Guest viewing is limited

June Sunbeams 2013 - Are you having knee surgery in June?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Elisea I couldn't have said it better! The thread is called Pre-op Smarties concerned with pain control or something like that!
 
This is going to be a silly question... but for those of us with long hair- not the kind that you just brush and go and it looks good... do I just wear a bun the whole time in hospital? I probably spend 45 minutes a day getting my hair to look decent for work... hot curlers... clips... etc etc... when I wear it down... so in the hospital I will not be doing that and I know my hair is going to look like you know what. What do they do with your hair during surgery? Can I put it into a bun using plastic bobby pins as I know they do not want you to wear any metal. Thanks for suggestions for such a silly VAIN question!:umm:
 
for those of us with long hair

Great question.
Start a new Pre-Op Thread so more members and lurkers will see your question! :)

You are allowed many Pre-Op threads, (only one Post-Op so we can follow your journey), so please do start another thread in pre-op regarding what to do with hair. :ok:
 
This is going to be a silly question... but for those of us with long hair- not the kind that you just brush and go and it looks good... do I just wear a bun the whole time in hospital? I probably spend 45 minutes a day getting my hair to look decent for work... hot curlers... clips... etc etc... when I wear it down... so in the hospital I will not be doing that and I know my hair is going to look like you know what. What do they do with your hair during surgery? Can I put it into a bun using plastic bobby pins as I know they do not want you to wear any metal. Thanks for suggestions for such a silly VAIN question!:umm:


I have long hair, and the same problem..takes me forever to get it looking human. When I went to the hospital, right before surgery they just stuffed it up into one of those paper surgical caps. When I came out of surgery, the cap was off.

My hair was the LAST thing I was concerned with when I was in the hospital. I just brushed it every morning and let it hang loose. It actually didn't look bad at all.

When I got home, my hubby helped me do my hair. He actually blow drys, and flat irons pretty well now!!
 
This is going to be a silly question... but for those of us with long hair- not the kind that you just brush and go and it looks good... do I just wear a bun the whole time in hospital?
I really cannot answer that, as I do not have much hair, and the hair that I have is cut to the scalp---not shaved, but darn close!:snork:

My hair was the LAST thing I was concerned with when I was in the hospital.
:iagree: Now this is an excellent point---you will not worry about what you look like---you will have other things to do---PT, OT, and sleep---not to mention that, if you are like me, you will spend most of your early days in a drug-induced haze due to the pain meds.

You will be in the early days of recovery---and you do not need to worry at all about your hair.
 
I will be having my surgery for both knees on June 28th. Please add me to the June Sunbeams. Thanks.
 
Gazelle if you are worried about your hair post-op you will be a very lucky lady! My hair is chin length but when I don't feel good or get busy I end up putting it in a ponytail. You just need to put your hair in a scrunchy. No pins needed. Hey! how about having hubby give you some nice braids! Then you won't have to worry. The nurses might call you Heidi for a couple days but at least you will have your hair out of your face and not getting tangled in the oxygen thingy.
 
Josephine is there anyway to have the monthly list of surgeries located somewhere on the website so you can just click on it... and for example the May Marvels list comes up? I think it might make it easier to offer support if we could bring that up when we log on instead of fairly randomly coming across those who need support and who have just gotten home.
Jamie bottomshollow ?
Thank you!!!
 
You can easily find the list of surgeries by clicking on either the hip or knee pre-op forum tab. That will take you to the index and we keep 3 months worth of surgery threads there as "stickies"....meaning they are right at the top of the index. A post early in the thread should list all the surgeries. Unfortunately any list like that must be prepared and maintained manually by one of our staff members. We have a couple of folks who have volunteered to do that...it's fairly labor intensive. But so far, it's been working pretty well, I think.

Once you take a look at this means to get to the list, please tell me if you think there is a better way to do it. We're always interested in suggestions to make the forum better.
 
Brownie51, I take care of the hip surgery list. I always bring the list over when the next page comes up so that it is not difficult to locate. 1ELISEA takes care of the knee surgery list. Her list is usually on the first page of the thread.
 
I will be having my surgery for both knees on June 28th. Please add me to the June Sunbeams. Thanks.


Welcome scaredinCA! I am having Bilateral as well--- here coming up on June 4..... and I am scared also...:sad: here in Washinton State! This site is wonderful! I am so thankful for my Bonesmart friends and all the information here... it has helped me so much in preparing for my surgery. I hope we can become friends!:)
 
Add me to the group please. I am having a LTKR June 6th and am trying to keep calm and stop myself from getting on the next plane to anywhere.
 
:SUNsmile: add me to the sunbeams :SUNsmile: June 3rd is the date :SUNsmile:

So just over 1½ weeks of notice after all of these years - but good to get the date at last:egypdance:
 
Puffin,
You finally have a date :happydance: :yahoo: :spin:My surgery is the same day! Welcome to the
June Sunbeams :SUNsmile: a wonderful group of people looking for a pain- free life.
Take Care,
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
Thanks - so glad to have a date at last :happydance: - but it all seems very sudden now
 
Hi Puffin,
I think sudden is a good thing, not to much time to worry about anything :ok:
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom