Guest viewing is limited

TKR Jozilla Part 2 - 9/8/14 LTKR

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Jozilla,
You can change you thread name by going to the top of your thread page, just above the top thread, on the right you will see unfollow this thread and to the left of it a thread tools button, click on that, and you can change the name of your thread.
Rained all day here, then all night, finally stopped this morning. Strange storm, it is moving east to west, most of our storms move west to east. :shrug: Weather!!
 
@Jozilla, Congratulations on having your next TKR scheduled. Good luck telling your boss the news. These surgeries are stressful enough without having someone giving you grief over it. You will know what to expect next time around and it will make things a tiny bit easier. :)

Cindy
 
Thank you so much @Pumpkln I can use my iPhone with no problem but cannot use my pc - it is too slow. I will try and change the title as soon as I have patience to get on! We have really had a beautiful summer here. Kind if makes up for the horrible winter with never ending snow!
 
Hi @Texan - I think some people equate knee replacements with getting a tooth pulled. Well maybe that's a little exaggeration. It is amazing how many people think its a simple thing. My boss's wife said to me a friend if hers had a tkr and because he was a male it was much harder for him than me. What???? Really???? I have met many supposedly intelligent people that are clueless! Glad to hear from you!
 
Harder because he was male? That's a new one! So glad you have your surgery scheduled...


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
@Lovestoread yes, tkr recovery was easier for a woman and more painful and harder for a man. I don't even follow that. This is from someone who has never had a joint replaced but is very good about making comments. Amazing what you hear from some people.
 
Seems like those who have not gone through it often have the most opinions, don't they?


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
My boss's wife said to me a friend if hers had a tkr and because he was a male it was much harder for him than me. What???? Really????

Seems like those who have not gone through it often have the most opinions, don't they?
While these ill-advised comments are not at all accurate, they are indeed certainly entertaining!
 
@Jozilla, I let the moderators know to change your thread title.
Glad to hear you have a surgery date!
 
@Jozilla
Congratulations on your next surgery date :) It gives you plenty of time to get ready,
But close enough not to get to Anxious about it. Just remember, :chillpill: :elevate: :ice:
Thinking of you :friends:
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
@Jozilla, have changed your title per your request. Congrats on second time around. No stopping you with two man made pain free knees!
 
Thank you Diana and Pumpkln. I am getting excited now! Thank you @bottomshollow I appreciate all the moderators who make this site so good! I could not figure out how to change the title!
 
@Jozilla I am so happy for you that you have your date set now. :happydance: I think it is such an unsettling feeling not to know what to plan on. Now you can get your planning underway. This go around you will know just what you need & what not to bother with - you are a "pro" at this now! Keep us posted as you get ready! Congrats!!
 
Yes I am much relieved to see the date! Now hope everything else falls into place!
 
Hi JoAnne ... I wish I could be as excited as you about having the second one done. I know you are nervous too and I am certainly that. But I must admit it will be nice to be recovering a knee that will eventually be stronger and pain free (hopefully). My right knee is deteriorating so fast and very, very painful. I walked the dogs last night and was in tears when I got back. But it is a responsibility and they need their walk.
Of course, you and I, being women (apparently) will be up and about the next week and looking for male TKR recipients we can help. Thankfully I am surrounded by supportive, helpful and sympathetic workmates.
I will talk to you before your second TKR, but really hope you have an easy time and a great recovery.
Hugs ... Ellen
 
Oh Jozilla wish I could be brave like you.Saw my G.P yesterday for med review,she said I should be having left knee much sooner than January had another X-ray done and will be seeing O.S soon yikes!!
 
:hi: @Jozilla
Congratulations on confirmation for your next TKR date ! It does relieve the stress a little being able to look at the calendar and circle a definite date.

You have been such a positive support to us new TKRs over the last few months and it will be good now to be able to return that support to you.

You will be well prepared and will have the good wishes and warm thoughts of all your BoneSmarties with you

Take care,
Cathie x ,:console2:
 
Morning @Ellen @yiayia3 and @Mamora I love this site. I woke up at 5:00 am and have posts from Ireland, England and Australia everyone in U.S. is probably sleeping. I really am nervous but love my OS and love to read all the success stories here.

Ellen I have to believe your tkr will be successful and you will be amazed at how good it will feel. I do hope they help your other knee out at the same time with a MUA.

I feel I have nothing to lose by having the surgery as my knee is holding me back from doing more. I want to keep up with the grand babies with a new one coming in February. We will hopefully find out the sex this month. I am the favorite and need to stay that way!!

I take ten days off work at the end of August to go to our camper in NewJersey. It is the one week I take with my grandchildren by myself and daughter and spoil everyone.

My daughter's Miniature Pinscher who was only ten died on Mothers Day. We were all devastated as she lives with me. My daughter still can not talk about it and our cat Pun was inconsolable - - he walked around the house crying for days. I never saw a cat mourn like he did! So my other objective is to get another dog after I am recovered.

Yes Ladies this recovery is a snap for us while our male tkr's are crying we will be moving forward! Lol

I hope you all have a beautiful and less painful day. My heart is warm with the friends I have found here!

Xoxoxo. JoAnne
 
Wishing all of you who are having the second one done a pain free recovery.


Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom