TKR Judlepip has Turned a Corner!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @Judlepip just thought pop in and say hi. I am 11 weeks in and I have had a number of problems with my recovery. The doc has just given me four more weeks off. I need it. He has referred me back to the OS (orthopaedic surgeon!) I am paying for private physio as the NHS discharged me, even though my knee was still bent . He was mortified. He said no wonder I'd got back and hip ache. Im walking with a slight twist and limp because my knee still has five degrees to go until it Is straight. So Im slightly down on one side. This is what finally made my GP refer me back to the OS. As for lack of sleep I have the same and being down a lot of the time that's me too and loads of others on this site x x x x
 
Hello @Judlepip - how are you doing? Things are a bit quiet on NanaMoon's site while she is away, so I thought I would pop by and say 'Good Morning'.
Most of the folks that had their knees done around the same time as me are getting back to normal and doing a lot more, so are not posting as frequently. That should include me, as I was just getting back to some sort of normality when a couple of weeks back disaster struck, my knee seized up and I have had to go right back back to the beginning again - as far as bending is concerned:hairpulling:. So while I am sitting here, resting with ice on my knee, what better than to have a quick check and see who is online?
It was quite a foggy start here in SW London this morning - very Autumnal. I wonder what all the plants will think of this weather? My daughter has a fuschia in full bloom in her garden - so goodness knows what the mild winter has done to its growing cycle! Never mind, everyone thinks we will be in for a lovely hot summer - I certainly hope so! A beautiful English summer with a new knee that works - that was my plan and hopefully that's what I will have.
Anyway - this was just a quickie. Talk later
X
 
Good morning @dogwheels. That's very nice of you to 'call me up'! We have the sun in Kent, it's a perfect looking day and I plan to go into Canterbury - 'ON MY OWN' -like a big girl! A new knee that works, sounds very nice - I wonder! Sorry to hear of your setback. I hope you soon pick up again. I stopped icing a month or so ago - I on dear if I should still be doing so?! Who knows. Hope you feel more comfortable, ice pack on knee, and have an ok day!
 
How lovely - a trip to Canterbury. Do they still have a big market there? When I was a little girl (a long long time ago!) we used to go to Cliftonville nr Margate, every single year for our holidays - and I seem to remember a market at Canterbury. When this knee improves I am planning on a trip to Canterbury as I have ancestors that were French Huguenots and I want to see the Huguenot chapel that I believe is near there.
As for the ice - it is for swelling and/or pain, so if all is OK on that score then icing is not necessary. Having said that, I think I will keep my trusty cryo cuff dusted down and ready for action for some time to come. From what I have read on here, ice is still most people's first remedy when they have overdone it, no matter how far on in their recovery.
Have fun and take care!
X
 
Hello again. Well, the market is on a few days I think in the main street. Is that what you remember? I was not successful on my trip sadly! My knee was painful and swollen before I started, so I should have known! I had to call husband and ask him to meet me at bus stop as I couldn't face the very short walk home alone! I got home and ICED! My shopping efforts failed too as I couldn't find what I wanted, but did manage to order some loose and stretchy trousers in M&S! I'm wearing stretchy trousers more and more now as the normal ones are mainly tight and uncomfortable on the knee - sigh! See you later! :)
 
Sorry your trip wasn't exactly as planned - but what you did sounds good to me! I had been given the all clear by my OS to drive, a fortnight ago- but before I had an opportunity to do so, disaster struck - so I am a bit confined to barracks. However, I have made up for lost time with online retail therapy!
My physio says although I'm OK to drive (I'm a leftie and have an automatic) she wouldn't advise it for another couple of weeks until I am comfortable sitting in the car again. I am back to fidgeting to find a comfy spot in the car, and that is not ideal when you are supposed to be concentrating on your driving! I cannot wait to get to the shops again - I have withdrawal symptoms.
Hopefully the trousers you ordered will be comfortable for you. I have lived in dresses since the op, and once the dreaded 6 week TED deadline expired and I shed those hideous stockings, have been wearing leggings and tunics. Thankfully because my knee has been so bad for so long, most of my trousers have been stretchy to accommodate the 'swell factor'.
Well I am off for yet another session of hydrotherapy tomorrow. We all laugh as what with the first lot that I had and now this second lot - I am a permanent fixture at the clinic pool and have probably had more sessions than any one else on this site!
Enjoy your evening and hope you get a good night.
X
 
Hello. Iam 6 months today. I still have the tight feeling the feeling of bees stinging me. Its getting better but still there It takes time. Iam hopeing by my 7th month I feel wonderful
 
@Judlepip
I'm frustrated with wearing the 'same old, same old' - loose fitting elastic pull on trousers

So true. I am 11 weeks post op and feel the same way. I can wear my looser jeans for a bit but not long. We had an oldie dance to go to and had an excuse to go shopping. I was surprised to find a pair of khakis with legs that felt good on the knee. And it was the first pair I tried on. I also treated myself to a new shirt because of the "wearing the same clothes" blues that I had. It really lifts your spirits to wear something different after months of the same clothes.

The blues are definitely something we all go thru. I try to think of what I can do today that I couldn't do a week ago and that does help some.
 
Nice to hear from @traveler1 and also @judgar. 6 months judgar, you're further on than me. I'm pretty low today as the pain has been bad and I've felt very disabled. As for clothes traveler1 - ugh! Isn't it a pain! I have a new pain of sort of dusky-rose denims that I'm dying to wear. I've been waiting for the better weather - now that we have the better weather (for now at least!) I can't fit in them. Anyone else having trouble with weight? I can't exercise/walk as I used to and I'm getting portly! I'm trying desperately to find ONE good thing to say about this knee, but I'm at a loss! Maybe tomorrow! :gaah:
 
Another day, another ......... day! Nuff said. I thought I'd be further on than I am. Yesterday I was wiped out by my trip (bus travel of 40 mins each way) and my walk (hobble) around the city. So for today I plan to take it easy. I am daily frustrated by my 'still being here' which is 'disabled'! I am wondering will I be disabled for the rest of my life now? Since I can't effectively exercise, I have put on weight which shows no inclination to shift, no matter how I may cut down on calories. So, here I am, 4+ months on, disabled and getting fat. Sorry for the moan, sometimes I just NEED to moan.
 
Hi Judlepip so relate to the jeans can wear them for a few hours at the most find Capri jeans O.K if not to tight,shoes are also a big problem,oh we'll could be worse take care
 
Hi @Judlepip which administrator did you try to contact and how? The best was is to post your question on here using the @ with the persons name immediately after with no gaps etc. However if it is really personal then I would inbox.

I just read through some of your threads. I too am gaining weight. Feeling worn out and frumpy. It's not a nice feeling. I do go swimming when I'm away and to be honest I need to stop comfort eating.

I'm very tearful and touchy at the moment and cry at the drop of a hat! Its driving me mad.

Please don't leave us

Love Nana moon 27 xoxoxox
 
Good evening @Judlepip - oh no, please don't leave us .....
Nana Moon is right, now the nicer weather is here, lots of 'those who are able to' are going away, going out and not posting as frequently. It's only the newbies and those of us who are experiencing longer recoveries that are still around regularly.
@Nana moon 27 and @DogLoverx3 have already explained how it works, keeping all your info on your thread, and dropping in and out of other people's. Also, if you feel you need a quick response either post your question on a busy thread (NM27 said you could use hers) as you will get more responses, or change the title of your thread to suit. For example when my knee seized up I changed my title to 'Help - advice needed' it drew more attention and I got replies.
I always check my mail at least twice a day, so I am always about - so don't feel you have to go. Aside from the advice and info, its nice to have a chat with others who know exactly what you are experiencing.

Hope you stay in touch
ChrisX
 
@Nana moon 27 , @DogLoverx3 and @dogwheels. Now you make me feel bad with you all being so helpful. I've been having a hard time and was just depressed and disillusioned with getting no replies. Sorry.
Dogwheels, I never thought of changing my 'header'. Good idea! It just seems silly to have to stick to your own thread when no-one else looks at it as it's out of date! Changing the title is something I'll try. You have persuaded me to stay (I hope you don't regret it!). Nana Moon, I'm sorry to hear you're feeling weepy. Is it just the aftermath of the knee or post holiday depression? You're SO needed as a cheerful member so please feel better soon xx
 
Sorry @Judlepip and @Nana moon 27 - I will have to give in and go to sleep - I am absolutely done in, and have a hydro session tomorrow, which will wipe me out even further if I don't get a decent night.
Talk to you soon
X
 
'Night, 'night. xx


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Please don't let the nasty voice of depression let you think you don't deserve support from here. We are ALL here. We ALL understand. I am only two months out and needed help for my blues. Unfortunately it is a horrible feeling and I had to reach out....because being down is not like me. If you need support on here ask. AND KEEP ASKING!

How are you feeling today?
 
Hello. @Karryngtyn thanks for your post. I'm doing well thanks. I seem to have turned a corner (hurray). I hope your blues soon lift, they can be all-encompassing and sometimes you can't seem to see past them. Just hang on to the fact that they will go and you'll be you again!
@dogwheels, although thanks for your advice re this, I can't see how to change the name of my thread. Could you help please? No rush. Thanks.
Lovely sunny day here and I was able to walk 4.5 miles with my friends! That is SO uplifting. I used to walk regularly with them all, but obviously had to give up while I healed, and it's been a long healing (!), so it's lovely to think I'm improving to this level!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom