TKR Joyfull61's Recovery Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone around tonight giving handpats? I could use a few. The arthritis pain in my right knee is unbearable. Give me the post surgery pain any day. November 30 can't come quickly enough.

My bionic knee looks great and is just a little sore and tight. My right knee is so swollen and distorted that you can't see or feel the knee cap. My ROM is next to nothing. I just took an oxycodone and am waiting for some relief. It's whine, whine, whine until then. :cry::cry:
 
((((((((((Joyfull61)))))))))) :console2:

I'm sorry you old knee is giving you so much pain. Hang in there, because it won't be for much longer!
 
Thanks, Ceele!

It isn't as bad today. The rain moved out and so did part of the swelling. Enough so that I made several trips up and down the basement stairs to do laundry.
 
10 DAYS. That's all. I welcome the post-surgical pain...I can't take the arthritis pain. My knee will barely bend. This is insane.
 
Your knee will bend. Give it time. Don't try to force it, but just concentrate on lots of rest, ice and elevation, to reduce the swelling.

My knee didn't bend at all for about 5 days and then it only progressed very slowly at first.

Once the swelling started to go down more noticeably, the knee bent OK.
 
I can't wait to have two new knees. My left knee is perfectly willing to do everything it should be doing at three months out...too bad my old right knee won't play nice with it!!
 
My situation exactly. My new knee wants to run (figuratively speaking), but my old knee says, "Not to fast youngster."


Jean

LTKR (Stryker Triathlon): 21 April 2015
Right Knee Arthroscopy: 25 July 2006
Left Knee Arthroscopy: 10 February 2005
 
Hi @Joyfull61 I know the feeling. Got my right knee done 2 weeks ago tomorrow and getting the 2nd done on December 9th. Feel like I'm in a holding pattern. I can feel the extra stress on the left knee but since I'm not allowed to be up and around too much, its holding in there. Looking forward to having that done and then just continuous improvement for both.
 
This time next week, I'll have my new knee!!!! I will rejoice no matter how much that sucker hurts.

Arthritis with no ibuprofen is unbearable. The bone-on-bone pain is horrible, but the swelling has taken away so much of my mobility. My cane is my friend.
 
I am right with you joyfull61!!!!
I had my RTKR on August 24th and I'm heading back in for the other knee on the 30th.
I stopped Ibuprofen last night and my left knee is very grumpy.
I did my shopping for Thanksgiving this morning, because I know later this week the pain will be awful!!!
I really couldn't do much more for the rest of the day.
As scary as surgery is and early recovery are,:dubious: I am now counting down the days too!!!
 
I'm looking forward to some good painkillers...lol!!!
I vaguely remember waking up one day in the hospital acting out my dream of chopping vegetables...
It was weird.
 
I should be sleeping, but I'm awake. Surgery is in a few hours and I'm starting to get anxious.

Guess I'd better try and get a little sleep...see y'all on the other side!!
 
I'm out of surgery. Full replacement this time. There was a lot of unexpected fluid and it's going to pathology. No pain yet...spinal hasn't worn off.

I'll talk to y'all later!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Last edited by a moderator:
That's great that you have two new knees now. My old knee isn't very happy with me and my new one just continues to have pain. At some point I'll become fully bionic!
 
Dang, this hurts. I have a CPM this time around and hate it. My pain was 3-4 before spending a couple of hours with it. Before the CPM, I walked about 50 feet with a walker and felt fine. There's no way I could manage that walk now. I'm hoovering around 7, but am hopeful that we'll get it under control soon.

Apparently the knee was pretty beaten up and there was a lot of fluid. The surgeon sent some to pathology.

(I realize my writing is hard to follow, but I'm too tired to edit it!)

I'm hoping for some sleep soon.
 
Congratulations on your new RTKR and welcome to the "Done 'em Both" club. It's too bad the right knee got so rough before you could replace it. I was trying to hold off between knee replacements -my goal was next summer- but my right knee deteriorated suddenly and I couldn't wait any longer. Do tell us what that fluid turned out to be when you find out. Rest up and heal well!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom