I'm sure I'll get the all clear at my next appt which will be 30 Mar. I'm banking on being able to get off this high 'throne' as well.....I'm desperate to lounge on my really comfy (but low) settee .
 
The Comhairle has a brilliant O.T. dept and everything was in place when I got back home. It's a glorious day today so the beach is calling for me and Archie (the dog). Archie came from Libberton, hope I've got the spelling right. He was nearly two when he came and he is the love of our lives! Apart from the kids of course. I just feel so good. Still a bit sore but nothing paracetamol won't sort. The Throne has gone but the cat likes the high seat!
 
Do you mean Liberton in Edinburgh Kildaliz, great to hear you were down the beach, I went down for a walk to the other side of the Inch today and sprayed some of my tiles out the back as I have had some work done as I am getting a small extension and they were all cement.
Got the son in law to do the heavy lifting though.
 
Thats the very place. The beach was glorious but it's very cloudy today. Had a great afternoon in the garden. whats the Inch
 
Thats the district where I live in Edinburgh just about a mile down the road from Liberton, wish I stayed close to a beach, my wife is getting itchy feet and would like to move house.
 
My neighbour is from Leith and when he called up yesterday to use my net (long story) he explained where Inch was. Friends of ours who live in Norway have bought a house in Musselborough, Iain loves his golf! Portobello looks like a nice place for a grandbairn. Our Samantha is 6 and is coming for her Easter holidyas on the 1st. Lovely chaos from then on. Off to the beach again at 11. Hope everyone has a good day.
 
Queer six weeks in on tuesday and I am starting to get a slightly sore knee nothing that causes me constant pain as I was down at Portseton today and also felt a bit of swelling just above my new hip.
Hopefully this will be me adjusting as well and everything will calm down soon. :scratch:
 
Perhaps you've done a bit too much ? It seems to be quite tricky getting the balance right. Do the rest,ice,elevate and meds thing and hopefully you'll be back on track.

Won't be long before you are allowed back in your bath!!
 
6 weeks is early forbesy! Of course there is still swelling and aches and pains. You are getting more mobile and all the muscles and soft tissue are complaining. Ice when you can and allow time for rest between activities. You are doing well!
 
I'm also still coping with a sore knee. I ice and rest as much as I can but as Lisa said it's hard to get the level of activity just right. I either seem to do too much or not enough!!
Cathy
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom