TKR Jozilla Part 2 - 9/8/14 LTKR

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have not had a chance to see Godzilla. Some of my nephews saw it at an IMAX theater and loved it. What I don't like is that she looks mean. She was one of the "good guys" when we were growing up fighting evil.

We are going to our camper Saturday for a few days. I love it there and love hanging out with my "Philly" friends. A sense of calmness comes over me can't wait!!!

Hope all is well with you @New Knees in June. Xoxoxo
 
Thank you! I am hoping you have a few hours home tomorrow. I am enjoying my camper in South Jersey. It is about three hours from my house in a state forest. We are on a lake and near many rivers and the ocean is about 20 minutes away. To me it is the best world. I even have tkr buddies here. Everyone I have ever met said its the hardest surgery ever. I agree. I am having my second one done in September. I can't wait on one hand to not have knee pain I also have been having lots of pain on the hip on that side. I hope it's just a result of the bad knee! I see my OS shortly so we shall see. We know the recovery is difficult but the end result is well worth it. I do get nervous at the thought of it though. Remember you are counting down and will be better soon. Xoxo
 
@Jozilla , I bet September cant come soon enough. I think you will have nothing but smooth sailing during your recovery. You are about as well versed as anybody, and you have the bonesmart family. Thats 90 percent of the recovery. Your OS and short hospital stay will also be a huge factor, we will hope they manage your pain and that your OS is on his game. You are so encouraging and helpful . Hope your cortisone shot holds you over. Best wishes. Iceman
 
Thanks Ice! I am at our camper and am hoping that cortisone shot helps! Even for just a couple if months I will be happy. My OS uses the Depuy Trumatch knee which Is why it takes so long. Once I have a CT scan its about six weeks to make. I really am not thrilled with having more surgery but want the left knee to feel as good as my Tkr knee. I hope work is getting easier for you. I am lucky I sit most of the time on my job because standing is still difficult. Thanks for stopping by! I see you are gearing up for Football! My poor hubby has been an Oakland raider fan forever. I like Dallas, my daughter the bengals and son in law the Giants. Football season is crazy at our house! All the best to you!!
 
I like Dallas....

I used to before Jerry Jones bought the team!

I had my first cortisone shot ever in one of my knees at the end of May. So far so good. A little twinge of pain now and then but nothing constant and nothing I can't live with for a while. I don't know how long they are supposed to last nor do I know how many of these one can have in a given period of time. I hope it gives you relief until your next surgery.

I do have a question for you @Jozilla. Is there a specific reason that you and your OS chose to go the custom route?
 
Hi Phil - I am not really sure why the custom knee. I am/was very bowlegged so I do not know if that is his reason. I believe it is easier to get the angles and cuts correct. It is a Depuy Trumatch system that uses a Sigma fixed bearing knee. I also had to use an immobilizer brace for 3 weeks at night only to help with my straightening. I have been fortunate with a good first recovery. I am praying for the next one to be good. My OS would give cortisone injections every 4 months if needed and Synvisc injections only twice a year. I haven't had any in a year so am hoping it works ! I am not a fan of Jerry Jones either. I live to agitate everyone though.

Take care. I need to read up on my knee again and if I learn anything else I will let you know!!
 
I have a Depuy as well but its a Attune. Im so happy with it . Work is getting easier believe it or not , this is busy season for meat. Christmas is the craziest, everyone want prime rib. It will be non stop for about 5 days. Another Costco is opening up 45 miles up north in Ukiah next year. I may consider moving up there and getting a easier position. Have fun and be safe camping . Iceman
 
@Jamie or @bottomshollow Could I please change my thread title to Jozilla Part 2 - 9/8/14 LTKR Thank you - I just got my surgery date and am excited!

I will be having a matching pair of Trumatch Depuy Sigma's fixed knee as my right was done in December 2023. I had a ct scan of my knee about 3 weeks ago and it should be ready by the end of August. The cutting blocks are custom but the knee itself isn't. I have my pre-op scheduled for August 12th.

I will be looking forward to recovery and a new chapter in my life where walking will not be painful!
 
Thanks @Chihuahuan Hope your vacation is fabulous! Is this the cruise in Europe? When do you leave?
 
Yes!! Enjoy yourself and will talk to you when you get back.
 
Hi Jo-Anne ... Yippee - you have your surgery date. We will be less than 3 weeks apart. We can look for each other on-line in the midnight hours when sleep is hard to come by. But then again, I keep telling my right knee that it is going to be a recovery star. I hope it can hear me. I have to think of something snappy to change my thread title to for this second go. Hope you are well and loving life ... Hugs ... Ellen
 
Hi Ellen - yes we can recover together! Your knees are both gonna be great! I kind of like that This Knee is Going to Be a Star. Think it would be a great thread title. I asked for a thread change to Jozilla Part 2 for now. I am sitting here at 3 a.m. can't sleep probably from my nerves kicking in with my surgery date. And I usually am up at 5 a.m. to get ready for work.

I will tell my job at the end of the week. Last time it was WW 3 with my boss who is the owner. It is what it is.

Well I am gonna try to sleep for two hours! Glad to be recovering with you!
 
Hi @Jozilla - so glad that you have your date. All systems go now! I expect the weeks will fly by, it really isn't very long is it?
Hope your boss was understanding today - but as you say nothing else can be done and it is what it is.

So now you will be getting those ice packs, elevating cushions and all the other paraphernalia out of storage and back ready for use again. Hope all the pre-op stuff goes OK - before you know it you will be a TKR Grand master with both knees done.

Never fear - we'll be here!!

Love and hugs to you

XXX
 
Thank you @dogwheels I really had tucked away the thought of having surgery again. I have to be positive that I will have two new knees! I was stunned when my OS's office called me yesterday. I didn't think I would hear from them until the end of the month! I am so glad you are here for me - it is very reassuring and means a lot to me!
 
Good luck with the TKR, believe it or not - I'm envious! I'd much rather go straight into a TKR than have to go through 2 or even 3 arthroscopies. I know I won't be in such pain afterwards, and I will get straight back on with my life, whereas you will have a few months of total disruption again, but at least yours will be 'done and dusted', and mine will still be some time in the future. I'm really pleased it's all arranged for you, now you can start planning.
 
Happy to hear you have a date. Good luck with your boss.


Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
 
Thank you @Ellejay I do hope the arthroscopies work for you. My OS felt they would not be of any use to me so I never had one. The only thing he would do was Synvisc and cortisone injections until they no longer worked. I am looking forward to having it done but am afraid of recovery - even though my first was good! After seeing how good my right knee feels really makes me want it now! When is your arthroscopies?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom