TKR Jozilla Part 2 - 9/8/14 LTKR

Status
Not open for further replies.
@tiredwife thanks for stopping by! We all appreciate your time here.

@Nana moon 27 yes we had a wonderful time! Hope you did too! Will try and catch up this weekend or if not then Monday in the hospital! Wishful thinking??? Xoxoxo
 
@Jozilla

Hi my Irish cousin JoAnne / Johanna,

Wishing you well for your OS appointment tomorrow and hope that the next few days pass quickly.

Take care,
Cathie :flwrysmile:
 
Hi JoAnne ... thinking of you as your surgery date approaches. So glad you had a holiday beforehand. The photo of your daughter, granddaughter and grandson was so lovely. It must have been fantastic spending time with them. Thank you so much for keeping tabs on me in my thread. I have been very slack since I got home. I am having a lot more pain this time and it makes me realise how very lucky I was with the LTKR and how very little pain I had. Take care and I will "talk" to you again over the next few days.

Love and Hugs ... Ellen
 
Morning everyone and thanks for stopping by. Five more sleeps till my surgery. Yikes!!

@NetballKnees so glad to hear from you! Sorry you are in more pain. I wonder if it is because we forget the pain. I will be prepared for a screaming match in the hospital! I wish you less pain and am sending hugs!

Xoxoxo
 
Hi @Jozilla - I'm having a lazy morning and scooting around all the threads on a bit of a catch up.

Glad you had a good time away, with your lovely family.

Eeeek! 5 - 4 - 3 - 2 -1 and Knee day! Gosh it has come round so quickly - and even quicker for you I expect.

Must be a bit weird getting all your gear out and making all your pre-op preparations again.

Anyhow - lots of thoughts with you at the moment - there comes a point when I bet in some ways you wish you were going in today, with no more hanging about and could get it over and done with! Never mind, this time next week it will be over and you will be on the path to recovery with 2 bionic knees.

Lots of love and hugs from me to you, as you are on countdown .............

Talk soon

XXXX
 
Best of luck Jozilla , I dont get on this forum nearly as often. But I make a point to drop by every now and than. You will be in recovery before you know it. Thank goodness for bonesmart to keep ones sanity. I honestly dont know how I would of recovered with this forum. I was so prepared. Im sure you are and than some . Best wishes, Iceman
 
Thank you Icep707 I will keep you all updated I hope!
 
Best wishes for Monday, JoAnne - @Jozilla

I'll be looking out for your first recovery post before I get my knee done.
 
Thank you @gr82cu2 i appreciate it! @Celle Are you nervous?? My OS is using exparel and Celebrex instead of narcotics. Now I am more antsy. I do have to check to see if I can even take Celebrex and will call my GI doctor today.

If anyone has advice on these medications please let me know! @Josephine or @Jamie do you have experience?

I will find out surgery time on Friday!

Xoxoxo
JoAnne
 
@Jozilla

Hi JoAnne,

You have four more sleeps until your LTKR and hopefully, will be able to sleep and rest & relax over the weekend.

I have no experience of the drugs you mentioned.
But, as always you will be able to relive on someone in the BoneSmart family to provide you with answers.

Take care,
Cathie :flwrysmile:
 
@Jozilla I just googled Exparel. Never heard of it. It's an injection during surgery that controls pain for up to 72 hours? And then what are you supposed to do? I've been on Celebrex since I was in the hospital and was also supposed to have Lyrica but somehow they never Rx'd the Lyrica. I still don't know why. Anyway, there is absolutely, positively, NO WAY Celebrex alone will control the pain of this operation. It's an anti-inflammatory as I'm sure you know. It is probably keeping some of the inflammation at bay and therefore limiting swelling and pain from that but the operative pain itself? No way! Don't mean to scare you but I just can't imagine your doc not prescribing some sort of pain meds to take for awhile. Celebrex may require pre-approval by your insurance too. Mine did. If you take Celebrex go to their website and print off the co-pay assistance card. It has saved me $75 when I've had it filled.
 
@gr82cu2 thanks. Very scary. I have a call into my GI Doc to make sure I can even take celebrex. If not then they resort to percocets so I actually hope I can't take it. Wasn't this way for my other knee. I already printed the $4 coupon so I am good with that part! Thanks!
 
I took Celebrex after the first knee for a few days and liked it fine. I think if you can tolerate NSAIDs in general you will be okay.

I had the super secret Novocain squirt inside the knee thing when the surgeon is closing up that is SUPPOSED to prevent pain for the first 72 hours. Sure, and I have some lovely underwat-I mean waterfront property in Florida you might want to buy. I will not dispute that the Novocain squirt may have decreased my post op pain last go around. I don't know if I had the squirt for this knee and I certainly had more pain the first night home, but that proves nothing. Seriously I hope that your surgeon doesn't think the squirt will replace narcotics! And this from the woman who so far at least has been narc free since 72 hours post op. Get this little detail straightened out right away, unless you have a secret stash at home. Me, I've got enough drugs around the place to medicate the Red Army.
 
Thank you @jeano I too have a secret stash. Good thing! The hospital will only use percoset so will see how I am when I get home. Just trying to line everything up!
 
@Jozilla , I haven't been posting much recently but I've been thinking about you and want to wish you all the best for Monday
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom