TKR Jozilla Part 2 - 9/8/14 LTKR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ooh, another very organised person. Im sure its the best way to be, and at least this time there shouldn't be too many surprises, so you know what you need. Enjoy the last few weeks before your op xxx
 
Hello JoAnne @Jozilla You've been kind enough to stop in my recovery thread and have been so kind and encouraging. I realized I didn't know anything about your 1st surgery and recovery so I've just read your entire thread. I'm so sorry about Stella :( It seems there have been several of us that have had to not only go through the physical healing of this surgery but also the emotional healing of losing a beloved pet.

Your OS sounds amazing with his pain control regimen. I can't say mine wasn't but I did have to do some whining and crying in the hospital to get something stronger and that helped a lot. You had a pretty good recovery with round 1. Here's hoping you do the same with round 2. We will be here with you. :thumb:
 
:hi: @Jozilla
Hi JoAnne,

Don't know why I am only finding your thread now under "New Posts" - but do come across you on other peoples' posts.

Glad that your Pre-op check has you ready for take -off. !
And yes, Rory played a "blinder" as we say here in Ireland!

I took up golf in September 2013 and really enjoy it and if you can play in them Irish rainy winters, then you know you really do like it.

My plan to improve my play & get out 2-3 times a week this summer were stopped by my knee on 7 June.
But plan on picking it up again before Christmas - so watch out Rory !
Take care
Cathie :flwrysmile:
 
Hi @gr82cu2 and @marmora really happy you stopped by. Yikes three weeks to go! Seems like I have no time to think about surgery this time. I have everything I need from last surgery so I am just going with the flow! I see my OS a few days before surgery so I will make sure he is still good with the pain control. He has had several knee surgeries so understands knee pain and is very kind. He is a great choice for me.

I haven't seen any golf this weekend. Last week was a tremendous finish - one of the best tournaments. My hubby likes to golf and I did for awhile. Then my body started falling apart. Maybe I will start playing again next Spring after my knees are better.

I have been having a great weekend with my 12 year old granddaughter and 15 month old grandson. I have so much fun being around them and love when they are with me. Another reason to have good knees!

Hope everyone has a peaceful night

Xoxoxo
JoAnne
 
Lucky you with the grandkids. I keep asking (not pushy, just little hints) for some but have had no luck so far. Our sons are 33 and 30. They better get busy!!

Hopefully by next summer you can get back out on the golf course.

This recovery should be easier since you will know more about what to expect and things that helped or didn't last time. I'm sure you'll do great! Have a good night.
 
My son was 22 when he had my granddaughter and they are expecting their second in February at the age of 36! Their children will be 12 years apart! My daughter was 33 when she had her son and I don't think she will have another. It seems very common to have their first child in their 30's these days. I just think of the energy I had in my 20's compared to 30's and was glad I had mine early!

You will be all set with your knees when the grand babies come! They are every bit as much fun as you imagine. I will try and post some pictures tomorrow as I am falling asleep!

Sleep well!!
 
Sleep well JoAnne. I'm glad I had my kids when I was young too. Some of these people that wait till their late 30's or even early 40's, I just don't know how they do it. Where there's a will, there's a way, I guess. Believe it or not, I did consider how much I would be able to enjoy grand babies with 2 bum knees. I won't have to worry now. They'll be all healed before any grand baby could be created and born! LOL!!
 
Hi JoAnne ... I had a big smile when I read you had a good time with our grandchildren. Sebastian was over tonight with David and Kim and my other son, Matthew and his wife Davina came over too. I was giving them their "chores" for when I am in hospital. Only 4 more sleeps ... :shocked: I had a lovely time with Sebastian tonight. I have a room here which has a car and a bike that he rides and three tubs of toys and he was running in and out getting different toys and all of a sudden he came out and said "nanna will you read me a book" and I said of course. So he raced back and brought out about 10 Little Golden Books and climbed on my lap and we read all 10. Then he read me a couple and he always starts with "Once upon a time" and then says "The End" when he has finished his version of the reading. It is lovely to see that in this highly technological world, kids still enjoy books that were read to me when I was young and which I read to my children.
It won't be long now before you have only 4 sleeps to go. I hope you continue to stay well. Take Care ... Hugs - Ellen.
 
Hi @NetballKnees omg only four sleeps! Can't wait till my surgery is over. Will feel better than. I did not even ask for Valium this time for anxiety. I think I will be calm.

So glad you and Sebastien had so much fun. It is so good that he has a special room at your house. I bought the one year old a v-tech flashlight yesterday and he was thrilled. The little things they like and do make me smile.

I will be checking your thread so make sure you let us know how you are. Are they doing an MUA at the same time? I think you will find a big difference with this knee and hope it makes the other knee jealous!

It has been a gorgeous summer here. I am so not looking forward to winter especially if it is a repeat of the last one.

Everyone have a great Sunday!
 
Hi @Jozilla I thought I'd come and visit you for a change. I can't believe how fast your surgery date is coming up. One minute it seemed an age away and suddenly it's here. I can't wait to get mine over and done. I'm apprehensive as I have to have GA this time instead of a block. I think it helps Jo because the experience from having this TKR has helped you to quell your anxiety a bit, I'm glad to read that xxx

Take care I'm sending you a virtual hug and all my love
Love Nana moon 27
 
Thank you @NanaMoon27 - I am trying to do things but running out of time. Went out with some friends we haven't seen in awhile to a great Mexican restaurant tonight. My second favorite kind of food ! I only have 3 weeks left and ten days out of that I will be at our caravan. I will then be home for four days and then surgery! I will also be away with my grandchildren and daughter - hubby has to work for part if it and I am just looking forward to being away with family! Loved your story this weekend with your granddaughters and the TV! So something I would do! I very much understand doing anything for our grandchildren. Sweet dreams - Xoxoxo JoAnne
 
@NetballKnees Hi Ellen,
It must only be 2 more sleeps until surgery at this stage. Wishing you the best and sending warm wishes for your recovery.
@Jozilla Hi JoAnne, are you caravan in gat this stage ? Lovely to be able to get way with family before your surgery and will make the time fly.

Take care,
Cathie :flwrysmile:
 
Hi Cathy Yes I am off to my caravan Friday for ten days. I have limited wifi but will see if I can get on!

Love to all!
 
Hi @Jozilla - thought I'd come and find out what is going on, on your thread. Eeek! Not long now for you and knee no 2. Ha ha - I did a rhyme there!

Glad all the tests and other rigmarole came back fine, and you are good to go. The time at your camper will be great and the time will certainly fly ............ having fun with your grandchildren will certainly take your mind off things.

I expect it feels a bit weird getting all the TKR stuff out again - I can only imagine that it must be a bit like getting all the baby equipment out ready for another new arrival. Like your thread said before, Baby Steps .... for a Baby Knee!

I haven't been around the threads much of late, the website was on go slow and my patience isn't great. Ha! I've done it again, another rhyme - perhaps I could just write this whole post as a poem?? :rotfl: I have also been really busy - busier than I have in a long while - and I think my posting suffered, as it is taking a while for my usual multi-tasking ability to kick back in again. I'm getting there though.

Will certainly be checking in here frequently to check up on you, once D day or should it be K Day? approaches - and I expect we will all be hanging out at Nana Moons as per usual.

Anyway - enjoy your day and take care.

XXOOXX

(PS - Think a new doggy once you are fit and well again is a grand idea. Something to think on and plan while you are doing all that icing and elevating!) XX
 
@Jozilla
Hi JoAnne,

I loved our family camping and caravan holiday time when our boys were little - great times & great memories.
Best wishes for your Welsh holiday and enjoy your time away, great to have that to look forward to before your surgery.

Take care,
Cathie :flwrysmile:
 
Less than two weeks to go! I am on vacation but will try and post more later. Here us a picture of my daughter, granddaughter and grandson at the zoo!

[Bonesmart.org] Jozilla Part 2 - 9/8/14 LTKR


Everyone have a great day!
 
Lovely photo @Jozilla - wow, I envy those curls on your grandchildren!

Your granddaughter looks a lovely girl, the little one will grow up to be a heartbreaker for sure.

Enjoy the rest of your break

XX
 
@Jozilla - the kids are gorgeous! So glad you are off having fun. Almost time...and then you will be on the recovery path, getting strong.
 
Hi @dogwheels - my daughters hair is also curly but she always straightens it. They take after my hubby with the curls. Mason also looks a lot like him. My daughter a lot like me as well as my granddaughter. My son has shaved his head for years so I don't know what his hair looks like anymore!

@Gingiebot - so good to see you here. How are you doing? I wish the surgery would hurry up and be done with now.

I wish everyone has a great day!

Xoxo
JoAnne
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom