TKR Jozilla Part 2 - 9/8/14 LTKR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @busylizzie I take your not posting as an excellent sign! I wish you continued improvement. (((Hugs)))
 
Hi @Jozilla , JoAnne

Exparel is a long-lasting local anaesthetic that is used during surgery. Apparently, it gives pain relief for several days after surgery. People who have experienced it are enthusiastic about it.

However, once it wears off, you will need some form of oral pain relief and not just an anti-inflammatory. fF your OS or anaesthetist don't order something, see your regular doctor.

Best wishes for Monday!
 
Thank you for the advice @Celle I will speak with my OS about pain meds on Monday but do have a small supply if I need them. I can also get medication from my neurologist who handles my back pain. If I had no alternatives I would be very upset. My OS is a great guy but I want him to understand his patients don't need this added worry! I will be thinking of you too and pray all goes well for you. Xoxoxo JoAnne
 
@Jozilla
Thinking of you as you enter your last weekend before surgery. Remember, you won't remember a thing! I have a history of NSAID induced ulcers, and I am on Celebrex with a stomach med. I am not having problems with this I just have to remember to stop once risks from inflammation are past. But I do agree with everyone else--start screaming the moment you start having pain or stiffness! You will come through with flying colors again, I am certain of it!
 
Thank you @Old Texan. I actually did speak with my GI doctor. I am on prescription strength Prevacid and he said as long as I was taking that Celebrex would be fine. Not any other NSAIDs though. I have not been on any anti inflammatory in a couple of years. Hope you are improving and you can enjoy being at home!
 
Ok everyone I have my surgery time! I have to be at the hospital at 10:00 a.m. on Monday. If all goes well I should be in surgery around noon. I have to go to CCU unit the first night because of my sleep apnea. So I will try and post as soon as possible on Tuesday when I will be moved to the joint replacement floor.

Love and hugs to all September Sapphires having their knees this week! And many thanks for everyone's kind wishes!! You all mean a lot to me.

Xoxoxo
JoAnne
 
@Jozilla

To my "Irish Cousin" a JoAnne / Johanna,

You are the Queen of the September Sapphires !

Great that you have your hospital time. :yay:
Knowing that seems to make it more real.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Looking forward to your post-op posts !

Take care,
Cathie :flwrysmile:
 
@Jozilla
I am so happy you have a morning surgery. Mine was at 2:30, didn't get in until 3:30 :shocked:
Doctor had a BTKR before me.
I hope you have a peaceful, relaxing weekend. If deep-breathing doesn't help, one word.....
ATIVAN :heehee:
Thinking of you,
Diana :loveshwr:
 
Getting a little excited my Irish sister @marmora and Redsox friend @new knee in June. I am really looking forward to six months from now!!

Hope you both have a beautiful weekend. I have lots of small errands to run and cleaning to do! I am feeling good and my anxiety has lessened! I do hate the waiting part!
 
In case I don't "see" you this weekend, my best wishes for an excellent surgery and result.
 
Thank you @kneeper I hope to finally be able to catch up with BS! It seems this summer has flown by and I haven't had enough time to do everything I wanted!
 
Good luck on Monday! You'll do great and I look forward to hearing your updates when you're able. We'll all be thinking of you!!
 
Hi JoAnne ... You are sounding very relaxed ... I can hear nervousness, but also more relaxed as it is now nearly here and no more waiting. I too hope that you will have a bit more pain meds than Celebrex, but it's good that you have your own "stash". I hope you don't need them, but just in case. As I get confused with what day it is where (it is Saturday night 10.43pm here),I hope I won't be too late if I visit again tomorrow to wish you well.

Enjoy the next two nights sleep ... hope you get plenty of it.

"Talk" again tomorrow. Hugs ... Ellen
 
Hi @Jozilla

[Bonesmart.org] Jozilla Part 2 - 9/8/14 LTKR


Not so long to go now. 2 more sleeps (or trying to sleeps!) Thinking of you, my friend, in the nail biting run up to Knee day!
Much love headed your way

XXXXX
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom