TKR Judlepip has Turned a Corner!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @Nana moon 27. Doing just fine thanks! I managed to do an hour on a treadmill (at the gym) today! Really enjoyed it. How's things with you? Abscess gone and knee behaving I hope?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
@Jozilla. Collected one pair today, but the blue ones I posted pic of still haven't arrived! However, I bought a new dress today and am so pleased with it. Size 14 (I used to be a 12 :( !). But I'll get there, I hope. It's a 'just below the knee' style and I hope the legs can stand the exposure after all these months in trousers! Feelin' good!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Hello @Judlepip - glad to hear that I am not the only one on here that has the spending gene!
I got a lovely dress when I was out on Saturday, in Cos - whose clothes I love. It's for the summer and is and 'A' line, navy almost black, sleeveless shift that comes just below the knee on me. The nice thing is that the hem has about 6 inches of 'burnt out' horizontal stripes - so you can just see my knees through the see thru bit .... but only skin, no scar detail or unusual shape! I bought several bagsful of clothes but won't bore you with a blow by blow account of each item.
Sadly the pounds have piled on here too. 13 weeks doing nothing have taken their toll. After a laxative overdose in hospital I dropped so much weight until I got my gut under control again, and although I still haven't got a huge appetite ....... eating is just something different to do, and a quick sugar fix in the afternoon my reward for a good day. However, with husband going away for the next 10 days I have bitten the bullet. On Friday COOK! are delivering me their week of OMG food pots. 14 frozen pots that cook straight from the freezer in the oven or microwave. 1 for lunch and 1 for supper each day and all under 400 cals a pot and they look yummy. It translates to 4500 cals per week for your main meals, you just factor in breakfast, drinks and snacks. I'll let you know how it goes ......... I have just done my Ocado order which I have filled with fruit and veg, and some very low cal snacks, so there is no excuse (unless I reach for the phone and order a takeout!) I am already feeling quite holy :angel:.

Hope everyone has a good evening
X
 
Hi @dogwheels - and anyone else whose weight has suffered since TKR. I've 'taken a leaf from your book' (what a strange saying - origin anyone?!) and, instead of Cook, I bought some M&S's Count on us, under 400 calories and three packs for £8, and I'm starting today! Actually I've done a 500 cal fast today, as in the 5:2 diet, which sadly doesn't work for me. I find the odd fast day sets me off well though. I'm determined to lose this extra weight (sigh, how often have I said that!). I'd be interested in how you get on and we could compare notes!

Managed only 3 miles today, and that just trogging around and about, but will try to fit in more tomorrow - counting calories and walking MUST see some results. Knee behaving fairly well. Where's everyone today? I must look on @nana Moon 2's thread. Hope you're all doing well.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Good evening @Judlepip - I am so glad that you also use the term 'trogging about' - one of my 'isms' too. Good thinking on the M and S meals. I've had them before and they are very tasty. The big attraction for me with the Cook! ones was that I could buy a week's worth in one go and they would go straight in the freezer. I am not really up to going out food shopping at the moment (thank goodness for Ocado and Cook!) and given I am a bit of a 'captive audience' at present, I am hoping that this will mean I cannot cheat!
Enjoy your evening
X
 
Hello @Judlepip - good luck with your weight loss efforts...I will be interested to see how I do in this area. I lost weight when I went grain and sugar free 2 years ago and it's stayed off that whole time with very little effort but that is also as I cook 80% of what I eat. Sugar is in very nearly everything that comes in a container! They put sugar in chicken stock...seriously, why on earth?

My new husband is...hmmm...shall we say quite good at microwaving fake food or ordering pick up? I will make sure to make more than I think I need of prefixed food prior to my op!

At any rate - all the best to you!
 
I thought that if I went on a wheat free diet I would lose some weight, but I didn't count on a huge box of Turkish delight my son brought back from Istanbul, and the fact that my husband doesn't like Turkish delight - so no weight loss yet then. The Cook idea seems to be a good idea, but you do need a husband to go away for that to work, I don't think mine will.
Sorry, can't stop long tonight, I'm supposed to be packing to go to Lincolshire first thing tomorrow morning. I'll be away until Tuesday, I don't know if there will be internet access, I've paid for extra data allowance as I used all of mine up when I was on Anglesey, but if there's no signal I will be stuck!
 
Hi @Judlepip, after surgery I lost nearly a stone I weight woohoo. Now boo, it's all back on with interest. None of my work clothes fit. They are a full size too small. I found out when I went to wear something smart out of my wardrobe, to go into our HR department to take my sick note in. I was extremely upset. I'm over it now. I'm telling myself that when I can be more active minus pain and in a better mental state, I'll shift the weight again. I lost two stone In the twelve months prior to surgery. That was with Slimming world. It's the easiest diet but I can't seem to motivate myself. Therefore, I've ordered a couple of next size up things, I managed to find a size 16 dress in the back of my wardrobe that I refused to throw away because it was expensive and a classic military design that never really goes out of fashion. Thank goodness I kept it. I'm not majorly overweight but this excess hampers my Asthma and my knees.

Anyway, I wish you good luck with your healthy eating plan and I'm sure with the amount of walking that you do, it's going to come off nicely. Well done you x x x x x love Nana moon 27 xxxx
 
Hi all! Another milestone for me today - I drove 50+ miles. This is to ensure I can do it when I go to meet daughter in a couple of weeks' time! I did it! Was a little sore so hubs drove back, but I could have driven back myself. (I was very tired when we got home though!).
@Nana moon 27. I think I also lost weight after surgery too, but before I could enjoy it Christmas came along! Ruined all my loss! It's just continued to worsen since. Depressing isn't it. Can't that classic style dress of yours be altered? (Once you lose, that is! And you WILL!). Sorry about the asthma. xx


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Well do e on your drive. That's brilliant news that you managed it. I am so pleased for you xxxxx
 
Well done on the drive @Judlepip .
My Cook meals were delivered today and I have downloaded their suggested order of eating. Starting in earnest on Sunday when the remnants of naughty food in the fridge are finished up - I was good though and had a Waitrose Light Pasta veggie meal I found lurking in the freezer this evening.
Enjoy your weekend.
X
 
Well done for making a start @dogwheels! Me too. I've started on the M&S ones and today had a healthy low cal of my own recipe at only 270 cals. How much do you want to lose? I've at least 1/2 stone to go :(. M&S have suggested menus too and I've downloaded them! Snap! The weekends are the hardest do good luck to us both!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Good morning @Judlepip - well done you! I have foregone the usual biscuits with my coffee, and am feeling very righteous. Expect all my good intentions will go out of the window today as my daughter is coming over later and 3 mins walk from her is the most wonderful Swiss patisserie ...... I will say no more.
Cannot truly say how much I want to lose as I do not possess scales! I work on the premise of clothes fitting well/tight/loose. Thankfully, currently everything still fits, but I have a sneaky suspicion that when those Capris come out from last year they may have 'shrunk' in storage!!!!!
I lost so much weight post op as I was on the loo every half an hour for about 10 days. Not the best way to lose weight, but I liked the way it improved all the bits that had got a little more rounded over the winter months!
We shall see - a little bit off would be very nice!
Enjoy your weekend and talk later
X
 
End of day @dogwheels. How was the Swiss patisserie? I'm sure you enjoyed the day anyway with your daughter. I've been SO good! I walked 3 miles with a Leslie Sansone DVD on my computer and then, feeling full of energy, I went to a gym and did an hour using treadmill and ski machine. I'm still counting calories and hope to be able to keep it up! It's much easier to walk that way as it's in the flat. I find walking out more difficult as I'm watching for every bump or crack in the path. How's it gone today?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Hi @Judlepip - daughter had a lay in as she has had a very busy week at work (12 hours overtime) so no gooey cake - she drove straight over. The weight loss fairy must have been watching over me! Had the first of my Cook meals tonight which was very yummy followed by some water melon (mmmm....... love it).
Gosh - you are putting us all to shame with your walking. Good point with the treadmill being safer than rough ground, though. I'll bear that in mind when I am allowed to do more in that department.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
X
 
Hello all. How's it going with everyone? I'm doing ok now. Feel as if, if this knee gets no better, I could live with it. However. I'm sure it has a way to go now and will improve. But for those of you some way behind me; 5.5 months and I rarely have pain now, just stiffness, and I can do more and more. Lots of walking with no ill effects. Hurry and catch me up!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
It's so great that you are doing well now, you are giving us all hope. I find the treadmill not only safer, but somehow it makes me walk properly as well. Hopefully when I get home tomorrow I can get into a routine of hydrotherapy first thing in the morning and then the gym in the afternoons. Keep up the good work, well done!
xxxxLyn
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom