Guest viewing is limited

June 2012 - Are You Having Hip Surgery In June?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone heard from RevMike please?
 
I had a left THR on the 5th of June, so I suppose this qualifies me for this thread :) .

I had it done at RPA in Sydney and I can not say enough great things about the doctors, nurses and other staff there. They were friendly and professional and genuinely concerned about my recovery. Although, it may have to do with the 'novelty' factor I presented. I'm 29 and many of the younger nurses said I was the youngest/or one of the youngest patients they had seen in that ward.

I started hydrotherapy last week which was great. I'm used to being quite active and it felt really good to just move around! I am currently on one crutch and able to amble a few hundred meters without too much pain.

Anyway, I just wanted to share a little a bit about myself as I've found in very educational, inspirational & motivational reading everyone else's stories. Tomorrow will be 3 weeks post op and I've been trying to just stay patient (generally not easy for me :sigh:) and send positive vibes to my body to help it heal as fast as it can!
 
Hello, Bee, and welcome to the forum. So pleased that you've joined us here. And so wonderful that you are doing so well post op. Please start your own thread in the hip replacement recovery area. You will see a black oblong at the top right hand side of the page that says "Post New Thread"--when you click on it, it will open a dialogue box. You determine a title and then proceed to tell us a little about yourself.
The advantage of having your own thread is there is a place for you to express your concerns and ask your questions, and all us other BoneSmarties can find you to post to. Most members will not be looking in the "are you having surgery in June" thread for other members.
Looking forward to your first post in your thread.
 
Hi bottomshollow - I wasn't planning to have my own thread, but I will now and hope it will help others.
 
Hi Bee

Welcome to BoneSmart, I am an Aussie!

You sound as though you are doing very well. I look forward to your thread in the Recovery section of the forum.
 
It's been one week and I am feeling good. The home care nurse says everyday will get better. I had an infection and I spent an extra day in the hospital. The swelling has gone down drastically, however, I am having difficulty sleeping.
 
Hello,Joyous, and
[Bonesmart.org] June 2012 - Are You Having Hip Surgery In June?
. So pleased that you've joined us here. And so wonderful that you are doing so well post op.
​
Please start your own thread in the hip replacement recovery area. You will see a black oblong at the top right hand side of the page that says "Post New Thread"--when you click on it, it will open a title box. You determine a title, type it in, and then drop down to the dialogue box and proceed to tell us a little about yourself.​
The advantage of having your own thread is there is a place for you to express your concerns and ask your questions, and all us other BoneSmarties can find you to post to. Most members will not be looking in the "are you having surgery in June" thread for other members. ​
[Bonesmart.org] June 2012 - Are You Having Hip Surgery In June?
Lack of sleep is a common problem after hip surgery--it can last from 2 to 4 months--depending on the individual. You just have to catch cat naps off and on during the day to make up for lack of sleep at night. And make plans for reading, watching mind numbing TV, working puzzles, or getting online and coming to the forum to pass the time when you can't sleep. And don't stress over it, it all comes back to "normal" sooner or later.
​
Looking forward to your first post in your thread.
[Bonesmart.org] June 2012 - Are You Having Hip Surgery In June?
​
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom