Guest viewing is limited

June Sunbeams 2013 - Are you having knee surgery in June?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Brownie..I laughed when I read your post about feeling like a patient when you looked down at your naked toenails! I know exactly what you mean..my pre surgery book says NO polish, not even clear,on fingers or toes going into surgery..so..I have painted my toenails Bright RED..and intend to keep them like that until the night before my surgery date..which is one day after yours..we'll be recuperating together! :flwrysmile:
 
Well, it's official: got a letter informing me that my insurance company looked at my charts, X-rays and MRI and agreed all components of my left knee are shot, so my LTKR is officially covered. (of course, within its usual & customary fee guidelines & limits, which were no problem last year; and I've hit my deductible, hallelujah). They also are willing to buy whatever durable medical equipment i don't already have--only things i can think of are wheelchair (probably unnecessary once I'm home) and wheeled walker in case my Rollator doesnt do the job. (May use the Rollator to catch a bit of Taste of Chicago Monday or Tuesday--and it'll be my chance to try public transit since the two train stations have escalators & elevators).

Had loads of fun (and a sizable and appreciative audience) doing my concert down in the St. Louis suburbs Tuesday, followed by three very productive days in the studio. Unfortunately, I will have to cancel my June 21 showcase because the rehab center in Skokie won't furlough me for the evening to cab it to & from the bar in Chicago. So my next performance (except for my fellow patients in "the joint," pun intended) will be a radio show July 9, for which my singing partner will drive down from Madison and ferry me. It will stream live, so message me for the URL and time. (no explicit self-promo links allowed here, right, moderators)?

May post once or twice pre-op, but more likely the next time you'll hear from me I will be on "the other side," before the femoral block wears off. Wednesday, here I come!
 
Dulcimer Diva. Good Luck on Wednesday!! I'll be joining you on Friday. Don't try to get to overly ambitious with that new knee.
I'll be checking on your progress!
 
Just got my surgery scheduled! I'm having my right knee replaced on June 21st and my left knee on August 2nd (do we have an August group yet :) )

Hi Pjmartin
I added you to the August list.
You are the first one!
How are you doing?
Please do start your own thread and let us know! :)

HOW TO START A THREAD
 
Minor setback: my first choice of rehab centers called this morning to tell me they can only wait-list me. Insurers usually cover 10 days for unilateral joint replacements and 14 for bilaterals; but this place has only 28 beds (all private rooms), takes only joint replacement patients, and its clientele (given its upscale suburban neighborhood) is affluent enough that several single-joint patients have opted to go out-of-pocket for the extra days. So I'm going to its sister facility in a suburb bordering Chicago (they are holding a bed for me, I called). It's twice the size, has some long-term cognitive-impairment residents and stroke and hip-fracture patients as well as us "jointies," is on a busy arterial (noisier, especially its patio), is almost all semi-private rooms (not all of them deluxe) and has a smaller parking lot. But it's closer both to home and Bob's South Side hospitals & offices (he'll be visiting after hours), and a shorter bus ride for Gordy to visit me. And it has better food and Prairie/Mission style decor rather than the usual nursing home interiors. No K-cup machine, however--for real coffee I'll be at the mercy of what happens to be in the air-pots at the cookie station. (Say a little prayer for me to resist those cookies & brownies)!

See you in the Recovery area Wed. night or Thurs. morning!
 
Lots of great information here. Thanks to all who share their experiences.
Having my TKR on Friday, June 21.
I've had both knees scoped with limited success. I've been putting this off far too long and, now that I've made the decision, can't wait. I need to do both knees, but will do one at a time.

Bill
 
kneeb123, Please start a thread of your own in the Knee Replacement Pre Op forum. Here is the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

You will receive the attention to your concerns and questions that you deserve by doing this. I look forward to your first post.
 
Lots of great information here. Thanks to all who share their experiences.

Having my TKR on Friday, June 21.

I've had both knees scoped with limited success. I've been putting this off far too long and, now that I've made the decision, can't wait. I need to do both knees, but will do one at a time.



Bill
Welcome to the forum---hey, Bill, why don't you begin your own thread and let us know more about yourself?
 
Got a call yesterday switching me to Tuesday, June 25 instead of Wednesday, June 26th. One less day to be anxious!
 
Welcome to the forum---hey, Bill, why don't you begin your own thread and let us know more about yourself?

Thanks, Tim. I'm not sure where I should start a thread. Point me in the right direction, please, and I'll tell you all more about Bill
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom