TKR Jozilla Part 2 - 9/8/14 LTKR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @Jozilla - so sorry that you have been so poorly over the weekend and really hope that you are feeling a bit better now.
Glad you were able to enjoy your food and wine fest on Sunday - I am jealous it sounded really yummy.

I am having fun and frolics with my non English speaking exterior decorators .... so have been here, checking on them rather than venturing out and doing anything very exciting. Still if the good weather holds they should be done at the end of next week (thank goodness) - the smell of paint is not very nice.

Hope your cough eases off soon

Love ChrisXX
 
I am feeling so much better @dogwheels. A couple of days on antibiotics and other meds and I do feel almost normal. Now if I can just keep it that way! I can't believe the end if June I will be starting the long knee process again with a visit to my OS. I am trying to just stay healthy! Can't wait to see your house pics! Xoxo
 
Hi @Jozilla - just a real quick note to wish you a happy time at your camper for the weekend or how ever long it is that you are staying. I will have to look up Memorial Weekend and find out what it is all about. We too have a Bank Holiday weekend which means no work (for those that do) on Monday. My daughter has taken today as leave as she went to see a band in London last night and had a very late one - so this has been a 4 day week for her. Next week not only does she get the Bank Holiday Monday off, but her firm gives a days leave on your Birthday, so she is taking the Friday and getting herself another short week of only 3 days. She is SO happy!
Hubby has gone sailing but got absolutely drenched last night - heavy rain and no wind, the sailors worst situation! He is at our other place today and then has another race on Saturday before returning. I am having a craft-tastic time ........... as you can imagine. The painters are gone, thank goodness, and the paint smell is beginning to clear. My house looks no different in terms of colours, just crisper and a bit brighter.
Well must go - enjoy your time away and have fun!

ChrisXX
 
Hi Chris - it is always so good to hear from you. I will be back Tuesday night! Memorial Day is to remember our fallen soldiers and honor the living who risk their lives daily. It has always been the "kick off" of summer. Good news is it is supposed to be 80 degrees Fahrenheit. I am definitely a summer person so I am looking forward to some heat!

We have a lovely camp site on a lake in a wooded forest. It is 20 minutes east to the ocean and about 45 minutes to Philadelphia if we went west. There are magnificent blueberry farms nearby. I love the produce there as well as the seafood! The best part is the peaceful feeling I get whenever I am there!

Hope you have fun this weekend. I am glad your house is all painted too! Here is a picture of my haven -
[Bonesmart.org] Jozilla Part 2 - 9/8/14 LTKR


[Bonesmart.org] Jozilla Part 2 - 9/8/14 LTKR


[Bonesmart.org] Jozilla Part 2 - 9/8/14 LTKR
 
Hi @Jozilla, that looks like a piece of paradise! Have fun! I've been in America on Memorial Day before. It was when I was volunteering for a charity in the real bad lands of New York in an area called Bushwick, Brooklyn. We did a community BBQ and fed about 3000 people! Boy was I tired after! Have a lovely time away xxx


Bernie UK
RTKR 22nd January 2014
LTKR 2nd April 2014
 
Hi Bernie and Nana moon - Yes it is so peaceful there. We are actually in a huge state forest with easy access to lakes, rivers and the ocean. Usually we just stay there and do nothing! I love it so much. We do have air conditioning for when it is really hot but seldom use it. We are very comfortable with no doors and windows open and fans. There are always activities on weekends. Bands, Magicians, comics, bingo, crafts and lots more. I am happy to sit and do nothing most of the time. Or fishing and crabbing which I love. I hope you are hanging in there. Go slow with reducing your meds! Love you. Xoxo Jozilla
 
@Jozilla
...a quick note as I'm out the door for evening church, but I just read quite a bit of your recovery thread for the first time. I'm glad TKR #1 went well and hope the next one goes as well or better.
 
@Jozilla sounds like you are doing great. I think taking the summer is a great idea. I need to go back to work in about six weeks (I am six weeks out now) I hope I feel as good as you in 12weeks.
 
Morning everyone! Life does get better so hang in there! At 12 weeks you will be amazed at how much better and stronger you feel. My DH and I did so much work this weekend. We painted and fixed up our back deck to make a safe area for my grandson to play in. My son-in-law helped too again my tkr knee was the only part of my body that didn't hurt! The other knee and my feet were so achy! I also have bad osteo in my toes and ankles! After my left knee is done I will probably see a foot surgeon. However I certainly do not want to do any more surgery for awhile!

@trailspud I really enjoy your thread and am amazed at all the hiking you do. Our camper is in Wharton State Forest and I love wandering around there. I also live in the beautiful Hudson River valley. Very close to Catskills, Shawangunks and a few hours to Adorondacks. I walk more than I hike but have always loved the woods! I find it so peaceful and relaxing I know that is where I belong.

Here is a photo of my porch - not quite finished. My DH built it as he is very good with carpentry work. I am usually his assistant! We put the lattice up to prevent the baby from falling off. It is like a huge playpen.

I hope everyone has a great day! Rain rain here.

[Bonesmart.org] Jozilla Part 2 - 9/8/14 LTKR
 
I love your porch @Jozilla ! What a wonderful "playpen" for your grandson.

Glad to hear that the TKR knee was good during all your activity - the rest not so good.

I think we must be twins in our arthritis. Another new knee later this year, and arthritis in feet and ankles as well. My ankles sometimes hurt more than my soon-to-be- replaced knee. My OS says we'll tackle the knee first and then see how the ankles are. Like you, I don't fancy more surgery.
 
Ooh @Jozilla that's soooo fabulous. The benefits of being married to a clever man with his hands. Mines like that. Saved us thousands tbh! I sooo love the design he's very talented Jo xxxx :wow:Xxxx
 
Hi @Celle we are going to have quite a few members recovering with our second knees. I will try and post another picture of the porch set up. It really came out nicer than I envisioned. I need to read your thread again! If I remember you are in New Zealand but traveling soon to England to see your daughter and new granddaughter?? That is a beautiful thing. I cannot imagine anything better than opening your heart to a child. Thanks for popping in. Xoxo
 
Hi @Jozilla - the Bonesmart (lets make sure that Chris gets no alerts) Gremlins obviously have it in for you and NM27 as far as I am concerned! :rotfl:
Just caught up with your news and the photos of your porch - well actually I was catching up while I was waiting to go in for physio. I was about to reply when I was called in and have only just managed to get back to you.
The porch looks really lovely - what a clever hubby - although I am sure that you helped out too ..... (is that a sneaky pic of hubby with the paint?)
The description of where you are sounds absolutely idyllic - I love the idea of peace and tranquillity but with lots of social things available should you wish.
I am finally heading off to our other place on Thursday so I may get round to posting a few photos there, later this week.
The last few days have been lovely here, not too hot and just right for sitting outside. I hope it continues .........

Take care and talk soon
XXX
 
@dogwhhels. That was actually my daughters fiancé. I will post a sneaky picture of hubby though! I have always helped him build things - from a huge family room to porches and decks. I also loved to garden. It feels good to be able to do some things again but boy I am still sore!

That is at our caravan - also built that deck!

[Bonesmart.org] Jozilla Part 2 - 9/8/14 LTKR


Xoxo
 
I love that you and your husband work together to build things! Very awesome job on the porch! And husband. :rotfl:
 
Haha! He is very good helping neighbors and people we know too for free! Will take food and beer though!
 
@Jozilla
You hang onto that man, for dear life :happydance:What a Gem ! Beer & Food, can't beat that.
Your camping place looks Amazing, I'm sure you both enjoy getting back to Nature :kitty:
Have you seen "Godzilla" yet ? I would really like your opinion between the "Old" & "New"
Sincerely,
Diana :wave::loveshwr:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom