Guest viewing is limited

TKR Jozilla Part 2 - 9/8/14 LTKR

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Jozilla I sure hope those tests come back as you say nothing more than a stomach virus...I can't imagine being sick on top of this surgery! FEEL BETTER and Keep us posted!!
 
Thank you Suzzee! Post some pictures when you can of your babies!!!
 
Hi @Jozilla I though I'd pop and visit you. How are you? Are you feeling any better? I hope your tummy is settling down x x x love Nana moon 27 xox
 
Hi @Nana moon 27. I am feeling better. Slowly but surely my tummy is getting better. Waiting on results for my blood work and hope to hear today from my GP. Another cold snow on its way here day! I am so sick of this winter. We also have a camper home about three hours away. It is close to the ocean and I love love love it! We can start using it in a couple of weeks weather permitting! Hope your PT goes well today. I will catch up later! Xoxo JoAnne
 
Thank you @pumpkin and @Ellejay. I will have to try catch up.

The first blood work results I had were all off including white blood cells. Since I had a stomach virus my GP wanted me to repeat the test two weeks later. Thankfully the results were much better. My electrolytes were off as I was drinking too much water. I do not have a thyroid and have a malfunctioning parathyroid so I am always having to adjust something. This time it was my thyroid levels which were low but my electrolytes were in range. Good news was I am not anemic anymore and white blood cells were normal. I highly recommend a product called Megafood Blood Builder I found on amazon which is a supplement from beet roots. It sure is better than having to take iron which i took for three days and stopped as it really bothered my stomach.

So my fatigue is so much better. For the first time since I had my tkr I am feeling like I have energy. I have to repeat my blood labs in a month so hopefully I will stay this way. It will be just in time for me to start getting ready to have my other knee done in September. This time however I will be on the blood builder beforehand.

My knee is thankfully great. I am waiting until after the summer to have surgery on the other as I want to enjoy camping and life for a few months. The unoperated knee is definitely feeling worse these days. Maybe because I can really tell the difference now between the two! Looks like there will be several of us having our second.

Everyone have a great evening and Thanks again for visiting. I will try and do a better job of keeping this thread up to date!


RTKR - 9th December, 2013
 
@Jozilla
Hello,
I just saw on t.v, a new 3D Godzilla is coming to a theater near you :yikes: I'm glad you are
Feeling better. What kind of camping do you do ? We love nothing better than camping in
A leaky tent during a rain storm:happydance:We have also camped in a camper, but it's not the same.
Enjoy the movie....
Have a Kneesy day,
Diana:loveshwr::flwrysmile:
 
Hi Diana - I can't wait! I saw the commercial this morning. My birthday is in June and I think that's when it comes out. Cheap present and it will be my best! Hahaha!!

We have a really nice camper now we share with our kids and families. I love it but I loved camping for years in leaky tents and pop ups. We had so much fun in an old pop up we bought for $250 years ago. It was built like a tank but kept us comfy and dry. I am actually looking forward to being an old hippie traveling and camping throat the country. I would be very content.

The Yankees embarrassed us all the other night! How dumb was that guy Pineda with the pine tar on his neck? Not a good moment.

Take care - I am glad you stopped by!


RTKR - 9th December, 2013
 
@Jozilla
I am so Happy your beloved "Yankees" are leaving Boston :happydance::yes!:I won't have to listen
To the "F" word anymore :yikes: Where have you camped ? We go to N.H, Maine, Plymouth, MA.
My daughters boyfriends family has a camper & site for the month of July. His mother is a
Fantastic cook ( she can cook a roast beef diner on the grill) They always have 2 or 3 grills
Going at once:heehee: My husband thinks he died & went to heaven:rotfl:
Have a wonderful Weekend,
Diana:flwrysmile: P.S. My husband's birthday is June 25....My youngest daughter June 6....:loveshwr:
 
We camp all the time in South Jersey. Near the blueberry farms in a part of Wharton State Forest. Twenty minutes from the ocean and about 40 to Philly. All my friends are Philly fans. We have been going there for ten years. Before that we camped in Virginia for two weeks every year. Loved loved it there. Right on the Chesapeake bay. It is an incredible camground called Cherrystone on the Eastern shore. Otherwise we have spent time in Lake George NY, CT and lots of local spots in NY. We camped in tents in Disney too.

When we camped in Virginia there was always a bunch of us. We had a smoker and would always cook a turkey among other things And all the blue claw crabs you could catch. Food is always a big part of our camping experience.

I am getting hungry and looking forward to some warmer camping weather!


RTKR - 9th December, 2013
 
Hi Jozilla just a quick hi how you doing? on your new thread. Will post properly tomorrow x x x love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
Hi @Jozilla, PHEW, I feel like I've had a workout trying to find your thread ;) I'm still getting the hang of this site and couldn't find it on my iPad app so had to go through another way. Anyway I'm here and the reason is I just wanted to say thank you for being such an encouragement. From what I've seen, it looks like you are all over threads encouraging people and it's very lovely of you. Thank you for being there for me with your kind words. Blessings Bernie x


Bernie UK
RTKR 22nd January 2014
LTKR 2nd April 2014
 
Thank you @pumpkin and @Ellejay. I will have to try catch up.

The first blood work results I had were all off including white blood cells. Since I had a stomach virus my GP wanted me to repeat the test two weeks later. Thankfully the results were much better. My electrolytes were off as I was drinking too much water. I do not have a thyroid and have a malfunctioning parathyroid so I am always having to adjust something. This time it was my thyroid levels which were low but my electrolytes were in range. Good news was I am not anemic anymore and white blood cells were normal. I highly recommend a product called Megafood Blood Builder I found on amazon which is a supplement from beet roots. It sure is better than having to take iron which i took for three days and stopped as it really bothered my stomach.

So my fatigue is so much better. For the first time since I had my tkr I am feeling like I have energy. I have to repeat my blood labs in a month so hopefully I will stay this way. It will be just in time for me to start getting ready to have my other knee done in September. This time however I will be on the blood builder beforehand.

My knee is thankfully great. I am waiting until after the summer to have surgery on the other as I want to enjoy camping and life for a few months. The unoperated knee is definitely feeling worse these days. Maybe because I can really tell the difference now between the two! Looks like there will be several of us having our second.

Everyone have a great evening and Thanks again for visiting. I will try and do a better job of keeping this thread up to date!


RTKR - 9th December, 2013



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Hi Bernie - I am not very good at keeping my own thread up! So glad you found it. I am glad I could give you some support. I wish I knew more so I could have helped you with your pain. I would have given you a big hug if i was there! Sometimes just the support of others makes us feel better. I have found a great group with Nana Moon and her coffee shop! Lots of laughs and support there. Hope your doctor listens to you. Josephine knows the right words to use and her time on this forum is amazing. I would have to calm myself from using my loud voice to get some help! Doctors here do not want to give pain meds as the government is very strict. My biggest fear was I would be in intolerable pain. Luckily my OS was very good. Please let me know how you make out! Have you read about Brum the fat rat in Nana moons garden? Many funny stories there. I am going to enjoy this summer before my other knee gets done. Take care and I hope your days improve!
 
Hey , sorry to hear you are in pain today :( It sounds like you have a lot to contend with, no solutions I'm afraid, but take care & I hope things get better soon. Love xx


Bernie UK
RTKR 22nd January 2014
LTKR 2nd April 2014
 
I am doing better. I slept a lot which is the best medicine when I get that achy. It will pass. I have been living with it for over six years and have been advised by doctors not to have surgery as it will make it worse. That's all I had to hear. So I have learned to manage the pain. Take care - I am glad you stopped by!
 
It was actually a very sad Mothers Day here. My daughter's beloved miniature pinscher who lives with me had to be put down on Saturday night. That dog has been an important part of our family and was ten. She had some cysts in her stomach that broke open to the outside. It happened in like two days. The vet said she was an extremely bad diabetic in the end stages and there was only a 50/50 chance of helping her at a minimum cost of $1500.00 Even if they were successful at that point they only gave her about another year to live with daily monitoring and injections 2x a day. Because she is only like 9 lbs everything is magnified and happens quickly.

Pun, our cat is now in mourning. I have never seen a cat react so badly. He is laying in Stella's spots and crying non stop. He is a 20 lb gorgeous stray.

It is now very quiet here without Stella. Amazing the little things you miss about them.

Here us a picture if our gran puppy and kitty.

[Bonesmart.org] Jozilla Part 2 - 9/8/14 LTKR
 
My condolences on the loss of your much loved pet. They are such an important part of our lives.


Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
 
Oh @Jozilla, my heart goes out to you, I can feel your pain in your post. I'm so sorry this has happened, but please try to take some comfort in that you did the very best thing for your Stella. Big hugs, love Bernie xx


Bernie UK
RTKR 22nd January 2014
LTKR 2nd April 2014
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom