TKR Jozilla Part 2 - 9/8/14 LTKR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you all for the well wishes. My pre op is Tuesday. Yes this is really happening. Time right now is flying by. All my appointments are made except for my GP who has to give me final medical clearance. I will take care of that tomorrow but was waiting for confirmation of my pre op. Hope everyone has a great evening!
 
Best of luck !! , your support to all of us is priceless. We will be here for you. Time does fly by , yet sometimes it seems like a standstill. This month will fly by for sure! We will pray that the surgeon and his team do a flawless job. The physical therapist too. You will have to do your part. You will do great . Best of luck , Iceman
 
Thanks Ice! How is work going?
 
Hi @Jozilla, I thought I'd go exploring this morning and wander around to find other threads. Nana moons 'coffee shop' is certainly an easy place to head for to have a chat with everyone, but it does make me lazy, I seldom leave her thread these days.
You sound so positive about your upcoming TKR I'm sure you will be fine. You will be well prepared as you know what to expect, and with so many of us on here to support you, hopefully we can keep your spirits up. Obviously, as a woman, you will be up and about a few days after :rotfl:.
Your trip in the camper with daughter and grand children sounds wonderful, I hope you have a great trip. Lots of sunshine so your body has lots of vitamin D to help with your recovery. Take care xxx Lyn
 
Hi @Ellejay Glad that you stopped by! I kind of just restarted my thread. Also visiting NanaMoon's where it is always interesting! She has made us all feel so welcome and has a wonderful assortment of Bonesmarties. I hope your knee has been behaving! I had a cortisone shot about a month ago and it did nothing. I cannot take NSAIDS so I am taking my Vicodin which helps me function.

I am hoping to get Beach, Boardwalk and Zoo time on vacation. Jersey has the best Boardwalks that I have seen on the East coast. Very unique - my avatar is from Ocean City a favorite of ours. When my hubby comes down we will go fishing and crabbing which my granddaughter loves.

I really am nervous - the loss of control during surgery makes me so anxious. I am so grateful for all of you who will be here for me! And can't wait to start recovering!
 
Jozilla,
Have a wonderful trip to the sea, sounds like it will be a lot of fun with your family.
We will all be here through your second TKR.
Have fun ast the sea,
 
Very pleased you don't have too much longer to wait for your surgery.
 
Hi JoAnne, @Jozilla

Glad to hear you have a surgery date and that things are progressing for you!

My provisional theatre date is a few days after yours, and I still have to have that date confirmed, when I see my surgeon on the 25th. I'm pretty sure it will go ahead, though.

We can look out for each other as we recover.

Best wishes. :flwrysmile:
 
Thank you all for your support! I am looking forward to recovering with you Celle! There are a few if us having second knees done in August and September. @Mamora - how about that Rory McElroy!! Great golf yesterday. @Celle hope your vacation was fun and enjoyable with your new grand daughter!

Everyone have a great day!
 
Time is flying by! I had pre op this morning. I didn't have to stay for knee class again so I was happy about that. Had EKG, blood work and urine test, chest X-ray and MRSA swab. Then I was off to my primary for medical clearance. Everything was great - all blood levels are right where they should be so I am good to go for the surgery. I was given my instructions for the week before surgery and also the antibacterial cloths for two days before and morning of surgery. I use the wipes 30 minutes after showering.

So I am getting there! I have one more appointment with my surgeon before the tkr. I won't receive the surgery time until the Friday afternoon before surgery. Of course I will be praying for an early start!

I was a little nervous this morning. It is part of my doom and gloom personality when it comes to me. I think they will find something that will prevent my surgery. So only after seeing my GP did I feel better.

I also liked the anesthesiologist I spoke with during pre op. she actually asked me if I wanted a spinal or general. I told her as long as I was "out" of it I was okay with a spinal. She reassured me I would be. For me it was wonderful waking up and being immediately alert yet having no knee pain due to numbness of the spinal.

I will also talk with my OS about pain control when I see him. I did read on his group's website they are using exparel to reduce pain and another medication that reduces bleeding during the surgery.

I will keep my fingers crossed that this tkr is as good as the last! Hope everyone has a great day and one that is less painful!
 
Jozilla,
Looks like you are on your way to a successful surgery. Glad to hear you passed all the pre op tests and are good to go. Hope you are scheduled early in the day.
 
Hi JoAnne ... glad your pre-op tests went so well - really glad for you. I hope this TKR goes even better than the first one.
The approach is so different to over here. I simply go into hospital on the morning of the op, go through the admitting procedure and hand in all the admission forms I have completed ahead of time. They take you through to a room where you change into a hospital gown, they put in cannulas, put on TEDS and you wait until anaesthetist comes and takes you to theatre. Oh, and we have to shower the night before and wash our hair and shower the morning of, and wash our hair, but are given no wipes to do it with or any special disinfectant or anything.
I have just over a week to go .. YIKES ... (had to type it because my emoticons icon won't open). I am a bit concerned about being on my own this time. My ex-hubby gave me such good care with the first one. I have no idea how I am going to get the TEDS on by myself. I think I said before I will have to shower in them and let them dry out during the day.
Take Care JoAnne - it is nearly time to wrap yourself in cotton wool so nothing happens before surgery. I am going to take a leaf out of someone else's thread (marmora, is it?) and try to do a step by step account of the surgery and recovery. Hugs ... Ellen
 
Also wanted to say how sorry I was to read about the dog. They do wind themselves into our lives and hearts.
It is almost time for your camper holiday ... I hope you have a lovely time. xoxo
 
@NetballKnees oh do I understand the Yikes!! Seems like time is flying by for me. I am ok with that but it is summer here and beautiful. Last winter was horrid and I am not looking forward to it at all. I seriously need to consider moving to Florida when I retire at least for the winters.

I so miss Stella - the minpin. She was a beautiful caring dog. She thought she gave birth to my daughters son and would never leave his side.

I understand your fear of being alone. I will have my hubby to help me out in the morning when i wake up but he is unable to take time off of work. I live in a split level house with 3 floors. I am lucky I can stay on the first level which has everything but a stove. I still do not like doing stairs as they still hurt.

Very interesting how countries are so different. It is like passing exams here. One thing off and they won't do the surgery! My GP had all my results already when I saw him two hours later. He said all my blood levels were good - platelets, iron, etc.

I also love the journal idea. Wish I had documented better my first surgery.

Thinking of everyone today!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom