TKR Jozilla Part 2 - 9/8/14 LTKR

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are about 14 hours ahead of me in time! Two more sleeps. My problem is I am an early bird - my normal time is 4:00 a.m. So getting to the hospital at 10:00 a.m is late for me!

I love your comment on your thread that you are glad this knee is done as you don't have another knee to do! Yay! That is the way to think.

I will be talking to my OS in the hospital and also to my GP about the pain med situation. I live five minutes from the hospital where I am having surgery. I promise to drive them batty if my pain is not controlled. Also where the hospital is located is a major illegal drug buying area. Sad to think you can get drugs easier on the street than in the hospital.

I have tried not to think my pain might not be controlled. I do know however I will be ok for a few weeks if they won't prescribe narcotics. By then I can visit my neurologist.

So glad Sebastien visited you! I hope I won't scare my grandson - he is a very active 16 month old and used to me holding him. He loves most to watch me cook and explain things to him. Hopefully he will be happy to read books or do puzzles!

My 12 year old granddaughter is the perfect age. We are really good friends and love hanging out with each other. She is happy to sit and watch movies or play all kinds if games. On vacation I started teaching her poker and she loves that. Most of her time she is very active in school or playing softball. She loves the chance to just hang with me. She wants to go to the Culinary Institute of America and can already cook and bake quite well!

I have to start cleaning so when I come home from the hospital I will be all set. Talk to you all soon!!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@dogwheels Love it's Caturday. Thanks for making me smile and for always being here for support!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@kneeper I am just glad we all enjoy it together. I am closer to more people there than where I live. Maybe because we all love it and have that in common!
 
Hi JoAnne ... In Australia here it is coming into the evening before your op. It is only morning of the eve where you are. I wish you a speedy, no surprises surgery and a recovery that is as pain-free as possible. Try hard to have a bit of a sleep in tomorrow morning, even though you are an early riser. All the best my friend ... I will keep you in my thoughts. Love and Hugs ... Ellen
 
Good morning all. One more sleep. Yikes! i really have not slept at all the past few days. Maybe tonight will be different though I doubt it!

I wish I could have a visit with you today! @NetballKnees I still have lots to do so will be busy. I need to pack, do laundry and shop for a few goodies. I need my secret food stash at the hospital. How have you been sleeping?

I am very lucky in that my DH is a wonderful caregiver. He is a terrific father, husband and friend to me. How we found each other is beyond me. The funny part is that our grandfathers were very close friends and my grandfather lived with his when he first immigrated from Italy. My grandfather was his fathers baptismal Godfather. But we never met each other until we were around 20. I went to a local bar to meet a friends brother - a blind date. That was disastrous but I did meet Vinny that night and we have been together ever since.

My son looks very much like him and my daughter has his witty sarcastic personality as well as my granddaughter. My grandson Mason could be his twin! We all share the same heart.

I am rambling as I only slept a couple of hours. I will look forward to tomorrow night as this will be over! I do not think my wifi will be good until I am out of the Critical Care unit and on the ortho floor.

I am taking everyone's good wishes and support with me. Thank you everyone who has visited me!!

Xoxoxo
JoAnne
 
I second or third what busylizzie and Ellen said. I'll be thinking of you.
 
Good luck tomorrow! I'm curious - since you are a pro at this now ;-) What will you bring to the hospital for round 2?

Lovely story of meeting your husband - things just happen like they are supposed to, don't they!
 
Best wishes for tomorrow Joanne, I'll be thinking of you, hope that all goes well and you have an 'easy' as possible recovery. Lyn xxx
 
Hi JoAnne

Just wanted to add my pile of good thoughts and best wishes for a good result tomorrow and as easy and pain free recovery as possible.

[Bonesmart.org] Jozilla Part 2 - 9/8/14 LTKR


Be thinking of you tomorrow XXX
 
Thank you @dogwheels @Minnie's knees @jeano @Ellejay I so appreciate the support!

@TexasTee I have to get "Dressed" everyday in the hospital. Nothing fancy but I have a couple pairs of very loose capris (remember your leg will be swollen) tank tops and T-shirts, white/blue propet slip on sneakers, loose night shirt pj's., makeup, toothbrush, Cpap machine. Hidden in my bag will be a stash of candy/crackers/protein bars. The other items important to me are baby wipes or wet ones, antibacterial soap, chap stick, iPhone charger and phone and puzzle book. I don't remember having much free time last time. My OS had ice machines and walkers ordered for us to use and take home. I will see if I remember anything else! Xoxoxo to you all!
 
@Jozilla, I will be thinking about you tomorrow. You have been a rock to many of us on the forum, me included. You were always there when I needed support. Best wishes for a successful surgery and look forward to reading your posts
 
Thank you so much @Shortie and @busylizzie I so appreciate everyone stopping by! Just had a delicious steak dinner with sweet potato and salad. I had no appetite when I had my first tkr for about 3 weeks so I thought I would eat up!

You all mean a lot to me!
Xoxoxo
 
@Jozilla

Good night Johanna, my Irish cousin.

Have wished you well via another thread, but can never give too many good wishes and warm thoughts !

One more sleep - if you can ,

Take care,
Cathie :flwrysmile:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom